Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

I seriously don't see the point in doing practices to Awaken if you have work, family

12 posts in this topic

If you have working on putting a career, or you are going to have a kid...etc.

I seriously don't see the point in trying to awaken.

I do see the point in just becoming more conscious, since a lot of your neurotic and selfish behaviour gets away as you get more conscious.

But what about being really awake ? Because you can be really awake. It's not a very difficult thing. The difficulty thing is maintaining that state since your ego has a total plan ahead of life to keep working on. 

For example I am a 24 years old guy, I am working on getting a dev job in the industry (in the future being an entrepreneur also excites me), and also trying to actualize to finally fix my social habilitaties, etc (I just want to have some sex before enlightenment to be honest lol) 

But this weekend I got really awake. Not a full enlighment because if it would have been that I wouldn't be writing this. I'll be enjoying non duality, but a serious fucking shocking beautiful mindfuck, since yesterday I've been soooo shocked about how all my life has been a story.

I got so much work in front of me in the conceptual world, but my heart , for what it has seen, what it wants it just to let go of everything and stay in silence just admiring how blind I've been. And of course live now from that position, from a position far from being driving in the front seat, but rather in the back seat (I hope this metaphor gets understood)

But I won't, this state of so much awareness I am probably will be faded because I am going to let my internal monolog gets increased and attach to it since I gotta do a bunch of material stuff so my ego can develop itself.  

So I am not sad, what it happened this weekend will probably accelerate the cure of my neurosis and anxieties, but to be honest, when you have touched the sweetest thing, it feels like a treason to go back to material world.

To summarize, I don't see enlightenment or a high level state of consciousness regular to be difficult to achieve, but because people really are attached (and want to) to its goals and material lives, you are just going to go back to ego. At least this is my experience and now I understand more why so little people are awakened 24/7. You have to say good bye to any ego desires you wanted and that seems...wow, radical. (Even though you have saw ego is a concept) I guess you have to see it more a more times to actually one day finally let go without any doubt ;)

Edited by Javfly33

I'm interested in this question as well. I got a few glimpses of enlightenment, and stopped pursuing it ever since. Because of what being totally without ego actually entails. Because I cannot see how I could make it work without going full monk mode total retreat from society. Forgetfulness and ego backlashes are powerful and it requires constant attention to maintain the state. And I wanna live my life, I'm gonna be dead pretty soon anyway and then I'll have all the time in the world to be enlightened. Hoping someone can shed some light here.

It's fully possible to carve out space, while having a very busy even chaotic life. In fact, having all that chaos will make you want that peace more than anything. The trap of materialism is not the desire for things and experiences, it's also the belief that in choosing not to have them you can trade or buy for yourself some higher state. It's the belief that some circumstance will make you happy. It makes no difference if that circumstance is some low level pleasure, a life or environment conducive to meditation or enlightenment itself. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Awakening is living while conscious of True Nature, regardless of your responsibilities. It's about what you are first. What you do is a consequence.

For me, Awakening was the main motivation to build a family.

unborn Truth

Thats basically fulltime karma yoga anyways, people think spiritually means sitting in Nepal in a cave, nah

Because you can be really awake. It's not a very difficult thing.

I think for most of the people it's not the case.

And of course live now from that position, from a position far from being driving in the front seat, but rather in the back seat (I hope this metaphor gets understood)

Could be that full awakening is not a driving from the back seat but something like a hybrid mode (driving from the front and back seat simultaneously)?

I am not sure about enlightenment but a few mystical experiences had helped me in relationship with my wife (and other people) tremendously. After these experiences you become more loving and have more empathy to the people. Not a bad things for relationship, family, career, right?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

49 minutes ago, Shiva said:

There is no point. Awakening is beyond your personal gain. Awakening is about realizing what you truly are, not about getting something.

You have to be wise enough to see that it's going to be worthwhile. If you are naturally longing to know what and why existence is, your best chance of knowing is to do the practises.

If you cannot see the value of realizing your true nature then don't pursue it. There nothing wrong with not pursuing awakening.

Just note that if you don't, you will most certainly die never having figured out what this life was all about... which is also fine, just very unfortunate if you were really curious...

You can't know what your true nature is, all that your mind will come up with, will be a delusion/self arbitrary reflection;

no awakening, no enlightment, no no mind, no nothing, no nonothing. ( those are truth )

I m litteral here, there is no linear growth, all humans evolve no matter what they do or think, evolve in bad or good way, arbitrary anyway.

You already are awake!

The practices are just your way of reminding you that.

The work you do spiritually does not have to interfere with your materialistic pursuits.  

All you have to do is think in a transcendent way.  The internet brought the world a wave of enlightenment without knowing or intending...Instead those that were in power had power in mind, those with the money just wanted to make as much money as possible regardless of the cost... imagine if those that created the technology were more awaken?   

I am doing something I love and raise consciousness in the people I serve, its on a city scale...I earn a good living that I am proud of but i havent scaled to the world but I am trying and thinking of ways all the time...and I have my own family to take care of.  Its not binary and it doesnt have to be one or the other.... however it takes a lot more creativity and guts to create a life you want live on your own terms....   

At 24 you are still a young person and still on your path don't separate and limit any possibility you may possess.  

Edited by Tanz

@Javfly33 You haven't suffered enough yet. But don't worry it'll come to you, especially now that you already got a glimpse of it at such a young age. Life will at some point give you two options: To suffer or to be at peace. 

I completely understand your point of view and you have to play your things over and over again. Sooner or later you'll come to a point when you can see that the external things wont bring you the joy.

Enjoy while it lasts! ?