BlessedLion

What is it to be Alpha-Male & Conscious

22 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Bridge to Infinity said:

@Shiva

Steve Jobs was very alpha and he did more than what Bill Gates did IMO. Edison was very alpha and he did a whole lot. Einstein, very alpha. Richard Feynman. Its not black and white, I don't think being beta correlates with inventiveness indefinitely, sure you could make the claim that people that tend to be much more withdrawn are people that use their minds more, and that withdrawnness could be called beta.  So sure on average people that are not loud, are withdrawn have a tendency to be more imaginative in their thinking and therefore inventive. 

It is IMO wrong to assume that being withdrawn and beta are one and the same thing. Fundamentally being beta is the playing into your fear and not having courage to confront your fears head on, this is different than withdrawnness, but it playing into your fear tends to manifest as withdrawnness. 

Being beta is being fearful, it is living with low self esteem. 

I couldn't agree more

@Bridge to Infinity

26 minutes ago, Bridge to Infinity said:

@Shiva

Steve Jobs was very alpha and he did more than what Bill Gates did IMO. Edison was very alpha and he did a whole lot. Einstein, very alpha. Richard Feynman. Its not black and white, I don't think being beta correlates with inventiveness indefinitely, sure you could make the claim that people that tend to be much more withdrawn are people that use their minds more, and that withdrawnness could be called beta.  So sure on average people that are not loud, are withdrawn have a tendency to be more imaginative in their thinking and therefore inventive. 

It is IMO wrong to assume that being withdrawn and beta are one and the same thing. Fundamentally being beta is the playing into your fear and not having courage to confront your fears head on, this is different than withdrawnness, but it playing into your fear tends to manifest as withdrawnness. 

Being beta is being fearful, it is living with low self esteem. 

You misinterpreted my message.

My point is that alpha or beta doesn't need to determine what you can achieve in life. They have their individual strengths and weaknesses. 

If you are not a natural born alpha, you shouldn't take that on as a limiting belief. There are lots of examples of people who definitely were not your stereotypical alpha male and still achieved remarkable things.

Knowing is not enough. We must apply.
Willing is not enough. We must do.