Enlightenment Quotes

1,210 posts in this topic

Self-awareness is yoga. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

The great perfection is non-conceptual awareness. ~ Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. ~ Eckhart Tolle

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost. ~ Buddha AN 10.1

When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always. ~ Swami Satchidananda

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the mind. ~ Rajini Menon

FB_IMG_1610682300021.jpg

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Thought alone, when it is no longer connected with the much vaster realm of consciousness, quickly becomes barren, insane, destructive. ~ Eckhart Tolle

When scientific or rational thinking is grounded in presence it has a completely different outcome. It can never be monstrous. ~ Jean Klein

Screenshot_20210121-191939_Instagram.jpg

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

"Life is a waterfall, we're one in the river and one again after the fall. Swimming through the void we hear the word, we lose ourselves but we find it all." - Aerials, System of a Down

"Time is infinity filtered by thought. Space is infinity filtered through perception." - Rupert Spira

"Heaven is not a place nor a condition. It is merely an awareness of perfect Oneness, and the knowledge that there is nothing else." - A Course in Miracles

"The more you identify with your mind, the further away you are from Your Self." - Sadhguru

"Enlightenment doesn't wake you up from the dream, it shows you who the dreamer is." - A Course In Miracles

"You are at home in God, dreaming of exile but perfectly capable of awakening to reality." - A Course In Miracles

"Only Love is real." - A Course In Miracles

"Individual consciousness is only a manifestation of a unitary consciousness pervading the universe." - Erwin Schrödinger (supposedly)

And my personal favorite:

1612340769061.png

- Tofu Chan

“The pollution of the planet is only an outward reflection of an inner psychic pollution: millions of unconscious individuals not taking responsibility for their inner space.” ~ Eckhart Tolle

I don’t want to tell anyone how much water they should use or shouldn’t use. But whatever you do – make it as conscious as possible. If you become conscious, you will only use as much as you need to. This will make a world of difference. Right now, we are behaving as if we’re the last generation on the planet. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

When you live consciously, your response to situation that arise will be agile and appropriate. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

"The challenge of Awakening is recognizing no one was asleep"

-- VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You don't want to accept the ordinary. It's like: "This can't be it. Is this all there is to it?" That's what keeps you from recognising what it is - the expectation that it is not this, but it's over there somewhere, it's going to get better, brighter - whatever the expectations are, whatever you have been conjuring up in your mind.

When you walk through a forest that has not been tamed and interfered with by man, you will see not only abundant life all around you, but you will also encounter fallen trees and decaying trunks, rotting leaves and decomposing matter at every step. Wherever you look, you will find death as well as life. Upon closer scrutiny, however, you will discover that the decomposing tree trunk and rotting leaves not only give birth to new life, but are full of life themselves. Microorganisms are at work. Molecules are rearranging themselves. So death isn't to be found anywhere. There is only the metamorphosis of life forms. What can you learn from this? Death is not the opposite of life. Life has no opposite. The opposite of death is birth. Life is eternal.

"Any attempt to change how things are, is just more 'how things are'." - Me. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

8 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

"Any attempt to change how things are, is just more 'how things are'." - Me.