FuriousGeorge

Ladies, what is a good conversation to you

19 posts in this topic

I am mainly interested in conversation within a relationship, what are the types of conversations that you love to have with your partner? I have dated fairly analytical girls in the past and we always had awesome conversation from my perspective. Even emotional conversations were broken down analytically and intellectualized. My girl now doesn’t really enjoy that type of conversation so we lack in that department, but I want to learn to talk to her in a way that she does enjoy. There is almost nothing better than a good conversation ?

I'm not a lady, but it works well for me to use open-ended questions, and if you're on the answering side try to answer more vaguely. The key is to intentionally not be conclusive, because, obviously, a conclusion means the end of the conversation.

Edited by Lento

How long do you want the relationship to last? For...life? If so, both will have to be adjusting in the topics and conversations. You will not be the same person when you're in your 20s, 40s, and above 65. Your interests will change. Be ready for that.

@Lento that makes way too much sense ? I’m always trying to conclude something, never realized the obvious fact that conclusion means end ?

@Key Elements good advise thanks! @Leonora She like to talk about feelings and emotions but I don’t quite get how to talk about that without having to interpret those things into rational language, I seem to have to analyze them in order to talk about them. I guess I’m looking for different perspectives on hope that one of them will click with me

Explore your emotional side with her. Intellect doesn't have a place in emotional realms. Nor do emotions in the dimensions of the intellect..

quote-love-is-the-sea-where-intellect-dr

Edited by Aquarius

@FuriousGeorge Sounds like you're being way too logical with women. Make your conversations much more playful and nonsensical. Like playing with a child. Be childlike! Stop being like a professor.

Learn to swim in both ends of the pool, not just the deep end.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura This rule can be broken though, I've talked about science/philosophy to a 19 year old hottie for 10 mins till she reached sexual hook point.

well it all depends on the mood doesn`t it - so playfull, childlike is nice and deep talk is also nice - although deep talk means not science in the classical sense as if you would have chosen another topic like maths or dinosaurs she would have had to be in a very special mood to reach that point to maybe even identify with you. so you can`t really say it was the scientific part of it.

8 hours ago, FuriousGeorge said:

@Lento that makes way too much sense ? I’m always trying to conclude something, never realized the obvious fact that conclusion means end ?

it`s not that conclusion always means end, it`s only that a conclusion is not a fixed solution, if you would rather handle it as a hypothesis. men tend to want to solve problems for women, what would spare the woman going through the process herself, it is an infantilization process - while funny as it sounds behaving like children takes away the infantilisation, it is not just the speach it is the openness and playfullness of the conversation, which makes room for creativity. much more room for exploration there than to conclude (pre) maturely.

@FuriousGeorge also the emotional part if you don`t understand it yet then try to listen and ask questions until you understand, after a while it might be that you learn her language better.

Edited by remember

1 hour ago, ravlondon said:

@Leo Gura This rule can be broken though, I've talked about science/philosophy to a 19 year old hottie for 10 mins till she reached sexual hook point.

Of course. I said learn to swim in both ends of the pool.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course. I said learn to swim in both ends of the pool.

mhh what`s swimming in the middle?

17 minutes ago, remember said:

It's like flying/flowing I would say.

Edited by Lento

@modmyth thanks! I’ve almost started journaling a few time lately, I’ve had some emotional revelation and thought I should write that down... but then didn’t as it’s gone ??‍♂️

22 hours ago, remember said:

This type of question is exactly what we're trying to point at here :D
You always have to know everything about things, what about the middle huh? Let's pretend middle is a black-hole that launches you in the world of unicorns. How does that sound? :)

4 hours ago, FuriousGeorge said:

@modmyth thanks! I’ve almost started journaling a few time lately, I’ve had some emotional revelation and thought I should write that down... but then didn’t as it’s gone ??‍♂️

that`s because you didn`t fully go into it - so maybe you just sit down and write and maybe the memory will come up by itself. just write down whatever comes in your mind and if it is "i don`t know" for half of a site or even five then let it be that.

5 minutes ago, petar8p said:

This type of question is exactly what we're trying to point at here :D
You always have to know everything about things, what about the middle huh? Let's pretend middle is a black-hole that launches you in the world of unicorns. How does that sound? :)

:)