Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTR

How seeking enlightenment won't enlighten you - it is a destructive process

26 posts in this topic

After years on this path I came into the realisation that the code we use to communicate out our brain vibrational perceptions (languages) are so flawed that can actually drive us away from what we are. And this is why the very nature of mediation is to quiet down this absolute nonsense, because language is so limited it can't even start to contemplate or compute what the universe really is. Language, spoken or in form of thought are very primitive and long has reached its limits. It's futile trying to understand, it can only barely point you to the right direction, in the same way it can point you to the absolutely wrong direction. But even so, there's no right or wrong direction because direction is not a thing. And a thing is a no-thing.

Thinking the word enlightenment is an unenlightened expression. My thoughts right now, that you are reading on this forum, are unenlightened expressions. 

I also realised the literature portrays a few things that can mislead you. Let's take a few examples of almost unanimous anecdotes we hear: 

That one must become or access the higher self to become enlightened.  

That enlightenment sits on a higher vibrational spectrum.

That human beings are unconscious and must become conscious.

That you need to build, learn and improve to reach that absolute state of nirvana and peace.

That you must go through some sort of awakening.

In my own experience, these can be just as very leading as it's very misleading. If I could attempt to even barely explain what is, I would have to put it this way:

Notice when we meditate deeply and when we quiet our mind, we are diving into the nothing. The big empty. The deep. The lower and not the higher. The lower frequency not the higher frequency. The lower dimension not the higher dimension. Notice how these words contrast with the keywords above. We are addicted to the positive. Everything has to be higher, better, faster, happier. We are addicted to improvement, seeking, learning, becoming. But notice that the very nature of meditation is pretty much nothing like that. But it's not the opposite either, it's not the alter, it just is. So when you are it, the contrasting will be the destruction of all of that is. Notice that every word has a polarity. Is and is.

Enlightenment is a destructive process. Enlightenment is un-enlightenment. It's accessing your lower negative self. It's the complete and unrestricted dive into your most gut wrenching emptiness and darkness of the core of your soul. It's facing and accepting your own death. It's the absolute destruction of everything you ever thought it was moral or immoral, correct and incorrect. It's not to wake up but to sleep into your inner deeper dreams. You can't learn to rid your ego but unlearn confusing your real self as an ego. It's to access the lower, deep vibration of the nothingness and realise you are there and realise it's part of you. To give up what you think is conscious and become unconscious for a moment.

And having the courage to face it and integrate it. Because only by fully understanding the negative mother nature is when you can contrast with your positive addiction and realise there was never nothing at all.

So stop avoiding the darkness and integrate it. 

I know this is not new and I'm not alone but I came into this realisation without even touching Jungian literature if you wonder. From what I know from him it seems he understood it. I am looking forward to dive into his books when I'm ready.

16 minutes ago, MTR said:

You can't learn to rid your ego but unlearn confusing your real self as an ego. 

Yes and even the unlearning is not a doing of someone. 

16 minutes ago, MTR said:

To give up what you think is conscious and become unconscious for a moment.

Very good point, of course easy to misinterpret. Even consciousness itself is duality. Where conscious and unconscious are not to be found and nobody to understand anything, that's where "one has to go", or rather - that's what one IS, what I AM. And it can be dark and scary as you say. More so than one could ever imagine. 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

@MTR

"Destructive" could be a bit of strong word for some people (I'm sorry about my usage). There's something good and something bad on everything, depending on your point of view. There's a lot of types of meditation, do what works for you, stop doing what doesn't work for you and you'll find your path. :)

I have an opinion on everything :D

1 minute ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

nobody to understand anything

and nothing to be understood. 

:x

6 minutes ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

@MTR

"Destructive" could be a bit of strong word for some people (I'm sorry about my usage). There's something good and something bad on everything, depending on your point of view. There's a lot of types of meditation, do what works for you, stop doing what doesn't work for you and you'll find your path. :)

what is the feeling that makes you think destructive is a strong word for some people? have you explored why is it that? there's something beyond good and bad, destructive and constructive. Only if you fully dive into what it is you can start to comprehend. 

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

and nothing to be understood. 

there's surely a lot of nothing :x

Just now, MTR said:

what is the feeling that makes you think destructive is a strong word for some people? have you explored why is it that? there's something beyond good and bad, destructive and constructive. Only if you fully dive into what it is you can start to comprehend. 

Yes, you fully get it! But let's not forget about the little ones. And yes, I assumed a lot! I was just trying to play it safe for everyone :x

@MTR Lol what ever "You" want to describe ???

Brain vibrational ???

Destructive process ?

Lower Negative self ???

Darkness of core of "Your" soul.???

The lower frequency ??? not higher frequency ???

Deep vibration of Nothingness ???

Negative mother nature ??? lol why not possitive father nature ???

Not wake up and dream ???

Jungian literature ???

How replacing the possitive words with negative words will help ? ????

8 minutes ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

Yes, you fully get it! But let's not forget about the little ones. And yes, I assumed a lot! I was just trying to play it safe for everyone :x

the little ones you mean the children? they already get it

when they become adults they forget :)

9 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@MTR Lol what ever "You" want to describe ???

How replacing the possitive words with negative words will help ? ????

Whatever you want to interpret. If you choose to use our own language limits to interpret this as just merely "replacing the positive words with negatives", even tho it is pretty clear it's not what I meant, it is your own decision. 

2 minutes ago, MTR said:

Whatever you want to interpret. If you choose to use our own language limits to interpret this as just merely "replacing the positive words with negatives", even tho it is pretty clear it's not what I meant, it is your own decision. 

Let's not make this personal, nobody will win, trust me. This is a public forum so when you share something, you're sharing it with a lot of people. I fully understand you, I just don't want to give anyone a "panic" attack. So I was not only speaking to you, I was speaking to everyone. If this was a private conversation, I would not correct you at all! 

@MTR chose to use "our" own language limits.Hence it is said it cannot be described in words.Words cannot capture it.It is ever pure bcoz it is untouched by tounge - words.Tao cannot be said.What ever said is not Truth.Etc.

??? 

4 minutes ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

Let's not make this personal, nobody will win, trust me. This is a public forum so when you share something, you're sharing it with a lot of people. I fully understand you, I just don't want to give anyone a "panic" attack. So I was not only speaking to you, I was speaking to everyone. If this was a private conversation, I would not correct you at all! 

absolutely nothing personal, these are just thoughts :)

3 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@MTR chose to use "our" own language limits.Hence it is said it cannot be described in words.Words cannot capture it.It is ever pure bcoz it is untouched by tounge - words.Tao cannot be said.What ever said is not Truth.Etc.

??? 

My own limited thought systems agrees 100% with the thought you just wrote :)

Just now, MTR said:

absolutely nothing personal, these are just thoughts :)

My own limited thought systems agrees 100% with the thought you just wrote :)

@MTR The only 'destructive' part of seeking enlightenment is that the 'seeker' would have to collapse. 

You're definitely right about Enlightenment being destructive. 

If you want to dive deeper into seeing just how destruvtive it is, look at Adyashanti's book 'The End of Your World.' 

After all, destroying years of beliefs and concepts about literally everything isn't for the faint hearted. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

16 hours ago, Natasha said:

The only 'destructive' part of seeking enlightenment is that the 'seeker' would have to collapse.

When someone becomes enlightened, can he still enjoy life, start a family and play with materialism?

Can he still live a life without depression?

Me on the road less traveled.

14 minutes ago, The Don said:

When someone becomes enlightened, can he still enjoy life, start a family and play with materialism?

@The Don It's all just form at play. Nothing to get hung up about.:)

@MTR Many people seek "enlightenment" without ever defining exactly what "enlightenment" actually is. 

It like starting a journey without thinking about where you are going.

Many people think enlightenment is just love and light without understanding the death and darkness that they must pass through. 

23 minutes ago, The Don said:

@The Don According to Tantra, play, social taboos, physical pleasure, etc are to be enjoyed and used as fuel for evolution without attachment. 

After the mastering of the ego, depression is gone BUT one must go through death, darkness and despair prior.