Swagala

I sometimes feel like people are already conscious

15 posts in this topic

I've been doing spiritual/conscious work for a little over 3 years now and feel like I've made great progress, whatever progress in this work really means. For me, I started spiritual work because I had social anxiety which lead to depression. And if I'm being honest, sometimes I catch myself thinking about how much better or well off I am (my social and financial life is total garbo though lol) than most people because I'm in this spiritual path. When I find myself looking at people, I'm aware of my ego getting butthurt by the fact that people seem okay with where they're at. They seem like they already know what's going on. It's like they have this innate knowing of what reality is and what their purpose is, they have no need to question anything. And because of those thoughts, I feel like instead of "being ahead" of the unconscious people around me, I'm actually trying to catch up to them because it seems like they're the ones more at peace and fully conscious while I'm the fool who's completely lost and confused. I already "know" that the "fact" is that most people are unconscious. I quoted know and fact because I don't actually know and don't know if it's actually a fact or true. Sometimes I look back at the times when Leo talks about how "99% of human being that have ever lived are unconscious" and start to doubt it whenever I have these moments.

I got nothing.

1 hour ago, Swagala said:

When I find myself looking at people, I'm aware of my ego getting butthurt by the fact that people seem okay with where they're at. 

Ignorance is bliss :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I get this all the time. I often wonder why other people aren't doing this work. It's very frustrating because I feel jealous of how they can go through life without the thirst for something deeper; they seem happy to play the rat race/social hierarchy games and think theres no problem with it.

Does this path bring about its own set of fears and anxieties, perhaps deeper than that of someone who is completely asleep and not aware of much outside their small life? I think so. 

@Swagala We don't know anything about a person just by looking at the surface behaviours.

Most people wear a mask, but they also have an inner life. Their inner life may not be fully acknowledged, so they keep their potential silent because the mask seems to work for them.

It's only when things go wrong for people or they genuinely discover that they don't find fulfilment in external objects do they start to question their conditioning.

You will find that most who seek spiritual growth never got fully into the rat race, and so felt the suffering much more acutely and were forced to confront the pain of being outside of the "winners" circle of society but not fully spiritually developed.

You're in a strong position because at least you're aware of the mess. Most people aren't. Denial works 

1 hour ago, PlayOnWords said:

I get this all the time. I often wonder why other people aren't doing this work. It's very frustrating because I feel jealous of how they can go through life without the thirst for something deeper; they seem happy to play the rat race/social hierarchy games and think theres no problem with it.

Does this path bring about its own set of fears and anxieties, perhaps deeper than that of someone who is completely asleep and not aware of much outside their small life? I think so. 

Social hierarchy games are actually really intoxicating when you don't question it. Climbing your way to the top is a fun sport because of the pleasurable anticipation and pseudo high people get when they achieve something they wanted. It takes a lot of narcissism to not understand that by winning you're also creating losers. People generally are conditioned to not look at the harm they cause by being part of a capitalist society. Most people haven't really developed a conscience because conscience can create negative feelings and show you the futility of that game. 

This is the hypocrisy that i'm seeing. An enlightened being will look at everything as "God's delicate art" , it is those who are the least conscious who sees the other 99.9% "unconscious people". 

Edited by Angelite

9 hours ago, Swagala said:

I've been doing spiritual/conscious work for a little over 3 years now and feel like I've made great progress, whatever progress in this work really means. For me, I started spiritual work because I had social anxiety which lead to depression. And if I'm being honest, sometimes I catch myself thinking about how much better or well off I am (my social and financial life is total garbo though lol) than most people because I'm in this spiritual path. When I find myself looking at people, I'm aware of my ego getting butthurt by the fact that people seem okay with where they're at. They seem like they already know what's going on. It's like they have this innate knowing of what reality is and what their purpose is, they have no need to question anything. And because of those thoughts, I feel like instead of "being ahead" of the unconscious people around me, I'm actually trying to catch up to them because it seems like they're the ones more at peace and fully conscious while I'm the fool who's completely lost and confused. I already "know" that the "fact" is that most people are unconscious. I quoted know and fact because I don't actually know and don't know if it's actually a fact or true. Sometimes I look back at the times when Leo talks about how "99% of human being that have ever lived are unconscious" and start to doubt it whenever I have these moments.

Same bro. 

@Swagala I also had this thought sometimes that by getting into this work I only started to see my own misery. Many people seem happy, not knowing about their ignorance etc. But that's the point - it seems like that. It's a surface interpretation of what you see. But remember the time you were not at all conscious about these things. It's quite a shallow form of contentment, because it rests on the assurance that the ego structure is nicely perpetuated. And this is not to categorize "others". It's to see things as they are. And still I do think there are people, especially living very close to nature, that intuitively move towards peace despite never having heard of non duality. And yes, of course it's what happens in all of us, for all of us are That. But modern city life greatly distracts most of us from naturally evolving in that direction. Which is exactly as it needs to be right now.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

What you see “out there “is nothing but consciousness. When you become aware of your true nature everywhere you only see yourself. Society is an imaginary construct.When you are awaret about he unconsciousness of others, then you realize how conscious you are that you are others. The unconscious cannot observe the conscious.

That's far from the truth. If you were right, half of society wouldn't be on all kind of distractions, medications and in general they wouldn't have any kind of neurotic illnesses.

@Swagala Linguistically there is “people being awake / asleep, conscious / unconscious” but you have to read between the lines that it is consciousness. If the path is shining in terms of being / experience, but not so much creating your dream life, give that your attention. Things which might seem in the way dissolve upon inspection. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Ignorance is bliss :)

Yep, sometimes it's great to be ignorant now and then :)

I have an opinion on everything :D

On one hand you are right, everyone and everything is exactly how it should be and perfectly in tune with everything there is.

On the other hand when you look for it, you see distracted people who are unhappy everywhere. You see potential. You see what could be.

But yeah I dont like to compare myself with others. Everyone is on their own path.

Could also be that you lack some very basic needs. Maybe its time to first get your social and financial life in order, not because you need to but because it might give you a speed boost on your spiritual journey.

I had this for a while. The key is understanding that everything is an infinite field of pure consciousness and the only reason we experience different LOC's is relative to our minds. Those people you are judging as conscious or unconscious are already 100 percent pure consciousness just like you. But yeah, you have to also let go of wanting to be better than other people. Becoming enlightened does not mean you become some mystical superhuman. You are washing away the entire survival process to realize what you always were. You are already whole and complete. There is no path. You will eventually reach a point in the path where spiritual ego doesn't happen at all. But also, in order to release it permanently you need to be willing to let go of wanting to be better than someone else. Your wanting to be better than someone else is also causing separation and it is very tempting for the ego to go there when you don't have the direct experience. So yeah will enlightenment mean you become superhuman and everyone bows down to you as their god while you are superhuman and blissed out? Probably not. If you desire such a thing it shows you that you have much more work to do. I hope this helped