Marks199

This could save my life if you help THANK YOU!

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I was wondering if you can help me with this advice what if I combine three positive affirmations in one, for example, these are the affirmations I want to do but I am not sure how many words can have one:

1. I own my life, I am patient with everything and I follow my intuition

2. I don't have comfort zones and I don't tell plans to nonsupporters

3. I distract myself with positive visions and repeat all 3 affirmations every day

These are the three affirmations I am telling you I would be really grateful for your advice :)

Edited by Marks199

https://psychcentral.com/blog/why-positive-affirmations-dont-work/

"Why Positive Affirmations Don’t Work" (excerpt) see full article
By Sophie Henshaw

if affirmations don’t work, what does? The good news is that there is a simple method you can use, apply immediately and have instant and excellent results.

A recent groundbreaking study holds the key. It sheds light on the effectiveness of declarative versus interrogative self-talk (Senay, Albarracín & Noguchi, 2010).

Declarative self-talk is about making self-statements, either positive (e.g., affirmations) or negative (e.g., core beliefs).
In contrast, interrogative self-talk is about asking questions.

In the study, four groups of participants were asked to solve anagrams. Before completing the task, the researchers told them that they were interested in handwriting practices
and asked them to write 20 times on a sheet of paper either:
“I will,”
“Will I,”
“I” or
“Will.”

The group that wrote “Will I” solved nearly twice as many anagrams as any of the other groups.

full research article title, type in quotes in google

" Motivating Goal-Directed Behavior Through Introspective Self-Talk: The Role of the Interrogative Form of Simple Future Tense. "

Yes, it does work. 

There's no limit to how many words you can use, as long as you do it every day. I have about two pages of affirmations that I read every day. The most important thing for me really is that the affirmations spark positive emotions.

I am myself, heaven and hell.