Dryas

How to help someone with obsessive and Self destructive infatuation/limerance?

2 posts in this topic

So I have this friend (15M, same as me) with this extreme condition of limerence, to the point where he's loosing his sanity. He's been taking anti-depressant medication to cope with it but I don't know if it's actually helping.. I'm not the best when it comes to reading emotions but I think he's seriously going to commit suicide or seriously harm/injure himself. It's not just a guess, I think he gave me a sign or something. Even if he's not suicidal, he's still very depressed. His family isn't very supportive and he's willing to do literally any crazy shit.

I'm just so confused. I used to be his best friend, though now we've sorta just part ways.. but then again.. I feel like I have some sort of responsibility to do something about it as I believe I know him the best. But maybe I am just fooling myself? Maybe I'm just over-analyzing? And besides, what can I really do? We're not friends like before so my advice probably wont have much of an impact.

The thing is.. he's obsessing over a school teacher... The whole situation is crazy. I really don't know what to do so I just came here. What should I do?

You should talk to him about it if your concerned. Ppl do hurt themselves, it happens. Usually ppl say they had no clue and wish they could've done something, but often its too late. Cries for help happen when the person still wants help, so if you are getting a bad vibe...listen to it. If your wrong, so what. I'd rather be wrong, than do nothing if your right, right? 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?