Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Investing_in_myself

Competitor vs. Creator

8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I have watched the video „competitor vs creator“ and I doubt now that I have chosen the right business-path: I am a real estate investor.

Everything in this business revolves about 3 main points: Who you know. How big (in terms of quantity) is your marketing. How fast you seal the deal. How much money you pay. Means, if someone offers more money than me, I‘m out. It‘s a competitive field.

And everybody is offering the same service: „I pay fast and cash“. 

Yes, I create beautiful new homes. But it is a road, a lot of people travel and has not much to do with creativity.

How can you convert a competitive business in one, that creates? 

Have a good weekend.

12 hours ago, Investing_in_myself said:

Yes, I create beautiful new homes.

Do you actually create them? Or do you just re-sell them? That's a big difference.

There can be all kinds of interesting business opportunities in creating innovative new types of homes. But this has little to do with real-estate. This is more of a technology and design challenge.

The reason real-estate re-selling is so competitive is because there's no creative value in it. You're adding very little to society by flipping properties. It's basically just an easy way to make money so every fool wants in. Do something that requires more skill, more art, more design, more intelligence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you actually create them? Or do you just re-sell them? That's a big difference.

Actually I transform an ugly house into a beautiful one. However, it doesn‘t require much creativity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do something that requires more skill, more art, more design, more intelligence.

That is the answer that confirms my inner voice. I agree 100%. 

It is hard, to let sth go where you have put a lot of time and energy in. But to create sth new, that makes the world better, is much more of a calling and life purpose.

Thanks, Leo.

@Investing_in_myself Yes, being creative is hard. Which is why most people avoid it by looking to leech off the creativity of others.

But being a leech does not make for a fulfilling life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, Investing_in_myself said:

Hi everybody,

I have watched the video „competitor vs creator“ and I doubt now that I have chosen the right business-path: I am a real estate investor.

Everything in this business revolves about 3 main points: Who you know. How big (in terms of quantity) is your marketing. How fast you seal the deal. How much money you pay. Means, if someone offers more money than me, I‘m out. It‘s a competitive field.

And everybody is offering the same service: „I pay fast and cash“. 

Yes, I create beautiful new homes. But it is a road, a lot of people travel and has not much to do with creativity.

How can you convert a competitive business in one, that creates? 

Have a good weekend.

Hi there!  Do you build houses in the USA or abroad? I’m just thinking about buying property abroad, preferably in Eastern Europe

@Investing_in_myself  Excellent, but now I am interested in property in Romania. Do you know something about this market? I was offered several good deals here https://korter.ro, and I tend to accept one of the offers. But if you know one of the European construction companies that could help me, I would consider this option.

Edited by shokoman

As an architect, here's what is most unfulfilling- Designing the same things over and over and over again. I love when clients are genuine and open and voice their requirements and personal quirks which I can then convert into bricks and stones and plywood. 

BUT these types of clients are rare. Everyone wants what their neighbours want. It takes me all the life in me to convince them that their life and lifestyle is not their neighbour's lifestyle, so it should be unique and personal, like a fingerprint. But of course, that means more effort and more time, which doesn't market well in the industry that learns by 'how it looks'. I dislike designing apartments which look exactly the same matchboxes as those in the whole 20 sq km area. It is very disheartening to look outside the window and see nothing 'new'. People start behaving similarly when they live in similar houses, and I don't want to be a part of this mass-produced humanity. I have no idea how to go about it, but I recognize that THERE IS NO COMPETITION IF YOUR WORK IS AUTHENTIC. 

Sure, others may copy my designs. Let them. They may get paid more for it. Let them. As long as I get to express my creativity, why bother?