Nak Khid

I'm seeing a lot of Ads for Sadguru, what do you think of him?

23 posts in this topic

th?id=OIP.3IfKKEbP539Is4n8l0EePgHaE7%26p

quotes:
Don’t be dead serious about your life – it’s just a play.

If you resist change, you resist life

Just ask yourself – what do you really want of life? That is the direction you should go.

If you choose, you can be joyful every moment of your life. It’s time you made your choice.

The mind is a powerful instrument. Every thought, every emotion that you create changes the very chemistry of your body.

The mind remembers only certain things. The body remembers everything. The information it carries goes back to the beginning of existence

The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life.

If you think you are big, you become small. If you know you are nothing, you become unlimited. That’s the beauty of being a human being

Right now, you don’t have the necessary faculties to know anything which is beyond the physical. If you recognize this, if you understand this, if you accept this absolutely, only then the other dimension opens up.

Are you here to experience life or to think about it?

He offers good value and insights but he doesn't have all the answers especially when it comes to social, economic, technology and where humanity is headed or should head in.  He gives people answers to the destination you should head in but like lots of spiritual men, they haven't mastered everything inbetween.

None the less, I enjoy listening to him and hes brought value to my life, just be sure not to idolize or idealize him as with anyone else.  The deep truths can only be experienced.  

He is an excellent bridge for people stuck in stage Orange bringing them to higher stages. The risk I see here is that a lot of them will try to skip green and yellowand then won't be able to acknowledge what he really is saying because their perspective hasn't widened enough yet. Same reason Eckhart Tolle is largely misunderstood and demonized in many circles as fake guru and woo woo sharlatan who talks bunch of nonsense. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Amazing teacher and very well developed spirally I believe as well. But as with all teachers (Including Leo) take what helps you and benefits you and don't turn their teachings into an ideology. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 31/10/2019 at 6:39 AM, Tanz said:

He offers good value and insights but he doesn't have all the answers especially when it comes to social, economic, technology and where humanity is headed or should head in.  He gives people answers to the destination you should head in but like lots of spiritual men, they haven't mastered everything inbetween.

None the less, I enjoy listening to him and hes brought value to my life, just be sure not to idolize or idealize him as with anyone else.  The deep truths can only be experienced.  

@Tanz I think your very much underestimating him, most people will never even get close to his development in there life time if they dedicated there whole lives to personal and spiritual development hence why he is able to achieve so much in such a blissful way. But yeah still shouldn't idolize him but go meet him and spend a week with him and he will be able to do thinks that would leave you speechless 

4 hours ago, themovement said:

@Tanz I think your very much underestimating him, most people will never even get close to his development in there life time if they dedicated there whole lives to personal and spiritual development hence why he is able to achieve so much in such a blissful way. But yeah still shouldn't idolize him but go meet him and spend a week with him and he will be able to do thinks that would leave you speechless 

I can see the value and the utility in his work.  His ability to bring words together to help people understand the mystical is world-class.  But he doesnt address things like politics and technology, along with what direction humanity should head in on a micro level...

A weakness in spiritualism and religion is it requires the material world to survive. The donors are from the very institutions that suppress human consciousness are powering our society. No one is everything even through they may claim so.... I havent met anyone that truly embodies that.  A spiritual man needs the billionaire to exist to give him money.  The billionaire needs the spiritual man to tell him everything will be fine.  A man that is the answer will provide us with the answers without opening his or her mouth.  The world has not beholden such a being.  Do we have any takers here?  

Edited by Tanz

6 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

toxic marketing from his organisation

Go on? I don't get how people just say things like this and back it up with absolutely nothing.. 

I'll tell you this, ISHA is run by businessmen and it is very well put together, from a technological and marketing standpoint.

it IS very markety!! They do target you with ads, and they do little tricks like "Extending the early bird special due to technical difficulties", or "allowing payment plans for limited time". 

However,  I'm not sure any of us are in a position to be critical here. As far as I can tell, he doesn't live in a yachts  or drive  500k cars, and seems to be doing alot for his county.

I will be seeing sadhguru in person coming up here soon. 

@Nak Khid Sadguru loves recognition and devotion....and probably doesnt mind the cash either :)

The guru biz can be very profitable. 

Edited by Matt8800

6 hours ago, Tanz said:

I can see the value and the utility in his work.  His ability to bring words together to help people understand the mystical is world-class.  But he doesnt address things like politics and technology, along with what direction humanity should head in on a micro level...

A weakness in spiritualism and religion is it requires the material world to survive. The donors are from the very institutions that suppress human consciousness are powering our society. No one is everything even through they may claim so.... I havent met anyone that truly embodies that.  A spiritual man needs the billionaire to exist to give him money.  The billionaire needs the spiritual man to tell him everything will be fine.  A man that is the answer will provide us with the answers without opening his or her mouth.  The world has not beholden such a being.  Do we have any takers here?  

He dose not adress politics or technology but thats not his job, his job is to raise the conciouness of the people who work in thos feilds. No human being can master everything. 

I like Sadhguru's approach. I think he has many sobering ideas and perspectives.

However... maybe it doesn't mean anything and I'm just stuck with a certain idea about how a high conciousness person should be, but I do notice that I find Sadhguru a bit restless in his communication. I'm talking in relative sense; not compared to your average Joe. But if you take an Osho for example, he's waaay more grounded, calm and centered than Sadhguru is in at least the way he portrays himself. I'm not entirely sure if this is a valid measuring stick about how to judge a person's level or consciousness; perhaps this is just one of the different facets of natural expression, but this is just something that I'm noticing.

All of that being said, I like what he's doing. His logic is very sober and practical.

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

@Tanz No body can give that.No system can be perfect.one is enlightened doesnt mean he can be an all knowing great econimist or scientist or social xyz.

Can sadhguru create a new simple seed of a plant or tree ? Or can create new species ? Or a planet ? Or how nature works ???

By nature creation is like that.we dont know the intelligence behind the creation and creative powers ?

We are not seperate from creation but we dont have access to the mystery of creation.

Equality is a myth a utopian idea.

All are unique but all are not equal.

Only at the conciousness level its shared like water heat earth air and all other resources.

Body/mind is still seperate.

Edited by Jkris

@Jkris I get your point but he comes off as someone that knows everything and inauthentically at times never says I dont know how to answer that question but perhaps you can. Or do you have the answer for the question you ask? Perhaps you can teach me. Or "ill have to think about that question, ill let you know when the answer comes to me"

The minute a man proclaims himself as a guru, he puts himself in a tight corner and feels his ego must know everything to please the audience.... this is what I have against people that claim they are enlightened they cant admit their own shortcomings or limitations.  

Edited by Tanz

He is coming to USA that's why there's a lot of ads about him.

He was at the Hulu Theater in the Madison Square Garden, NYC.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I have another thread on Sadguru which has videos where he describes how he became enlightened and also another video describing how 4 other spiritual teachers became enlightened Eckhart Tolle, Adyashanti, Mooji, Rupert Spira

Edited by Nak Khid

Personally, I love Sadhguru and get a lot of value from his teachings. He’s undoubtedly enlightened and stage turquoise so overall a great resource for those wanting to elevate their level on consciousness.

Something I’ve noticed about Sadhguru is he does “dumb down” his teachings quite a bit, especially in comparison to someone like Leo. But that simply so that he can have a larger audience. So you obviously have to take what he says with a grain of salt (like you should any teacher) and trust your direct experience above all 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

20 hours ago, King Merk said:

Personally, I love Sadhguru and get a lot of value from his teachings. He’s undoubtedly enlightened and stage turquoise so overall a great resource for those wanting to elevate their level on consciousness.

Something I’ve noticed about Sadhguru is he does “dumb down” his teachings quite a bit, especially in comparison to someone like Leo. But that simply so that he can have a larger audience. So you obviously have to take what he says with a grain of salt (like you should any teacher) and trust your direct experience above all 

Defo, tho i think its unfair to compare him to leo sadguru is the real deal leo is still on the path, all his awakenings hace been tbrough drugs and hasnt stuck yet in his day to day life.

I would love to see what sadguru would think of leos work 

Edited by themovement

@Shiva you say this ane he definitely has to for the majority of crowds due to being so mainstream, but in terms of his own knowledge it's certainly of the highest stead along with Rupert Spira, Francis Lucille, Adyashanti, Ramaji etc etc

It's in the subtle things but you can definitely tell depths of understanding from different teachers, question- have you read 1000?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi