Nahm

The Path, Living & The Dream Board

377 posts in this topic

Wait, why don't we just add "world peace" and "the end of hunger" to our boards and save the world?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@Loving Radiance To be honest, I would be terrified if it actually worked. :D

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@Nahm

1. What was the change in your desires(general or specific) after the awakening? 

I define general desires like personal growth, financial abundance, creativity, relationships, health etc. Specific desires like that one dream for a career/life-calling, or maybe a relationship. 

2. How is your experience of desiring now as compared with before or how a normal person experiences it:P?

There are a lot of people who have attuned to some level of Truth who are literally against desires.  For eg. in Michael Alan Singer's course, I found this 

"You have a choice: every single moment of your life is either about getting what you want, or letting go of the part of
you that is keeping you from being OK. Getting what you want is not going to make you permanently OK. However,
you will always be OK if you let go of what is making you think you need something." 

What's different about awakenings such as these and many others like yours. 

Thank you so much this is an awesome resource! :)

Edited by captainamerica

2 hours ago, captainamerica said:

"You have a choice: every single moment of your life is either about getting what you want, or letting go of the part of
you that is keeping you from being OK. Getting what you want is not going to make you permanently OK. However,
you will always be OK if you let go of what is making you think you need something."

You can let go of the need and be ok while at the same time getting what you want. Doesn't contradict itself. Getting what you want by letting go of it in the first place.

From Mandyjw:

[...] connecting with feeling and intuition and practicing "alignment with source" is the only real guidance we have. It's alive. It's so alive that it will use mind, thoughts, constructs and projections as tools. But think of it as the foundation and always come back to awareness/source. Otherwise you're just using tools that aren't inherently bad in themselves to build more on a precarious building that has no foundation.

We seek security in this ultimate framework or map [duality] we can follow to keep us out of trouble all the time. But there is no real time, that's another construct. So we have false constructs built on false constructs, like some really tall ridiculously unstable building.

Ground yourself; know the nature of water.

From this knowing you get what you want; the river just flows by itself.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:33 AM, captainamerica said:

@Nahm

1. What was the change in your desires(general or specific) after the awakening? 

I define general desires like personal growth, financial abundance, creativity, relationships, health etc. Specific desires like that one dream for a career/life-calling, or maybe a relationship. 

2. How is your experience of desiring now as compared with before or how a normal person experiences it:P?

Non subject object relationship & experience. 

There are a lot of people who have attuned to some level of Truth who are literally against desires.  For eg. in Michael Alan Singer's course, I found this 

What's different about awakenings such as these and many others like yours? 

Thank you so much this is an awesome resource! :)

Thinking about yourself as parts, and or being against desire, or any other ‘parts’ of yourself and experience, or anyone or anything else, is always up to you. In regard to that specific passage, I think you’ll find a realization in spotting the difference between need & want. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

50 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

You can let go of the need and be ok while at the same time getting what you want. Doesn't contradict itself. Getting what you want by letting go of it in the first place.

From Mandyjw:

Ground yourself; know the nature of water.

From this knowing you get what you want; the river just flows by itself.

@Loving Radiance Thanks! Appreciate it.

I thought about this perspective for a while and found about a lot of people using performance psychology to have non-attachment and desiring at the same time implying that non-desiring and non-attachment is not the same thing.

It doesn't really seem possible to have manifestations without a desire or burning desire both from a physical/psychological and even a metaphysical point of view. Yogis who have experimented with this came to the conclusion that even if all else being equal, the Real you/Source doesn't really set the necessary causes in motion without a desire. (imo)

What do you say about creation from a state of "spiritual completeness" instead of "psychological completeness"? Is Napoleon Hill's "burning desire" possible in the former case where one doesn't feel anything missing?

@Nahm

I thought that realization extinguishes desires itself(at least some).

I heard Leo in a video saying if the passion is rooted in ego then it gets extinguished out (Timestamped):

53 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Non subject object relationship & experience. 

Good to know there is this another aspect as well to awakening that you mention above. 

So, Should I contemplate on my desires and non-duality both at once in order to experience this Truth and realize it in my consciousness? (Apart from the dream board process you described which I have planned to use.)

Edited by captainamerica

52 minutes ago, captainamerica said:

What do you say about creation from a state of "spiritual completeness" instead of "psychological completeness"?

I don't see a difference between "spiritual completeness" and "psychological completeness". What distinctions do you see?

Is Napoleon Hill's "burning desire" possible in the former case where one doesn't feel anything missing?

Haven't read Napoleon Hill. That being said, being connected to source includes a burning desire.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

3 hours ago, captainamerica said:

So, Should I contemplate on my desires and non-duality both at once in order to experience this Truth and realize it in my consciousness? (Apart from the dream board process you described which I have planned to use.)

Apart from the dreamboard process, it’s thinking about direct experience. Only direct experience will do. You are of course free to contemplate in all manors you like, and thus directly experience what you’re asking about. You could write the desires on your dreamboard, and find that expression is very clarifying in and of itself. You could also use the dreamboard to ‘untangle’ thinking which is of the subject object relationship. The back is ideal if it’s double sided. Sometimes a completely different perspective arises in seeing thoughts in front of us, so to speak. It can be insightful & liberating.

11 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

I don't see a difference between "spiritual completeness" and "psychological completeness". What distinctions do you see?

@Loving Radiance Spiritual completeness like described by Ekhart Tolle where one feels naturally complete and detached from the world by the way of higher state of consciousness and the long term purification by it. 

"Psycological" as is used by top performers frequently by affirming or visualizing a sense of inner worth. Maybe journaling. It can be observed in many businessmen. To me, it doesn't seem like they actually feel "complete" although they can see through the blind materialistic paradigms at times which at times calls for hurting others like Wall Street or seeing external things having more worth than ones own self instead of a balance. But even then the need to do or create an impact is still there in my opinion which creates this burning desire.

Edited by captainamerica

How should I write something. For example, if I want to be enlightened should I write “I want to be enlightened” or “I am enlightened “ etc. Because from what I’ve read, when manifesting, having a “wanting” mentality obstructs the manifesting.

@Nahm

Edited by Alfonsoo

3 hours ago, Alfonsoo said:

How should I write something. For example, if I want to be enlightened should I write “I want to be enlightened” or “I am enlightened “ etc. Because from what I’ve read, when manifesting, having a “wanting” mentality obstructs the manifesting.

Delightful question. I would just write, “enlightenment”. 

Wanting is unobstructed, mentality can be obstructive, manifesting is the underlying actuality in either scenario. That is, in either case the experience is being created by the one experiencing, who is free to choose aligned (good feeling) perspectives. To draw out this distinction in direct experience...when an obstructive men-tality is experienced, reconsider the subject, relationship, memory, or category from a perspective of totality, inclusiveness, as if you already had it, as if you already were it.

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

reconsider the subject, relationship, memory, or category from a perspective of totality, inclusiveness, as if you already had it, as if you already were it.

Could you explain it differently please. 

“as if I already were it” : What if i’m manifesting a relationship (which means I don’t have it in that moment), and someone asks if I have a girl/boyfriend. How should I answer? What I am experiencing and what i’m trying to “feel as if it was already here” are not aligned.

Maybe seeing things this way is precisely what keeps someone from manifesting, but it is very difficult to break free of this way of thinking.

@Alfonsoo

Acknowledging thought by recognizing you are the awareness, aware of thought, is ample. No need to break free of anything, you are already freedom, or, pure spontaneity. Meditation every morning is great for letting thought go by relaxing the body and focusing on feeling & breathing from the stomach. Recognize that “it is very difficult to break free of this way of thinking” is one thought, about thinking. In noticing this is one thought, there is not the impulse to believe the story or narrative, of the thought. Imagine if you realized you’ve had a habit of ‘believing your left hand’. In being aware of the habit, you recognize the left hand is not a matter of belief or not, but just is, in a very neutral sense, the left hand. Write ‘relationship’ on your dreamboard, and imagine / fantasize about how it feels to be in that loving, happy, healthy relationship. Feel appreciation for him / her, and gratitude for the experience of the relationship. Then, if someone asks you if you’re in a relationship, be open minded that this may very well be the coming of the opportunity for the relationship, and tell them you are not, but are looking to be.