Alex bAlex

Healthy entertainment

18 posts in this topic

Hello peeps ?

Starting the self-actualisation journey means getting rid of the addictive habits which includes movies,media,games etc. 

Now trying to redesign my life, I am asking myself (and you), what are some ways of healthy entertainment? Or everything is just a distraction and we should be aware and dead serious 100% of the time?

And of course -everything in moderation, otherwise we get back to square one. 

Cheers!

- Learning new things (Youtube is perfect for that)

- Anything creative (music, art, drawing/painting, you name it)

- Physical exercise

- Watching documentaries (Netflix has some great informative stuff)

Just hanging out in nature is amazing.

Pick up a musical instrument(I might be biased on that one?) 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Reading,

Spending time with family & friends,

P.s - Its okay to watch movies or play some video games here and there, so long as most of your life is spent working on your life purpose and relationships.

I would suggest to observe yourself . Your tendencies and so on. 

In my opinion it is useless to get rid of bad habits  by changing them  or resisting them because they really exist only in your mind. 

The more you become conscious of your patterns the more things will fall apart by itself and the so called good habits will manifest spontaneously. 

I like traveling as healthy entertainment. It is fun, engaging and intriguing. A lot can be learned through direct experience of travels and it’s mind expanding. 

I think it's okay to read fiction books and watch movies.

There are many fiction books that teach empathy. They also teach life lessons and can even give us some impulse to live life and help with our creativity. The same for movies.

Art is a very awesome entertainment by the way.

Edited by brugluiz

Thank you guys. Great new ideas,many of them never considering them entertaining. I have to redefine the term entertainment ?

Cius.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:24 PM, brugluiz said:

I think it's okay to read fiction books and watch movies.

There are many fiction books that teach empathy. They also teach life lessons and can even give us some impulse to live life and help with our creativity. The same for movies.

Art is a very awesome entertainment by the way.

Indeed. I do in many ways think fiction books can actually be more powerful than standard self-help books, since fiction books elicit detailed visualizations (which sends a stronger message to the subconscious).

@Alex bAlex And I can definitely vouch for doing something creative. It might be a bit difficult to get started, but once you get going it's so much fun. Look for something that evokes strong emotions in you, and try to express it.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

I went for a couple of months to learn tango dancing which I enjoyed so far, but had to take a brake at the moment as life gets too busy. So busy that even the reading and meditation habits have been put aside.

Nevermind, declutter and reorganize my life is the starting point ?

4 hours ago, Commodent said:

Indeed. I do in many ways think fiction books can actually be more powerful than standard self-help books, since fiction books elicit detailed visualizations (which sends a stronger message to the subconscious).

Of course, a self-help book may just say: you have to love yourself. But the conversation between the Rabbit and Alice in Alice In The Wonderland is much more powerful than a logical straight message.

Another example is even intelectual development. Benard Cornwell's books may teach some stuff about Britain's history in a joyful way.

I think it's almost like learning English. If English is not your mother tongue, you'll find a lot of benefits when learning it with music.

It's possible to mix fun and learning sometimes.

@Alex bAlex Poetry, good music, good books, healthy meals, going for an adventure in nature, exercising etc.

unborn Truth

11 hours ago, brugluiz said:

Of course, a self-help book may just say: you have to love yourself. But the conversation between the Rabbit and Alice in Alice In The Wonderland is much more powerful than a logical straight message.

Another example is even intelectual development. Benard Cornwell's books may teach some stuff about Britain's history in a joyful way.

I think it's almost like learning English. If English is not your mother tongue, you'll find a lot of benefits when learning it with music.

It's possible to mix fun and learning sometimes.

Yeah, do you have any good fiction books to recommend, by the way?

I can personally recommend the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. Hugely inspiring and deep.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

On 05/11/2019 at 8:54 AM, Commodent said:

Yeah, do you have any good fiction books to recommend, by the way?

I can personally recommend the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. Hugely inspiring and deep.

I'll take a look at Bradon Sanderson. I really love Robert Fisher, Sara Pennypacker, Bernard Cornwell and Tolkien. I also read some more entertaining focused books such as Batman, Wayne of Gotham, Hugh Laurie and others.

OK, so as a form of art I want to start to play a bit with a DJ deck, to see how's going on. Otherwise, reading fictions seems appealing but I find it a bit empty, as I don't get a message at the end of the book as I might from a self-help book. Nonetheless, I'll have to give a try to some fiction to expand my creativity. 

Love, peace and unity :D