Yamazaki

Had My First Mystical Experience

5 posts in this topic

3 years ago, an LSD trip helped me realize that I was paradigm locked. This eventually led me to Buddhism, which then led me to spirituality. Through watching Leo's videos and consuming other content, I arrived at a pretty robust intellectual understanding of spirituality.

I understood the importance of meditation but continually failed to develop a consistent practice. I did psychedelics (LSD, shrooms, NN DMT, MDMA) a couple of times a year. I learned a lot but never had any sort of mystical experience. A few months ago I went on a 7-day Vipassana retreat, and that pushed me forward and gave me some momentum. All in all, I feel like I have been making incremental progress in personal and spiritual growth throughout the last year.

This last weekend I went on a 3-night ayahuasca retreat. I spent the first night realizing that I know and understand literally nothing. On the second night I got a little taste of the divine, and on the third night I experienced it for a few hours. I finally "got it". Of course, not all of it; only a tiny, minuscule amount. I was hardly able to comprehend or process it at all. But, my entire life was completely recontextualized. Everything is the same as before, but also completely different.

I felt like I won the lottery. I was in total disbelief. It was too good to be true. Yet, I knew it was.

In Hindsight, Leo was the closest thing I had to a teacher. Now I understand what he's trying to do in a way that I couldn't have before. So, I just wanted to say thank you @Leo Gura. You've positively influenced me more than anyone else in my life. You've given me an infinitely divine gift. I'm grateful to be able to continue learning from and supporting you.

Now the true work begins. I still understand close to nothing, but I don't think I'll ever be even close to as lost as I was up until now.

Edited by Yamazaki

@Yamazaki Just wanted to say Welcome to the forum. You'll be a wonderful asset to the community.

@Nahm How to undo "becoming What I really am" It's terrifying man. Any idea how to tranquilize supernova. Would like some Peace and equinimity back. Not possible anymore. Can't even hide laughter in social situations so to speak. 

Yeah "mystic all experience", more like mystic all presence. What I've done.