Joker_Theory

How to develop or realize witness consciousness

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone :)

I would like to develop or realize witness consciousness through a meditation practice but not "just sitting" practice cause it's to tough. I get to frustrated, agitated and restless that i can't sit still. Could someone suggest a practice for this.

Also, would love a guided meditation on this if you know of one or some tips would be GREAT!!

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

You can try this. It is different from the practice of sit meditation in that you can practice it anytime, anywhere, regardless of the activity you do.In fact you should do it all the time while you're awake. But step by step you'll get there. Keep in mind only the feeling "I am", gradually transform into it, until your mind and feeling become one. By repeated attempts, you will find the right balance between attention and affection, and your mind will be firmly established in the thought of "I am”.No matter what you think or say, this feeling of immutable and loving being remains the eternal background present in the mind.Then you will be concentrated in the real source. The focus of attention will be in Self and you will not be distracted.?

@Joker_Theory

38 minutes ago, Joker_Theory said:

would love a guided meditation on this if you know of one or some tips would be GREAT!!

Become aware of the present moment. Use your senses fully. Observe the flow of your breathing. Touch something and knowledge it. Become aware of the noises, smells in the room. Don't analyze anything. Don't interpret anything. Observe the silence behind the sounds in the room. Notice how the silence is all pervasive, deep, infinate. Notice the space in which all objects are allowed to be unconditionally . Notice the energy that animates your body. Put your attention on all the objects and then put your attention on the silence and space behind the objects. Notice the difference between the objects and the space and silence. Rest in the silence for a moment. Observe the infinate depth of the silence. Notice that it's omnipresent and unknowable (but paradoxically knowable as it is you ). Then notice how you feel. ?

In the vein of neti neti being an ‘outward to inward’ practice by deduction, and breath meditation being a surrender, or ‘inward to outward’ nothing into everything venture...if you’re not quite ready for a true to form do nothing practice, just do it uber casually through the day. The momentum of ‘doing’ slowly fades, at a comfortable pace. 

Notice everything you are not doing. Notice no commands, no process, no ‘ceo’ director of the brain or mind in the typing / reading of these words now for example. No effort in understanding what these words are saying, right? While driving, for example, say aloud, I’m not driving - this is an experience, “driving”, “in the car”, then notice the “doer” did not say anything aloud. Similar to self inquiry, ‘you’re’ going behind the doer, behind the thoughts. Most thinking is of the doer, in the doer’s future or past, potential situations, etc. None of which is actual, it’s all overthinking. So the ‘ambilical cord’, what keeps the doer “alive”, is being cut at the root, thought ‘itself’ & belief, and the believing in “I am the thinker”.  Notice talking ‘happening’, disengage of the belief that I am talking, and notice the experience of “talking” continues just the same, without “doing it”.  

This is in itself all doing, pointed towards “witnessing”, to reveal there’s no witness. You might also spend days saying the absolute minimum which ‘needs’ be said. This can reveal how much thinking was being spoken, and how much overspeaking feeds back into overthinking. ‘Witnessing that’ can reshape the entirety of the experience of thought, and speaking, and the simplicity, the ‘plainness’ that you are not separate from this moment arises. 

But, before the unification is seen, it’s highly likely (not certain though) that feelings are going to bubble up. 

Don’t think about them, and don’t allow them to involve someone else in the ‘their fault’ sense. Just relax, breath, feel breathing, and let the feelings do their feeling thing. Understanding inevitably follows, as the feeling signified a discord of thought self and awareness. More of this ‘understanding which arises’ = ‘more’ being & wonderful feeling, and less overthinking, and judging one’s self / misunderstanding feelings.

And...there might be one, two, a few things...that if you were to fully aware of ‘what you are doing’, you wouldn’t be able to stop doing it. Write the opposite of those things up on your board. Get what you really actually want out in the wide open.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Joker_Theory I've found labeling and returning to be helpful. We can all relate to meditating and then getting lost in thought. "Crap, I forget to text my friend that I can't make it to the gym tomorrow. He's going to be really upset. This is the third time I canceled this month. He probably won't want to work out with me anymore. Why am I so forgetful? Maybe I have ADHD. I should probably schedule a docter's appointment tomorrow. . . " And on and on and on. . . While we are immersed in the thought story, we become the thought story. There is no witness observing the thought story. . . Then we may snap out of it and realize "Whoa, I just went off into la-la land. I'm supposed to be meditating. I lost all awareness of here and now." Then we can return to here and now. I great way is to bring attention to the breath or feelings. Thoughts can mesmerize the mind into past and future. Yet feelings are always Now. So bodily feelings are a great way to get grounded and return to Now. 

This labeling and returning can help re-condition the mind. The challenge is to let go and be the witness because the mind is attached/identified to the thought story. Imagine observing a movie of yourself. The mind is not conditioned to be a detached observer of itself. The mind wants immersion into self. Recognition, labeling and returning can help de-condition this tendency - yet it can be a long process of de-conditioning. We are talking about de-conditioning decades of conditioning. 

Thought stories are occurring Now (even if the thought stories are about past and future). Yet imo it is super hard to detach from thought stories and observe as a witness. I think it's more effective to label and let go of thought stories and re-direct attention to Now. If mediation is too tough, something like walking alone in nature may be effective practice. Often when I walk in nature, all sorts of thoughts stories arise about work, relationships etc. I may recognize "Thinking of work" and return to listen to bird chirps. Really listen to the birdsong. If I start thinking about how birds communicate, at least the thought story is related to something occurring Now. . . Or I may recognize "Thinking about a travel plans for Christmas" and then return to observe a bee pollinating a flower. . . The mind will often resist doing this, yet with time it becomes second nature. As one gets better, thought can be background noise. For example, while I am hiking there may be some background traffic noise in the distance - yet I'm not engaged with it and it doesn't bother me. Similarly, as I hike there may be some background thought noise "in the distance" - yet the observer doesn't engage with it and isn't bothered by it.