Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,210 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2021 at 6:55 PM, BipolarGrowth said:

@BipolarGrowth is it tho? 90 percent confidence and 10 percent direct experience?

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

14 hours ago, oMarcos said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0viKv1RDhak

Leo is caught with ilegal drugs and tries to escape the court

Lmao I knew what video this was before I clicked the link! Classic! Leo escaping his ego.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

"Have you noticed this? How much minds cling to ideas? 
You cling to ideas, your family clings to ideas,
your friends cling to ideas, that's why you argue with them so much.

People on TV, politicians, and religious people,
scientific people, logical people,
they all cling to ideas, they all have pet
theories, and ideologies, why is that?

Could it be because deep down inside the
mind knows that if it's not careful, and it explores the wrong ideas, eventually, it will run into an idea that will kill it? Now there's an idea! There's an idea! 

That might be one of the
first ideas in this chain of ideas that
will ultimately lead to your
self-destruction."

~Leo in 'Metaphysical Implications Of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem'

2 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

@BipolarGrowth is it tho? 90 percent confidence and 10 percent direct experience?

Enlightenment isn’t really definable, but I do see confidence as a huge factor. Not only will a stronger penetration of the illusion make one more sure in most cases, living as if you are enlightened makes you more susceptible to having that experience/life through Law of Attraction, psychology, and maybe other things. 

You also then have to go through examining yourself versus other enlightened people and standards if you’re going to try to be honest with yourself. You eventually will see that as much as an answer your flavor of enlightenment was, you have many places left to grow and improve. There are plenty of other systems which still see you as rather unskillful or even wholly unenlightened. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

6 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Enlightenment isn’t really definable, but I do see confidence as a huge factor. Not only will a stronger penetration of the illusion make one more sure in most cases, living as if you are enlightened makes you more susceptible to having that experience/life through Law of Attraction, psychology, and maybe other things. 

You also then have to go through examining yourself versus other enlightened people and standards if you’re going to try to be honest with yourself. You eventually will see that as much as an answer your flavor of enlightenment was, you have many places left to grow and improve. There are plenty of other systems which still see you as rather unskillful or even wholly unenlightened. 

Ahhh, through the lens of law of attraction, it kind of makes sense to act like it and even draw those experiences. Yeah, continuous evaluation helps too, I guess they all flavours of enlightenment ??

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

"Life itself is only a vision, a dream. Nothing exists save empty space - and you! And you are but a thought." - The Adventures of Mark Twain

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

'In terms of awakening, all that matters is right here and right now. What happened yesterday does not really have much to do with what is happening today. The question isn't, "Have I had an awakening?" The question is, "Is awakening awake right here and right now?"' - Adyashanti

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

On 10/24/2021 at 6:42 PM, RickyFitts said:

'In terms of awakening, all that matters is right here and right now. What happened yesterday does not really have much to do with what is happening today. The question isn't, "Have I had an awakening?" The question is, "Is awakening awake right here and right now?"' - Adyashanti

This reminds me of one of the definitions of enlightenment as awareness being aware of itself.