Raptorsin7

Visualization

12 posts in this topic

I want to practice visualization, but i find it hard to visualize what I want because i don't know what it will look like. For example, I want to visualize my self very happy. But i don't know what it would look like if i were very happy. Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

i don't know what it will look like

This is your problem.

Figure it out, deconstruct what it means for you to be happy. In which environment/context are you? Who is there with you? How is happiness manifesting in your body/experience? What does it smell like? Where are you? How are you dressed? Paint pictures in your mind. The more detailed and diverse, the better.

Happiness is tricky, maybe start with something more simple, for example you desire having meaningful friendships, which will make you happy. You could see yourself in a nice park, relaxing under the sun. You can smell the springy fragrance of grass, you're sitting next to people you feel connected to and at ease with, you're laughing, there are some delicious snacks around that you and your friends made with love, you're listening to chill music, to the wind, to other people cheering in the park, and you notice that a feeling of joy is expanding from your heart, you feel so grateful for being alive and there with those people you love. I don't know, something like that.

Try to be specific and make it as real as possible.

Edited by Waves

@okulele I haven't thought about. Should i focus on the feeling of what I want vs actually picturing what I want?

i only speak for my self here, visualization is great tool for relaxing and dreaming, but reality is something diffrent where good and bad things happens. 

@zeroISinfinity I'm learning meditation from an ex-yogi, we're going to work on clearing the knot in my heart. This guys pretty good, he understands kriya yoga really well and he talks about meditation states in terms of accessing different parts of the brain and clearing chakras. 

I think you experience those heart felt meditation experiences because you opened your 2nd knot/heart knot

I'm not going to get into dating until i heal my trauma and find some peace/happiness

Edited by Raptorsin7

@zeroISinfinity Yeah that's the plan. He said it should be the main focus. I can feel the chakra in my bladder and the spiritual eye along my spine, but nothing in the heart haha

You can manifest anything you want. But the LoA will not allow you to imagine further than where you vibrationally are. In that sense, you don't have control over what you're imagining and visualizing. Instead feel for the resonance with your higher self, with your inner being.