Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOBIO

How to get to no mind

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone managed to reach states where they have no thoughts for 10mins, for example.

There is no thinker, thoughts arise, but is it possible to have no thoughts arise for a long period of time.

If so how?

@ROOBIO Of course it’s possible, it’s a mid level meditation skill. Go sit and meditate everyday and let us know what you find in a year or two. 

Here's the thing.. thoughts arise.  It seems what you are really after here is to quiet the neurotic conversation that persistently arises within our awareness. The seemingly constant internal dialogue.  It should be recognized that even when this 'conversation' quiets down, thoughts are still arising, in the same way that the sound of a bell in the distance 'arises' into your awareness, and then fades into memory.. 

Part of the 'trick' is to learn a new perspective on thought itself.. to recognize that thoughts simply come and go, and there is no reason to 'hold on to them' or pretend that 'you are authoring them', and simply be aware that they are arising in awareness like waves on a beach, only to 'wash away' and be replaced by the next thought arising in awareness.  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@ROOBIO Yes, of course. This is and always has been the default actuality. “A thought” is nothing, so paradoxically, to ‘get there’, can you understand (first) that thoughts are indeed, things? (Not a Riddler thing here. Need to see where you’re at currently). Also, how practices / experienced are you with ‘sitting with it’ - sitting without distraction, letting emotion wash out, and then realizing the after-arising understanding?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE