Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,210 posts in this topic

This place is a dream.
Only a sleeper considers it real.

Then death comes like dawn,
and you wake up laughing
at what you thought was your grief.

But there's a difference with this dream.
Everything cruel and unconscious
done in the illusion of the present world,
all that does not fade away at the death-waking.

It stays,
and it must be interpreted.

All the mean laughing,
all the quick, sexual wanting,
those torn coats of Joseph,
they change into powerful wolves
that you must face.

The retaliation that sometimes comes now,
the swift, payback hit,
is just a boy's game
to what the other will be.

You know about circumcision here.
It's full castration there!

And this groggy time we live,
this is what it's like:

A man goes to sleep in the town
where he has always lived, and he dreams he's living
in another town.

In the dream, he doesn't remember
the town he's sleeping in his bed in. He believes
the reality of the dream town.

The world is that kind of sleep.

The dust of many crumbled cities
settles over us like a forgetful doze,
but we are older than those cities.

We began
as a mineral. We emerged into plant life
and into animal state, and then into being human,
and always we have forgotten our former states,
except in early spring when we slightly recall
being green again.
That's how a young person turns
toward a teacher. That's how a baby leans
toward the breast, without knowing the secret
of its desire, yet turning instinctively.

Humankind is being led along an evolving course,
through this migration of intelligences,
and though we seem to be sleeping,
there is an inner wakefulness
that directs the dream,

and that will eventually startle us back
to the truth of who we are.

RUMI

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

“ the more I deepen my breath of experience the more I find out all I can be is Loved . “

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

"Life and death are friends. They exist through each other, they contribute to the other. Without the other, they would not be there at all. Can life exist without death? Man has been dreaming for ever

and ever how to destroy death. This is the attitude of the mind, the linear mind, the logical mind – how to destroy death. The logical mind says: If there is no death, there will be life in abundance - simple logic! Even a child can understand the arithmetic: if there is no death, there will be more life. But I say to you: If there is no death, there will be no life."

OSHO

"A person who has never lived in society cannot know the ecstasy of loneliness. A person who is born in a lonely place, is brought up in lonely place, do you think he will be ecstatic? You think he will enjoy the loneliness? He will simply go dull and stupid.

Go to the hills, go to the Himalayas. People are living there – they have lived there for thousands of years, they are born there – but however much you feel the beauty of the Himalayas, they can’t feel it. However much you enjoy the silence there, they cannot enjoy it. They are not even aware that the silence exists. When they come to the cities, they feel a thrill – the same thrill as you feel when you go to the hills. People living in Bombay, London and New York feel the thrill when they go to the Himalayas. People living in the Himalayas, when they can come to Bombay, New York or London, then feel how beautiful the world is.

The opposite is needed to feel – it becomes a contrast. The day is beautiful because there is night. Life has such joy because there is death. Love becomes an inner dance because there is hate.

Love leads you to a high peak of consciousness, because love can be lost! It is nothing that you can rely on. This moment it is there and the next moment it is not. The possibility of its absence gives depth to its presence."

OSHO

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

"Be. Don’t try to become. Within these two words, be and becoming, your whole life is contained. Being is enlightenment, becoming is ignorance"  -- Osho

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

FB_IMG_1588366655122.jpg

??

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Nisargadatta Maharaj

It is a very complicated riddle. You have to discard whatever you know, whatever you have read, and have a firm conviction about That about which nobody knows anything. You can't get any information about That, and about That you must have firm conviction. How difficult it is.

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Needing nothing, I am unafraid. Whom to be afraid of? There is no separation, we are not separate selves. There is only one Self, the Supreme Reality, in which the personal and the impersonal are one.

Nisargadatta Maharaj

It is in the nature of desire to prompt the mind to create a world for its fulfilment. Even a small desire can start a long line of action; what about a strong desire? Desire can produce a universe; its powers are miraculous.

Love Is The Answer

Lose yourself in the music, the moment, just let it flow flow flow. Don't worry about figuring out the magic trick. It will ruin the show. You are the Magic my love, you are the magic. You are all of the doing which is done. 

Love Is The Answer

backwards this read to time the took actually you

If I tell you that you're the witness and always have been... Then what's left to be done? 
Well, whatever it may be, it will be done, like it always have been... & it's The Doing that does whatever's to be done.

Love Is The Answer

FB_IMG_1589070526825.jpg

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

20200511_143215.jpg

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1  xD haha, I chuckled at that. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

"All Avatars, Muktas, Gods, Buddhas, Saints, Arhats etc.,can never equal this Holy Moment of Awareness Now!"

"If it is not Here, it is nowhere.If it is not N0w, it is never"

TushnimevAsanam SnAnam."Abidance in inner silence alone is the holy bath."

"All project a world of their own. Humans, animals, insects, a "super intelligent alien" etc. The common place is Reality"

" The pathless path to the gateless gate is riddled with Mines placed by the Mind" -- VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Silence contains all sounds. All sounds are created from Silence and return to the Silence. All sounds are the modulation of the underlying Silence. Silence is unborn. Silence contains infinite potential. Silence is eternal. #ZeroIsInfinity #AllinOne #NothingIsEverything

6ed005c3b3dbd6ca-sound-wave-gifs-wifflegif.gif

Love Is The Answer

The search for enlightenment... the search for your true-nature via the mind is like reading a book to find the reader. The book has no end... as you finish one, there's another one to read... This book, called SearchBook, has endless volumes. You are reading the book to find the reader of the book... read that again. The search for enlightenment via the mind is like reading a book to find the reader! The reader can never be found in the book! YOU are the reader! Drop the SearchBook and pick-up the keys to the car of your life :) YOU are already IT. The moment you realize the futility in reading further to find the reader is the moment you stop reading. Let that be NOW.

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer

"There exists an idea such that if it's fed into your mind, it will destroy you. You might wonder what would that idea be... It's not necessarily just as simple as one specific idea, rather the way it really works in reality is that there can be some level or some realization your mind can reach where it realizes that it itself never really existed. When the mind realizes this - it leads it to a meta-understanding of itself, and the entire thing collapses.

That's enlightenment."

- Leo Gura

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer