Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Giulio Bevilacqua

How can i say that i am not the body ?

8 posts in this topic

Most of the spiritual teachings (if not all) says that we are not the body. 

I can I understand that I am not my thoughts because I can clearly see that they are only accumulated stuff from external situations. But how with the body ? Many says that it is an accumulation of food that I have gathered with time. My mind tries do understand how I can not be the body and I think the problem here is the limit of my logic. 

So how to go foward ? 

I mean how can I not be the body ? Why should I not be the body ? 

If I'm not the body I do not exist but I feel that I exist 

You are the body, but not only. You are basically everything (God).

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

"Something you gather can you yours but it can never be you" Sadhguru

8 minutes ago, Neorez said:

"Something you gather can you yours but it can never be you" Sadhguru

Yes fully understand this . But what should I be ? If I am not the body I am nothing but I feel to exist 

What is consciousness and where does it reside? It can't be observed, it can't be located. So you turn to insights and/or conceptualizing to find an answer that you are willing to accept. You can take part of others' concepts or make up your own. At the end of the day it's your illusion to do whatever you want with. If you get an experience of understanding, then you're enlightened, if you absorb others' concepts you are disillusioned or a mere blind follower.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

4 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

pretty much this ^

+1

This leads me only to a conceptual belief . God is just a word for me, in this stage. 

@Giulio Bevilacqua when you dream at night. are you just the person who appears inside of the dream? upon waking, you can understand and intuit that you were not just the person who was walking/talking in the dream, but you were everyone/thing inside of that dream. all of it was you (your mind).

same way. right now, in this "waking state" the ultimate/real you is not just Giulio, it is all - me, Leo, this website. everything.

hear these words as you read them silently in your head.

you aren't that sound which is reading these words.

you are that thing which hears them as they are read. 

that thing is ALL.

that thing  is like the Giulio sleeping on the bed enjoying/watching the dream world during his sleep and yet not inside of the dream-world.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny