Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nate0068

Infinite amount of colors

9 posts in this topic

So is there and infinit amount of colors out there that exist that we cant even fathom or is the variety of different possible colors limited 

@Nate0068 infinite

just like there's no end to numbers. colors are also infinite.

just within a limited color gradient  (see pic) there are infinite colors. like a mathematical grid. there are infinite points.

beautiful-color-ui-gradients-backgrounds-relay.png

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

7 hours ago, Nate0068 said:

So is there and infinit amount of colors out there that exist

There are no colors just as there is no "out there".  

2 hours ago, Nate0068 said:

So is there and infinit amount of colors out there that exist that we cant even fathom or is the variety of different possible colors limited 

Colors don't exist. You have cone cells in your eye that convert wavelengths of light into projections of color. There is no color. It is a hallucination that your mind is creating.

Humans have three different type of cone cells - each produces a different subjective experience of "color". These three types of cone cells can interact with each other producing a perception of various colors. In theory, there is an extremely large number of mixtures possible.

There are subjective colors that cannot be imagined due to neurological limitations. For example, dogs only have two types of cone cells and cannot create a subjective perception of red. They cannot create this hallucination due to having only two cone cells. In contrast, the mantis shrimp has 16 types of cone cells. This expansive set of cone cells allows the mantis shrimp to create hundreds of color perceptions that humans cannot - humans can't even imagine these colors because we only have three types of cone cells. 

I think the subjective, relative nature of color is one of the best ways to break through attachment to an external, objective, universal reality. . . Most people see a tree and say "that tree is green". There appears to be an objective, external reality of a green tree. . .  "Duh!! That tree is obviously green, just look at it!!". Yet that tree isn't green. There are no objective, external colors. The mind creates color internally. It just makes it up. Color is a relative hallucination. Different beings perceive different colors and we have no idea if we perceive the colors the same. What you hallucinate as "green", I may haullicante as "blue". Humans just agree to call a certain colorless wavelength as "green" and another colorless wavelength as "blue". .  . Imagine in the future, we can temporarily trade visual systems. . . If you got to experience my visual system you may be surprised. You may realize "Whaaat??!! You've been calling Yellow, Green!!". 

@Nate0068 From my direct experiences, yes. Human beings experience three primary colors (red, yellow, and blue) but there are infinitely many primary colors that the human mind doesn’t experience and can’t imagine. 

@Serotoninluv Fascinating!

One of my favorite painters created his own color wheel and uses the primary colors cyan, magenta, and yellow like a printer does. You cannot mix every color with the traditional red, yellow, blue primary colors. The shades are too skewed. 

This famous picture broke a lot of people's reality. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress

Also women see colors differently from men. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/men-and-women-see-things-differently-literally-180954815/ 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Colors don't exist. You have cone cells in your eye that convert wavelengths of light into projections of color. There is no color. It is a hallucination that your mind is creating.

Humans have three different type of cone cells - each produces a different subjective experience of "color". These three types of cone cells can interact with each other producing a perception of various colors. In theory, there is an extremely large number of mixtures possible.

There are subjective colors that cannot be imagined due to neurological limitations. For example, dogs only have two types of cone cells and cannot create a subjective perception of red. They cannot create this hallucination due to having only two cone cells. In contrast, the mantis shrimp has 16 types of cone cells. This expansive set of cone cells allows the mantis shrimp to create hundreds of color perceptions that humans cannot - humans can't even imagine these colors because we only have three types of cone cells. 

I think the subjective, relative nature of color is one of the best ways to break through attachment to an external, objective, universal reality. . . Most people see a tree and say "that tree is green". There appears to be an objective, external reality of a green tree. . .  "Duh!! That tree is obviously green, just look at it!!". Yet that tree isn't green. There are no objective, external colors. The mind creates color internally. It just makes it up. Color is a relative hallucination. Different beings perceive different colors and we have no idea if we perceive the colors the same. What you hallucinate as "green", I may haullicante as "blue". Humans just agree to call a certain colorless wavelength as "green" and another colorless wavelength as "blue". .  . Imagine in the future, we can temporarily trade visual systems. . . If you got to experience my visual system you may be surprised. You may realize "Whaaat??!! You've been calling Yellow, Green!!". 

I find the hallucination/perception framework very limited. To say the mind is creating color seems to create just another story which does not reveal the infinite Creativity it takes to create any aspect of existence. Fundamentally, cone cells have absolutely nothing to do with color and neither do fundamentally neurological structures. Color is irreducable and is directly linked to the Causeless Cause.

All duality, including the Imagination/Non-imagination duality is sourced directly from the Causeless Cause or the Creator. So is Color, and it exist as much as anything else we could possibly say exists.

Redness is Quintessential. And yes, there are Colors with no bounds, infinite of them. Not mere gradiations, but entire types of colors. This also includes Sound, Touch, Emotion and all other quintessential aspects of reality. Moreover, there are Infinite types of Quintessential dimensions. Things other than Sound, Touch, Sight and so forth, that do not exist in Human Minds. And even more, there are infinite gradiations between all of these dimensions.

These very gradiations are what we then call the World or Perception.

Glory to Israel

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@mandyjwInteresting. I wasn't aware of gender difference and color perception. Sometimes I wish I could experience someone else's perception for a day. I know you are involved in creating art. Have you ever noticed this difference as having an impact with artist? I would imagine artists are more sensitive to color perception than the general population. 

6 minutes ago, Scholar said:

To say the mind is creating color seems to create just another story which does not reveal the infinite Creativity it takes to create any aspect of existence. 

It's all stories. Including the story about Infinite Creativity. . . We humans love to create and tell stories. This can be wonderful. Yet humans also have a tendency to get attached to the stories we create. 

9 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Fundamentally, cone cells have absolutely nothing to do with color and neither do fundamentally neurological structures.

With the transcendence of material, it is tempting to grasp immaterial and reject material. Yet, this is another duality. Immaterial = Material.

Cone cells/neurological structures have absolutely nothing to do with color and absolutely everything to do with color.  I was telling a story about how cone cells and neurology relate to color. . . I could also tell a story about how cone cells and neurology don't relate to color. . . So many stories, so little time. . . 

20 minutes ago, Scholar said:

All duality, including the Imagination/Non-imagination duality is sourced directly from the Causeless Cause

Don't forget about the Causeless Cause vs. the Non-Causeless Cause duality. . . 

21 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Redness is Quintessential. And yes, there are Colors with no bounds, infinite of them. Not mere gradiations, but entire types of colors. This also includes Sound, Touch, Emotion and all other quintessential aspects of reality. Moreover, there are Infinite types of Quintessential dimensions. Things other than Sound, Touch, Sight and so forth, that do not exist in Human Minds. And even more, there are infinite gradiations between all of these dimensions.

These very gradiations are what we then call the World or Perception.

Nice story. I like all sorts of stories. Thanks for sharing this one. 

Terms like "is" and "there are" are great for constructing stories. Yet all constructs also deconstruct. 

Redness is Quintessential. . . . Redness IS Redness. . . .

There are are-ness. . .