SerpaeTetra

Leo-Your view on veganism?

59 posts in this topic

Personally it doesn't work for me because it doesn't give be enough energy.

For other people it works.

Keep in mind that people have different body types and different genetics which correspond to your ancestor's diet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

it's very hard to avoid meat if you buy foods outside.

If you want to practice veganism, you have to make foods by yourself.

I make most of my food and it's still a problem.

Basically all healthy food you have to make yourself.

Ain't no one gonna prepare for you organic food using high quality ingredients.

@Leo Gura What do you eat? My diet consists mostly of vegetables, legumes, dairy products, fruits, and rice.

Edited by CreamCat

@Leo Gura btw, If I wanted to go vegan/vegetarian and you also said I should give up wheat, then where would I get my main source of calories from? 

13 minutes ago, jd1279 said:

@Leo Gura btw, If I wanted to go vegan/vegetarian and you also said I should give up wheat, then where would I get my main source of calories from? 

That is one of the problems.

Realistically you'd need some kind of grain substitute like rice. But eating grain makes me feel bad because it's high in carbs and causes a sugar crash. It not particularly healthy either.

Grain is basically empty sugar calories.

Potatoes are one option. But again, it's mostly empty sugar calories.

My body feels best on a diet of meat, veggies, fruits, and quality fats. Low carbs as possible.

Juicing fruit and veggies is great for health. But you can't rely on it to keep you full.

@Leo Gura How do you reconcile wanting to be a vegan for ethical reasons but then finding your body relies on animal products too much for you to realistically give them up? I'm always trying to cut down / eventually give up meat because I feel bad for animals, but my body seems disposed towards animal products :/

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Leo Gura did you ever try wholegrain?

it`s as long a myth, that grain is bad as you never tried wholegrain - don`t know if there are even bakeries in the us who work with that? - in europe they even discuss to not mill the grain until the day it is baked. you can pretty good survive on a mixture of wholegrain, veggies and especially substitute meat with all pulses (indian curries go perfect for that or you can experiment with receipes like lentil salad)

the ancestor diet is a myth your ego likes because it`s difficult to change diets and sometimes the body revolts in the beginning or it`s not even your gut, but your gut bacteria and funguses. i bet you, they ate bread in russia. so no escaping that! (i bet you even that they only had meat once a week probably)

it doesn`t work for you because you never had the right amount of everything you need probably - and probably because you can`t admit that you still have a craving.

Edited by remember

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Diet depends a lot on your body, activity and personal preference.

I tried a lot of things. I feel best and perform best on a kind of traditional Asian style diet: High in high-quality carbs, lots of veggies and fruits and low fat. Nowadays it's mostly vegan, but not strictly.

My main activities are office work and Martial Arts. Doing Martial Arts, my diet is inspired by how Bruce Lee used to eat.

no, diet depends mostly upon your gut bacteria. but you can even get stool transplants to change it, maybe you can buy one from bruce lees descendants soon.

maybe we vegans can make some money soon :ph34r:

Edited by remember

2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

And your gut bacteria also depend on your diet ... ;)

hehe B|

@Leo Gura What foods you make for yourself?

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But eating grain makes me feel bad because it's high in carbs and causes a sugar crash. It not particularly healthy either.

You might want to mix rice with kidney bean and tumeric powder. That's how I eat a bowl of rice. I eat a small bowl of rice at breakfast and dinner. It is accompanied by fruits and vegetables and eggs. I also eat tofu.

This is good, too.

Edited by CreamCat

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Keep in mind that people have different body types and different genetics which correspond to your ancestor's diet.

That's why I m almost sure that pasta/french bread and cheese + milk is ok if you're french/german or country who eat certain things.

Wheat is not ogm in France for instance. And meat get more control on average.

Japanese people cannot digest milk but are better eating algae than european.

People living close from high pole eat only meat sometimes and their body feel ok to survive years.

My conclusion is that so far

human is an adaptive self ordering system that can adapt to all sort of foods.

Some take years to adapt

Industrialisation and low standard is the thing that poison most things that could be good food.

Too many factors for accuracy.

Ps : The gut biome backslash is probably a good trail.

In support of the idea that your dna adapted

Sorry vegs. Looks 'African' so many memes on chicken / kfc for whatever reasons. I was thinking this memes could have some truth their ancestors eated a tons of chickens. Makes their meat favored then ( or maybe that's only a stupid joke )

Edited by Aeris

2 hours ago, Apparition of Jack said:

@Leo Gura How do you reconcile wanting to be a vegan for ethical reasons but then finding your body relies on animal products too much for you to realistically give them up? I'm always trying to cut down / eventually give up meat because I feel bad for animals, but my body seems disposed towards animal products :/

That's life. Consider the dilemma a lion is in. You got it easy compared to him.

You cannot stop "evil" if you want to live. Evil cannot be stopped, it must be accepted as what you are.

:) I think it's brave for Leo to admit eating meat on this forum.  

There is probably high percentage of people who are vegans or have that ideology in the member base. Somehow most of the vegans I know are often more on the spiritual side.  

But he teaches that you should be authentic, sincere, genuine and brave - so he lives what he preaches :)

successful veganism has a lot to do with the right recipes and making food atractive to your tastebuds and gut. i must admit i`m not completely vegan, i still eat butter and sometimes egg (only eggs from happy chicken).

so if anyone wants to change their diet to vegan or reduced vegetarianism, experimenting with food and talking to vegetables is probably one of the time consuming aspects of the whole process. asian recipes are perfect to start and then there are some really creative cookbooks out there, with a lot of  super tasty recipes -  wholegrain or high energy food doesn`t have the image of yikes anymore since enough skilled people create alternative recipes, some of them you can find online but of course there are advanced ones. everytime i visit non vegan friends who like to cook they say afterwards how they liked the challenge to create a menue.

the last cookbook i bought contains some advices to grow tabletop mushrooms and hydroponics - just as a reference to how much of an adventure food can be.

https://space10.com/projects/

i liked their fondness of a particular saying: if you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.

so learning to eat smart, is probably the way to build the better food chain, be careful with pyramid scheemes ;)

Edited by remember

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's life. Consider the dilemma a lion is in. You got it easy compared to him.

Perhaps, genetic engineering can help new humans become vegans. It may also help lions become vegans eventually.

23 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Perhaps, genetic engineering can help new humans become vegans. It may also help lions become vegans eventually.

Lab grown meat will be available a lot sooner.