Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,212 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, SoonHei said:

We are NOT the seer, the hearer, the feeler, the toucher... We are the Seeing, the Hearing, the Feeling, the Touching.

Thank you for the insightful quotes, love reading and contemplating on them :)

You can't out think the thought stream, or wake up who you think you are.

---------

What am I?
I am ..  my remembered past, my imagined future, and the felt sense of being little (or big!) me!
Unless I claims this (life) as mine .. as my life and happening to me .. then there really is no knowing.  No knowing what I am, what you are or what is happening.
As this ..  just this, there is no me and my life .. or you and yours.  Just this ..  amazing,  beautiful, wild and free, incredible ordinary life.  <3

----------

The grip is the chaos. Allow the bad to play out with the touch of Gods awareness it will let go and transform to good.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

"So the whole point about the message is pointing out what it's being directed at. The message isn't being directed at you, nor is it coming from me.  The message is being directed at what we are, not who we think we are.  As Huang Po, a great Zen master said: 

"Whatever can be perceived can not be perceiving." 

So the message about that which is perceiving isn't directed at the perceived, because the perceived isn't what's perceiving. You want the message to go to what is perceiving and it isn't the perceived."

Love Is The Answer

So much struggle, so much suffering all for an imaginary me desperate to save my self!
So funny .. and sad that it all never really happened!
I laughed .. and cried a lot.
And that didn't happen either. 

Love Is The Answer

IMG_20191123_004308.png

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

IMG_20191123_004308.png

Beautiful reminder and it's so true :x

I get asked how this is different just being life .. in comparison to being my life?
It's hard to say really.  I have to try to remember how it was.  It's exactly the same and totally different!  I know that doesn't make sense, but that's how it feels.  Life is definitely easier .. lighter .. simpler.. 
I guess there is more compassion, but less "caring" in a sentimental way.  More love, but much less attachment.  More intense joy, but more raw sadness too.   More empathy, but less or no desire to act upon it.  Morality is dead and in its place an easy natural compassion that isnt about getting it right.  Hardly any guilt, shame or blame if it does appear it passes hardly noticed.  Little or no anxiety about what is to come, and no regret (or pride) about what has passed. 

Having said all that there is a natural reluctance to say what's different "before and after" as it's obvious that there is no before and after.  And there is a 'danger' that this is heard as some nirvana, or as entering the kingdom of heaven and acts as more fuel for the seeking.  

The seeming differences I've spoken of are only seeming differences .. this is always just as it is .. with or without the illusion of this being mine and happening to me.
So life is simply just how it is, it's just not my life, and it's just not yours.

Love Is The Answer

The body by itself is inert. It's a piece of dead flesh. The body by itself can do nothing it is just flesh and bone. It is the creative intelligence that moves the body. The creative intelligence makes the body move like a puppet. Yet most of us believe that if we have creative intelligence that is good. It's only another name for your mind. Even though it seems to create wonderful things. All of the great artists, the great musicians, the great philosophers have used creative intelligence. Yet it hinders you from awakening. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being a great musician, a great artist, a great philosopher or whatever you do. But the truth is, it is not the Self. The knot must be broken. When the knot is broken the Self shines forth as itself.

And the way you break this knot or one of the ways is through self-inquiry. Just because you are creating something wonderful, say you're Einstein, you're working on the theory of relativity. As far as the human race is concerned we consider Einstein a genius. He used creative intelligence to discover many wonderful things through mathematics. Yet what good does this do the world. It may appear to advance the world a notch but it really builds up the ego. The question Einstein should have asked himself is, "Who discovered relativity? To whom does this come? Where did these ideas come from? Who formulated this theory?" and he would have realized that the mind did all this to expand the knowledge of the human race.

See it's all a joke, the joke's on you. All these great inventions, all these great things that have come into this world. The things that you're proud of, the art, the music, everything, is a big joke. Where does it go? What is the ultimate? It goes nowhere. It goes round and round. New generations come along, they use all this knowledge. Then civilizations are wiped out and everything begins again. The wise person begins to understand that the Self is the reality and goes beyond everything. Lets go of creative intelligence, begins to go beyond that by inquiring, "Who am I?" By following the I-thought to the source the knot finally becomes broken like a rubber band the body snaps into the Self. And the body appears to be alive as the body. But to the one that this happens to, something wonderful has transpired. That one has become the universe.

Robert Adams

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer