brugluiz

Telling our feelings helps a lot!

6 posts in this topic

Just had a problem with a friend and I was thinking many things about her: "she's a bitch!", "how dare her do it to me?", "it's not correct!", "Why she is such a jerk?!", etc

So I was having many negative thoughts about her due to a tiny problem. After reading some articles on the internet on how to deal with it, I realized I had just to express my feelings (even if the problem seemed to be very tiny).

I expressed my feelings to her and she was very kind to me. It was impressive how all my thoughts about her just changed!

Now I admire her even more!

I was always very closed about my feelings. Even if it's a "tiny" thing that bothers you, you should express what you're feeling. Maybe that "tiny" thing upsets you a lot. But being honest with people is a huge relief and it helps us to connect with them.

I'm astonished of how just expressing what I was feeling was much more better than avoiding conflict and repressing my feelings.

so true :)

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

On 11/2/2019 at 0:30 AM, brugluiz said:

Just had a problem with a friend and I was thinking many things about her: "she's a bitch!", "how dare her do it to me?", "it's not correct!", "Why she is such a jerk?!", etc

So I was having many negative thoughts about her due to a tiny problem. After reading some articles on the internet on how to deal with it, I realized I had just to express my feelings (even if the problem seemed to be very tiny).

I expressed my feelings to her and she was very kind to me. It was impressive how all my thoughts about her just changed!

Now I admire her even more!

I was always very closed about my feelings. Even if it's a "tiny" thing that bothers you, you should express what you're feeling. Maybe that "tiny" thing upsets you a lot. But being honest with people is a huge relief and it helps us to connect with them.

I'm astonished of how just expressing what I was feeling was much more better than avoiding conflict and repressing my feelings.

Yes but it's not always the case. Some people are willing to hear what is bothering you and respect that and both of you find a common ground, but there are also people who don't appreciate you opening up being vulnerable, don't want, dont need you to open up. In general, they don't wanna deal with your emotions and thoughts or find it difficult. 

So it'd be great if we all are able to be accepted and willing to open up. Some people don't wanna do that. They are just so closed. They don't reveal their emotions. 

And then you move on. 

Edited by egoeimai