7thLetter

Slight ringing in my ears after starting a kundalini yoga practice?

15 posts in this topic

Ever since I started a Kundalini yoga practice at a nearby yoga studio, I started noticing some slight, constant ringing in my ears. It’s been almost two-weeks now but I noticed it only a couple days after starting the practice. It sounds like what you hear when you turn on a TV from the early 2000s, and the screen is pitch black. This hasn’t stopped since.

Why does this happen?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

You are hearing within your mind OM (AUM) the primordial vibration of the universe! It can actually get annoying, lol. (You don't need to do Kundalini yoga tho to hear it)

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

This is a wonderful spiritual gift, appreciate with wisdom,but It's normal and you'll have to get used to it. From now on you ,will have to become the object of your meditation. Listen to this sound until you identify with it perfectly. When there is no difference between the listener and the sound, observe with lucidity how everything turns into absolute silence and you remain its witness. Then try to do this outside the time when you are not meditating.

AUM ??

Yeah sounds like Tinnitus. I have that too and it's beyond madness to NEVER EVER be able to appreciate silence/stillness. 

There's having tinnitus ... and then there's hearing Om (Aum). The calmer and more peaceful your mind the louder OM can get...if not calm/peaceful, but actually agitated or upset "OM" can completely disappear.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Tao-izm @dalink Could be. But for me its more of a peaceful, silent static noise coming from a blank TV. Its not irritating or annoying at all. And rather than coming from my ears it seems more like its coming from my mind. I’m in my 20s, tinnitus seems more like it comes with old age. And I haven’t had any exposure to any loud noise recently. Overall health is good. I noticed it as soon as I was done a yoga class.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Everyone has a certain level of mental background noise. The yoga may have raised your awareness. If it’s just a slight background you find peaceful, you are fortunate. 

So Tinnitus is a physical sound and not sure of the cure. The kundalini sound is clearly not physical, feels closer to mental than physical but not mental either, and its associated with non physical vibration. 

With the kundalini sound, if you focus very intensely on it, you can get an ecstasy feeling. 

If its bothering you, I would encourage you to just focus very intensely on it, until you have a kundalini awakening. Its very similar to how you need to masturbate if you cannot hold the sexual feeling. 

Just go very hard core with focusing on it, let go completely and see what happens. Once the kundalini awakening is other you wont be bothered by it anymore, things will settle. 

Edited by electroBeam

It will pass. The higher your vibration, the higher the frequency/pitch, i love when it rings very high, its so blissfull <3

Don't think about it, you'll get used to it, its not disturbing at all. I Enjoy it.

B R E A T H E

I tell you from the direct experience of this sound, which is definitely not a medical problem. The first time I heard it was in the early years of spiritual practice, 20 years ago. Then I was a little scared and it really annoyed me, wanting me to stop. In the meantime it disappeared as it appeared, suddenly . But two years ago, during a meditation, it suddenly appeared and has not disappeared since then. I recognized him as being identical to the sound of the past and I now understood what his role was and I began to use it as an object of meditation, giving up any other form of meditation we practiced before. After two years of continuous awareness of this high vibration frequency, everything has become so normal. I wake up with him and fall asleep with him, being present throughout the day. I am constantly aware of him and attentive / focused without any effort noticing even the fine frequency modulations that appear, regardless of the actions I do.It's like being “high “all the time ,blissfull and peacefull.❤️?

Same thing happened to me when I started meditating. It's gone away since but it lasted for a long time.

After i increased the time of my meditation i noticed that i have ringing in my ears and it was interesting because i though i had more awareness and im meditating better(which was the case i think). Few days ago I started experimenting with Modafinil and two weeks ago i tried 0.8 mushrooms which it may or not be related but since then i think my meditation got better and now I have ringing in my ears all the time. It doesn't bother me and it feels nice actually. So last night I tried to focus on the sound  more and see whats going on, after few minutes the sound got stronger and stronger and its like i was on that mushroom trip again, i experienced that feeling of the present moment and the beauty of it! Us the sound got louder and deeper I got afraid  and uncomfortable and like something  snapped and i got out of that trance(it was the same with the mushroom trip when i realized that im still afraid to dig deeper and experience with stronger dose). I was so happy that i had the present moment again but i didn't know how much it last, maybe one minute or maybe 20 min, next time i will set a timer. 

Also this may or not be connected, few days ago I focused on the sound while trying to get a nap I was on Modafinil again, it was wearing off , and I had OBE again for the second time that week, which i didnt have for 6-7 years . It lasted short, but for the first time i was conscious and excited  for it, not afraid like before

I don't know how all this is connected but i wanted to share my story of ringing ears heheehe

I red on another thread someone wrote that the noise might be wrong diet and neck problems so im working on that too and I will see what will turn out to be :D :D 

Any thoughts? Advise? 

<3