Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,210 posts in this topic

All of spirituality is contained in that one word: Awareness. ~ Mata Amritanandamayi

Proceed on life’s journey with awareness. ~ Mata Amritanandamayi

If I were to summarize it ( Guruma's teachings) into one thing, it would be awareness. How to develop that awareness-insight. I am not referring to awareness at the level of the mind as seen in mountaineers or astronauts. A slip in awareness and the mountaineer can be buried alive under snow or the astronaut blasted away from his ship. But that awareness does not transform them or cause them to disassociate from the mind and its functions. To be an observer is to be totally neutral and to be a witness. And somewhere, I would add, the awareness of who I am, or what the truth is.  ~ Anandamurti Gurumaa

How to do meditation, many people ask me. Don't do anything, to just go into thoughtless awareness. Try to go to the thoughtless awareness. If you can get into that condition of thoughtless awareness you've done your job, because that's the point where you are with the truth, with the reality, with the joy, with everything that is so fundamental. ~ Nirmala Devi

When you are in thoughtless awareness, you must know that you are in the kingdom of God and His people, His arrangements, His consciousness, is going to look after you. ~ Nirmala Devi

Awareness is the background for all of our experiences, and yet in our ordinary day-to-day lives, it is often obscured by habituated thoughts and emotions. Most teaching and meditation practices are designed to cut through this habituated seeing into the Background of Awareness which is our innate nature and which is, in and of itself, Clear Seeing. ~ Metta Zetty

Awareness is the constant
throughout all experience.

Recognizing this is the key
to abiding Satisfaction. ~ Metta Zetty

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

"Imagination, imagining is like touching around yourself on a dark path or washing your eyes with blood. 

You are the Truth from head to toe!

So what else would you want to know?" 

-- Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī, Sufi poet, theologian and mystic etc. 

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

"There is no peace of mind, there is peace or mind" Osho

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

f6wf9fjwa2n61.jpg

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

If the truth is silent, but everyone listens to the loudest man in the room, they will all be fooled. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

from-a-mind-filled-with-infinite-love-comes-the-power-to-create-infinite-possibilities-we-have-the-quote-1.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8926c380446f19d752778e3d6a5f0bc1.jpg

God is love

And God in them

FB_IMG_1619904270013.jpg

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

9757f2f62c75ec2f312f592f4976f197.jpg

God is love

And God in them

Since the beginning of time, spirituality and religion have been called to fill in the gaps that science did not understand. - Dan Brown

What you seek is seeking you - Rumi

The man who can reform himself, can reform the world. - Paramahansa Yogananda

I only know that I know nothing - Socrates

Words reduce reality to something the human mind can grasp, which isn't very much - Eckhart Tolle

Amazing show, not to watch if you're sad/depressed ?

aBm6erN_700b.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Beauty surrounds you because you create it.

10 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Screenshot_20210518-043608~2.png

:x

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.