Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,210 posts in this topic

"Among the great things which are to be found among us, the Being of Nothingness is the greatest."

-- Leonardo Da Vinci.

'Make it a habit to monitor your mental-emotional state through self-observation. "Am I at ease at this moment?" is a good question to ask yourself frequently. Or you can ask: "What's going on inside me at this moment?" Be at least as interested in what's going on inside you as what happens outside. If you get the inside right, the outside will follow.' - Eckhart Tolle

'The pollution on the planet is only an outward reflection of an inner psychic pollution: millions of unconscious individuals not taking responsibility for their inner space.' - Tolle

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

The most beautiful thing you could realize, is that you are inside yourself.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

'Whatever is done lovingly, with righteous purity and with peace of mind, is a good action. Everything which is done with the stain of desire and with agitation filling the mind is classified as a bad action.' - Ramana Maharshi

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

'Spiritual awakening is a remembering. It is not becoming something that we are not. It is not about transforming ourselves. It is not about changing ourselves. It is a remembering of what we are, as if we'd known it long ago and had simply forgotten.' - Adyashanti

'In a true awakening, it is realized very clearly that even the awakening itself is not personal. It is universal Spirit or universal consciousness that wakes up to itself. Rather than the "me" waking up, what we are wakes up from the "me". What we are wakes up from the seeker. What we are wakes up from the seeking.' - Adyashanti

Edited by RickyFitts
typo

"Enlightenment is not a destination to be reached, but a state of being to be cultivated in each moment."

There is a Reality which is Indivisible, One, Alone, the Source and Being of all; not a thing, nor even a mind, but pure Spirit or clear Consciousness; and we are That and nothing but That, for That is our true Nature; and the only way to find It is to look steadily within, where are to be found utmost peace, unfading joy, and eternal life itself. ~ Douglas Harding

We are all more or less ill till we find  by  Self-enquiry our Oneness with everyone else. ~ Douglas Harding

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

"What dies is not true. What's true can never die.
Such is the Peace of God." - Unknown

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

awakening is intimacy with the parts, enlightenment is integration of the whole

awakening is, to be is to know but not conversely (i get to know stuff)

enlightenment is, to know is to be but not conversely (knowing is superfluous)