Nak Khid

Leo, what is your opinion of pantheism?

41 posts in this topic

P A N T H E I S M

Pantheism is the view that everything is God
also may be stated the Universe is God or nature (in the total sense) is God

The concept has been discussed as far back as the time of the "Upanishads" of Vedic Hinduism, and the philosophers of Ancient Greece (including Thales, Parmenides and Heraclitus) as well as in Kabbalistic Judaism. 

Types of Pantheism

Classical Pantheism:
This is the form of pantheism that equates existence with God without attempting to redefine or to minimize either term. It believes in a personal, conscious and omniscient God, and sees this God as uniting all true religions. In many ways, classical pantheism is similar to Monism, in that it views all things, from energy to matter to thought to time, as being aspects of an all-embracing personal god. It is distinguished primarily because of its simplicity and its compatibility and inclusive attitude towards other world faiths. Classical Pantheism is represented by many religious traditions including Hinduism and Kabbalistic Judaism.

Biblical Pantheism:
This form of pantheism (vehemently condemned by many traditional Christians) argues that some pantheistic aspects are expressed in the writings of the Bible. The Biblical equation of God to acts of nature, and the definition of God within the New Testament itself, all provide the basis of appeal to this belief system.

Naturalistic Pantheism:
This is a form of pantheism that holds that the universe, although unconscious and non-sentient as a whole, is nevertheless a meaningful focus for mystical fulfillment. Thus Nature is seen as being God only in a non-traditional, impersonal sense. Critics have alleged that this constitutes an intentional misuse of terminology, and an attempt to justify Atheism (or some kind of spiritual naturalism) by mis-labeling it as pantheism. Naturalistic pantheism is based on the relatively recent views of Baruch Spinoza (who may have been influenced by Biblical Pantheism) and John Toland, as well as contemporary influences.

Pandeism:
This is a kind of naturalistic pantheism, holding that the universe is an unconscious and non-sentient God, but also that God was previously a conscious and sentient force or entity that designed and created the universe. Thus, according to pandeism, God only became an unconscious and nonsentient God by becoming the universe. This is a sort of synthesis of pantheism and Deism.

Panentheism:
This belief has features in common with pantheism, such as the idea that the universe is a part of God, although Panentheism argues that God is greater than nature alone and so the physical universe is just a part of His nature.

Panpsychism is the philosophical view held by many pantheists that consciousness, mind, or soul is a universal feature of all things.Some pantheists also subscribe to the distinct philosophical views hylozoism (or panvitalism), the view that everything is alive, has a soul or spirit.

Edited by Nak Khid

Mu

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

oink

Snow fell from the roof
the sound of its gravity
disappeared below

Edited by Nak Khid

Sūrah Al-Hajj [The Pilgrimage]

Those who believe (in the Qurān) ,

those who follow the Jewish (scriptures),

and the Sabians*, Christians, Magians*, and the Polytheists, -

Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgement:

for Allah is witness of all things. 

Document 27_1.jpg

Allah will be the final Judge♣

Edited by Angelite

20 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Is Allah something sitting on a throne ready to judge?

No. It is not anything like creations. Anything you could have imagined, is not Allah. 

For Allah is the Most High. 

Edited by Angelite

7 minutes ago, Angelite said:

No. It is not anything like creations. Anything you could have imagined, is not Allah. 

For Allah is the Most High. 

How can anything i couldnt imagine judge me. If Allah is most high which cannot be imagined by me judge me? Dont u think Allah most high judging me who is so low based on his high values  little absurd? Then again i dont know Allah is so High.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Please stick to the topic

The topic is pantheism. You are messing up the thread

1 hour ago, Angelite said:

Sūrah Al-Hajj [The Pilgrimage]

...Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgement...

Allah will be the final Judge

It is good for everyone not to project their own definition of judge/Judge/judgement  into Allah's definition of it. Because just the way "Allah" is not anything like creation, so does His "Judgement" is not anything like creation's judgement. 

So does my "judgement" is not anything like your definition of  "judgement". This is applicable in the relative too~

The same thing applied to 

Mercy

Love

High

God

me 

you

do not project your own definition of all these onto someone else's. Both in the relative & the Absolute .

@Nak Khid okay~~

Edited by Angelite

The topic is pantheism. You are messing up the thread

6 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

The topic is pantheism. 

Animism? 

1 minute ago, Angelite said:

Animism? 

I posted the definition, please read it.  

6 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

I posted the definition, please read it.  

What's the difference? I've read your definition. 

Distinction between Animism and  Pantheism

Animism is not the same as pantheism, although the two are sometimes confused. Some religions are both pantheistic and animistic. One of the main differences is that while animists believe everything to be spiritual in nature, they do not necessarily see the spiritual nature of everything in existence as being united (monism), the way pantheists do. As a result, animism puts more emphasis on the uniqueness of each individual soul. In pantheism, everything shares the same spiritual essence, rather than having distinct spirits and/or souls.

Examples of Animism

Mun (also called Munism or Bongthingism) is the traditional polytheistic, animist, shamanistic, and syncretic religion of the Lepcha people.

Shinto (including the Ryukyuan religion) is the traditional Japanese folk religion and has many animist aspects.

Korean shamanism, similar to Shinto, has many animist aspects.

The traditional African religions are the religious traditions of Sub-Saharan Africa, which are basically a complex form of animism with polytheistic and shamanistic elements and ancestor worship.

The traditional Berber religion and the pre-Islamic Arab religion are the traditional polytheistic, animist, and in some rare cases, shamanistic, religions of the Berber and Arabic people.

Dravidian folk religion, the traditional animist, polytheistic and partially shamanistic folk religion of the Dravidian people before the introduction of Hinduism or Buddhism.

Some Neopagan groups, including Eco-pagans, describe themselves as animists, meaning that they respect the diverse community of living beings and spirits with whom humans share the world/cosmos.

The Kalash people of Northern Pakistan follow an ancient animistic religion.

@Nak Khid

52 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Distinction between Animism and  Pantheism

Animism is not the same as pantheism, although the two are sometimes confused. Some religions are both pantheistic and animistic. One of the main differences is that while animists believe everything to be spiritual in nature, they do not necessarily see the spiritual nature of everything in existence as being united (monism), the way pantheists do. As a result, animism puts more emphasis on the uniqueness of each individual soul. In pantheism, everything shares the same spiritual essence, rather than having distinct spirits and/or souls.

I believe there are two "reality" for each creations. They are not God, but God controls all. There is God behind every creations. 

For example, I know when it is Ego & when it is God. What am I then? Animist or Pantheist? 

I recognized the individual soul. I recognized the God who controls all. But the individual soul are not equal to the other individual soul.

And "God" is not equal to the "souls" either. 

Edited by Angelite

Please stay on topic. The topic is not Animism and Polytheism.

The topic is pantheism and the different types of it which I have described earlier in third post from the top

Edited by Nak Khid

The way I see it, it's just a different language. Everything that you've wrote up to now. 

The only thing that it's lacking, is God.