Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flowerfaeiry

Has anyone ever given up?

9 posts in this topic

I’ve been realizing that I have spent my entire self-help “career” taking on others’ teachings blindly. 

My parents have always kinda been into this sort of stuff and I just took it on without thinking twice about it.

Im at a sort of cross roads now, actually. Realizing this recently, I’m second guessing if I even want to be doing this work, as I’m suffering so much and I’m tired of not fitting in and everything is just horrible. 

I guess in a way I feel I’ve seen too much, and now there’s no going back. But I’ve been having inkings that maybe I do want to give up, and live a normal life, no more of this seeking. 

Ignorance is bliss, I guess. 

"You Create Magic" 

Yes I've even failed at giving up before Haha I've surprised meself as to how far down rock bottom really is 

Hey there Flower,

It seems as though you are ignoring something emotionally difficult in your life and you are suffering because of it. Here's my advice.

First things first, you need to release, perhaps go for a long walk, call up a friend or just lie down and cathartically cry <3. You need to let go of that pressure inside you and practice a bit of self love. This is life and we all die sooner or later so nothing really matters in the end, you can let go of all that insurmountable stress and just choose to be present.

Secondly, you need to deeply introspect and start looking within for your answers. Getting advice from this forum and your parents or a teacher is great but now you are being called to the hero's journey which requires your inner voice. The answers are within and you need to prove that to yourself by asking those deep and lacerating questions. Go back and watch Leo's questions video I think it will help :)

Finally, going back to my very first line, you are experiencing an avoidance of emotional difficulty. There is most likely something in your life right now you are avoiding. Because you are a sensitive and attuned person you can feel your heart eating itself inside out. That is ultimately a good thing. Follow the scent of that pain and fear and it will lead you to a particular action you need to take.

I want you to know everyone feels this way and it can feel crippling and almost impossible. However, this is your only obstacle in life. Just getting over this emotional difficulty learning to work through it. You still trust your mind too much so continue meditating and you will realise all this turmoil is really a big lie. Be the adult to your childish mind and push through doing what you need to do. If you can do that, if you are strong enough which 99% of people aren't you will do amazing things <3

Sending heaps of love and compassion.

I hope you find your way.

Start asking those questions.

@Flowerfaeiry You need to find a way to do this work so that it feels organic and at least somewhat enjoyable to do.

Don't turn this into a chore.

The point of seeking truth is because you genuinely care about it.

Don't forget that living "ordinary life" is horrible in itself. Going back into ignorance is not going to be the bliss you imagine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Flowerfaeiry You need to find a way to do this work so that it feels organic and at least somewhat enjoyable to do.

Don't turn this into a chore.

The point of seeking truth is because you genuinely care about it.

Don't forget that living "ordinary life" is horrible in itself. Going back into ignorance is not going to be the bliss you imagine.

Thank you, this comment feels like a breath of fresh air

"You Create Magic" 

9 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I’ve been realizing that I have spent my entire self-help “career” taking on others’ teachings blindly. 

My parents have always kinda been into this sort of stuff and I just took it on without thinking twice about it.

Im at a sort of cross roads now, actually. Realizing this recently, I’m second guessing if I even want to be doing this work, as I’m suffering so much and I’m tired of not fitting in and everything is just horrible. 

I guess in a way I feel I’ve seen too much, and now there’s no going back. But I’ve been having inkings that maybe I do want to give up, and live a normal life, no more of this seeking. 

Ignorance is bliss, I guess. 

The relief you imagine you would feel when you give up is actually pointing you towards something greater.

Awakening is all about this giving up.
Giving up suffering... giving up ego... giving up the ideas you have of what life is or should be... giving up all lack beliefs so that only abundance remains.
But also... giving up this idea of a self that needs help. You don't have to be the one that's in charge all the time.

So in other words...
Give up!

Give up that ego that thinks it has to follow some boring paved out self help career and start to really live in the moment. It doesn't mean you won't grow as a human being. On the contrary. It simply means you'll shift towards a more intuitive based way of living. Where you won't know the answers all the time, but that's fine. They'll be there when you need them. And you'll gain trust in that. Joy.

Don't feel guilty for feeling this desire to give up. It's actually a sign that you're ready for the next step. Try to sit with that feeling completely, to really, really, let go, and then see where that takes you. Be free of it. Be yourself. Whatever that may be. :D

@DoubleYou I’ve been thinking about that too! But then I worry, I don’t want to lose everything I’ve worked for! So it’s kind of a two sided deal, I both want to give up and don’t want to haha. But I really have been trying to work with this idea of just letting go of all the ideas I have about myself, total transformation is upon me.

"You Create Magic"