Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,212 posts in this topic

“It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” - J. fucking Krishnamurti.

9 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

“It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” - J. fucking Krishnamurti.

I was thinking of that quote just yesterday, funnily enough, don't know why.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Natasha Comforting to know ?

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

'Do not seek after what you yearn for, seek after the source of the yearning itself.' - Adyashanti

Jiddu-Krishnamurti-Quotes-%25287%2529.jp

'If as a culture, as a species, we continue to dwell in a divided state of consciousness, no matter what we change on the outside, we will continue to manifest division. But each of us who comes into the natural, simple, undivided state is making a contribution to all beings - without trying, without taking any credit, without even knowing it. When you become undivided in your own consciousness, you become part of the manifestation of unity.' - Adyashanti

'The state of consciousness that a great majority of humanity is in isn't natural. It's altered. We do not need to go looking for altered states of consciousness; humanity is already in an altered state of consciousness called separation. Separation is the ultimate altered state of consciousness.' - Adyashanti

'Be aware of your habits of struggle, of trying to control your experience, but at the same time don't reject or repress those habits. Don't worry about trying to fix them or get rid of them. What frees us is not stopping the struggle, but rather our willingness to allow the struggle.' - Jon Bernie

“It is one great dream dreamed by a single Being, but in such a way that all the
dream characters dream too.”

― Arthur Schopenhauer

Interesting quote from the German philosopher. 

Can dream characters dream too? Something I will have to contemplate. 

9 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

“It is one great dream dreamed by a single Being, but in such a way that all the
dream characters dream too.”

― Arthur Schopenhauer

That's such a great way of distinguishing between the transpersonal Mind and the personal mind.

9 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Can dream characters dream too? Something I will have to contemplate. 

You're having thoughts, feelings and perceptions that I don't have. That is your dream. I'm dreaming a different dream in that respect. But we're also part of a larger dream; the space between the thoughts, behind the feelings and perceptions.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You're having thoughts, feelings and perceptions that I don't have. That is your dream. I'm dreaming a different dream in that respect. But we're also part of a larger dream; the space between the thoughts, behind the feelings and perceptions.

@Carl-Richard Is it your perspective that what we call our waking reality is a shared or larger dream than our nightly dreams while sleeping?

On 6/2/2017 at 4:41 AM, pluto said:

We are already Enlightened we simply created ourselves in this way to come here and play and experiment how it feels to be separated from infinity and see if we can find our way back without having the memory of our divinity activated. This is the magnificent masterpiece we created.

Enjoy

<3

?

Exactly

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Carl-Richard Is it your perspective that what we call our waking reality is a shared or larger dream than our nightly dreams while sleeping?

Waking reality and sleep are both your dreams, happening within a larger dream, like circles within a larger circle.

18 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Waking reality and sleep are both your dreams, happening within a larger dream, like circles within a larger circle.

@Carl-Richard I like your circle analogy. 

What do you feel is the larger dream that my personal waking and sleeping dreams are occurring within? What is dreaming the larger dream? 

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

@Carl-Richard I like your circle analogy. 

What do you feel is the larger dream that my personal waking and sleeping dreams are occurring within? What is dreaming the larger dream? 

Infinite formlessness (spaceless, timeless void). All limited forms (experiential qualities) spring out of that void. Your personal dream is one of the many ways that these qualities manifest themselves within this larger dream. While it may appear from the perspective of your personal dream that certain qualities are off-limits (e.g. you can't experience hidden aspects of others, yourself or the world), this is not a problem for the larger dream, because again, it exists beyond any notion of space and time. It's everything everywhere simultaneously. Space and time is a very general way of talking about how the personal hides from the transpersonal.