The Don

What you need to go through just to understand what mindfulness is.

14 posts in this topic

I've kinda' been mastering my ego.

I'm not attached to materialism so much as I've been in the past... and that's great. I still like to play with stuff but not in an attached manner.

I've been meditating for a long time now and I started to notice feelings of depression, meaninglessness and despair bubbling up. The depression is gone but the feelings of despair come again from time to time. They are not as strong as they were before. I'm being mindful of every feeling. Noting can scare me anymore, regardless of how bad a feeling can be. When something negative comes up, I observe it and let it be as it is. After a while, the negative feeling fades away; it just disappears.

When people talk about mindfulness, it takes about a year or two just to have an aha-moment. It takes a lot of time to reach that aha-moment. You go through a lot of pain and self-doubts until you finally get an aha-moment about mindfulness and what it really means.

Then, when you develop mindfulness or the awareness muscle, you start to heal and get better. Only when you have developed this muscle the healing process begins.

People like to learn about awareness and consciousness work. They like the ideas a lot from what I can see. But many of them don't understand that it takes a lot of time and effort (pain as well) just to develop a little bit of this awareness muscle.

On the other hand, it's important to know that when you have an aha-moment, you're not fully developed; you just think you are but you're not. It's only the beginning. Progress requires emotional labor even when you think you're mastering some aspect of your life. Believe me, you're not mastering it. You're just tasting a little bit of it.

So what do you do about it?

You become conscious of the fact that there are many levels of awareness. Then, you can know and understand that you need to keep going without pause.

In this process, negative emotions will bubble up again. Those negative emotions have the potential to influence your perception of reality and make you doubt yourself while you're on the path of mastery. If you want to stay on the path and not get off the path, obviously, write in your own journal about the doubts that come up when you're under the influence of negative emotions. Come back and read the traps of negative emotions that you wrote in your journal when your mind was in a calm state.

It's very important to proceed in this manner. It will help you a lot.

Any questions are welcomed here.

Peace and well-being to all of you. :)

Me on the road less traveled.

I noticed too an underlying pattern behind every negative emotion that arises during Meditation and After.i started to not identifying with them, observe from what they are,and letting go like u already living over that moment,there is a lot of pain I still experience during this days.Is not all joy and blissful experience..yesterday for example..I was so demolished that I doubt for a bit my path..but again just a moment..and then the realization that love is the answer..and already feels better so yes I feel ur word and i resonate with them for sure...things is the less resistence about what u feeling the less painfull is the experience..seems there is no other ways to get the process lighter don’t u think?

Pure love To u ❤️❤️

2 minutes ago, Fede83 said:

I was so demolished that I doubt for a bit my path..but again just a moment..and then the realization that love is the answer

Yes. I can relate to that.

And try to understand what every emotion tries to tell you. Develop this understanding of what every emotion means because every emotion has a message.

Every emotion contains a message.

9 hours ago, The Don said:

Yes. I can relate to that.

And try to understand what every emotion tries to tell you. Develop this understanding of what every emotion means because every emotion has a message.

Every emotion contains a message.

Sort of. Emotions tell you what is going on in your mind. Listening to emotions is a quick and easy way to uncover unconscious identification with time. 

Mastering that will take you beyond emotion 

26 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

Emotions tell you what is going on in your mind.

Do you mean what is happening in the subconscious mind?

28 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

Mastering that will take you beyond emotion.

@Nickyy, this is what I am trying to do.

Do emotions reflect what happens in our subconscious mind?

Just now, The Don said:

@Nickyy, this is what I am trying to do.

Do emotions reflect what happens in our subconscious mind?

They are just a signal that you have lost awareness of the present moment.

I don't know what "subconscious mind" is. I don't have any education in psychology I'm afraid. 

20 minutes ago, The Don said:

Do you mean what is happening in the subconscious mind?

When I say "unconscious" I mean in the sense that you're not really aware of what's going on. 

For example, if you're bored, and you try to spice the moment up by making it more entertaining, that means you're not really conscious of what's happened with you. You're deluded at that point and in the dream. The dream can be a nice place, it is for most people. I dream a lot. It's fun. But being "conscious" means you understand what happened and that understanding dissolves the identification in that moment. 

I think being conscious in a spiritual sense is more of an understanding. Which probably accounts for the fact that some people can meditate for years and still not awaken. You kind of need to be told how to spot the false self 

Edited by Nickyy

33 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

I dream a lot. It's fun.

I dream a lot as well. In my case, the dreams I have are extremely negative.

Since I'm becoming more conscious as a result of meditation, I remember my dreams after I wake up.

Before meditation, I couldn't remember my dreams.

I'm having scary dreams. Almost like nightmares.

Maybe my dreams are showing me that I have a negative psychology.

I don't know what exactly to say about my dreams.

3 minutes ago, The Don said:

I dream a lot as well. In my case, the dreams I have are extremely negative.

Since I'm becoming more conscious as a result of meditation, I remember my dreams after I wake up.

Before meditation, I couldn't remember my dreams.

I'm having scary dreams. Almost like nightmares.

Maybe my dreams are showing me that I have a negative psychology.

I don't know what exactly to say about my dreams.

I mean I identify with my mind a lot. I am delusional like everyone else. I only have a bit of experience with spirituality, which is why I'm here, because talking about it helps integrate the teaching. 

With regards to your dreams at night, they will get better the more you learn to disidentify with your mind. I used to have nightmares too, but my nighttime dreams are getting much more pleasant

1 hour ago, Nickyy said:

which is why I'm here, because talking about it helps integrate the teaching. 

I have discovered this to be very true as well.   I had a mystical experience once right on the forum while talking about it.  Of course the guy i was talking to couldn't believe it as he was a materialist but it is what it is :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@The Don  if you want to have a real good aha moment, write down on a piece of paper every word that describes Who You Are.

Then burn the piece of paper because those are all illusions. Just ideas perceptions beliefs about yourself created by your own mind.

Then turn within and ask yourself, if I'm not any of those things I thought I was... what am I?

Who are you then?

? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I have discovered this to be very true as well.   I had a mystical experience once right on the forum while talking about it.  Of course the guy i was talking to couldn't believe it as he was a materialist but it is what it is :)

I like the forum. It's a good place to talk and not be judged for bringing your thoughts and feelings.