Cody_Atzori

How do I get my mum to open up to psychedelics?

32 posts in this topic

My mum is really into the idea of spirituality and leo's work as I somehow introduced it to her; however she's really against psychedelics, and she's concerned with me for even talking about it. I wish I didn't talk to her about it because she's really concerned. It sucks because I don't want her to think I wanna become a druggie. I'm scared of how she's going to think about it if I elaborate on it.

@Cody_Atzori Phycedelics have risks involved in them. You could have lifetime mental health issues from them. It's good to consider the different spiritual paths and maybe trust your mother's wisdom.

Trust that if life doesn't offer you the opportunity to take them with a clear conscience then they aren't part of your path just yet. Honest faith and desire to know truth/god/the nature of love itself is more powerful than any drug.  

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Cody_Atzori This is a slope you shouldn't go down until you're a responsible adult, and your parents know you can take care of your self. 

Edited by fridjonk

2 hours ago, Cody_Atzori said:

I wish I didn't talk to her about it because she's really concerned.

Of course your mum is now concerned.

What did you expect her to say- "That's a great idea son! Here's some money now go out and get yourself some LSD.......... and be careful crossing the street" 

@Nickyy What you said is incredibly wrong. MDMA can be lethal in many many ways, such as if you blend it with alcohol or other substances. You should never do it more than once every 3-4 months. And no its not "more" like enlightenment than other psychedelics, maybe you just haven't done other psychedelics correctly. 

@Nickyy Ofc, because it's a psychedelic after all. But you can go way deeper on almost all the other basic psychs, LSD, Mushrooms, 5-MeO. You just have to know what your doing. 

Edited by fridjonk

2 hours ago, Nickyy said:

MDMA is much safer and there has to my knowledge no side effects.

MDMA is one of the most dangerous psychedelics.

It can have serious side effects. Do your research.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I would focus on the science and benefits of psychedelics. Psilocybin has scientifically been proven to help with depression and improve the regeneration of brain cells. Statistically speaking it is one of the most safest drugs out there, even safer than alcohol and cannabis consumption. Of course taking it with other drugs is not a good idea and setting must be right. Other psychedelic drugs are more dangerous than others so do your research.

I was born in the era of 'the war on drugs' and growing up had a distaste of anything psychedelic related. This has just been proven to be hard propaganda and these moral panics cause government and media concern. You may wish to introduce positive literature on the subject.

Psychedelics are really good for spiritual work. They are great for indulging in concious/subconcious intercourse. Sometimes it is really beneficial to look at oneself without the lens of the lower self. 

Edited by Brainsports
more info

@Nickyy I personally know somebody who died from using MDMA. I also personally know several others who have suffered hospitalizing hyperthermia and other serious side effects including precipitated methamphetamine addiction chasing the first high they had on MDMA.

You haven't done your research

Sneak in 5g of powdered mushrooms in tea. Let her experience the magic :D

1 hour ago, Shqipe said:

No

1 hour ago, Shqipe said:

Don't you dare do that, don't ever even think about doing that to anyone. Dosing someone covertly like that is completely unethical.

2 hours ago, Nickyy said:

I did my research. 4 years solid. No issues :)

If the source is pure, and it's used responsibly, MDMA is pretty safe, so it's no surprise if you've gone 4 years without any issues. However, it's much less safe than LSD or magic mushrooms. It can actually cause some problems, and I've seen people get pretty ground down from MDMA abuse.

MDMA has more in common with methamphetamine (aka crystal meth) than LSD for example

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

6 hours ago, Nickyy said:

MDMA is not a psychedelic. It's also very safe. I've heard of no unwanted effects. 

You're right, it's not a psychedelic. However it is an extremely dangerous drug. Memory loss is the biggest one. 

1 hour ago, outlandish said:

If the source is pure, and it's used responsibly, MDMA is pretty safe, so it's no surprise if you've gone 4 years without any issues. However, it's much less safe than LSD or magic mushrooms. It can actually cause some problems, and I've seen people get pretty ground down from MDMA abuse.

MDMA can be safe in very small doses, done very infrequently. Anyone who has done it for years without problems, I don't believe/want more information from. It basically heats up your brain, and does cause actual brain damage, whereas psychedelics do not. It's not really something to be messed with. When it is done often, in large doses and without much time in between it can really fuck with memory and information retention. It also has the potential to send someone off the deep end, ie. can cause very paranoid delusions in otherwise healthy individuals. It can take years and years, with intention, to heal from excessive MDMA usage, and one may not ever be the same again, like you mention. So yea, it's not a joke. Of course, everyone is different, a small person will react differently than a large person etc etc however the jist is the same, don't take the drug lightly. 

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry Ive personally had no issues with MDMA. 4 years, every weekend. No issues at all, and I've never met a person who has developed an issue with MDMA. To make the statement that MDMA has a cause and effect relationship to the things you mentioned, you need to prove it by satisfying all of the Bradford hill criteria 

Post some links and we can discuss them

@Nickyy I don't believe you, haha. For four years you have done MDMA every weekend (consecutively) , and sometimes three nights a week, and mixed with other things and you have zero negative effects? MDMA tolerance builds up very quickly, so you will have to be taking more and more each weekend. As such you are putting massive amounts of the drug into your system. There comes a point, in my experience, that MDMA basically stops giving you a high, and only destroys your brain. This happens with repeated usage ie using every weekend. So yea, when you say every weekend  for years, you must not mean that literally.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071023/ 

They talk about the memory loss here. And there's all kinds of studies out there proving it. 

Of course, everyone is different and everyone will experience different responses to heavy usage, but just because you or no one else you know has experienced negative effects doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's common to hear of people who abuse the drug to report memory loss, and I have first hand experience of it. 

"You Create Magic" 

14 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

If anyone feels that they want to discuss this paper with me , you're welcome to initiate a discussion

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0955395918302846

MDMA is most often laced with meth, the type of brain damage associated with long term meth usage is different from what happens with misuse of MDMA. Plus, I'm more interested in discussing direct experience. 

"You Create Magic" 

17 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

@Nickyy I don't believe you, haha. For four years you have done MDMA every weekend (consecutively) , and sometimes three nights a week, and mixed with other things and you have zero negative effects?

You don't believe what? That I did ecstacy every weekend (just like millions of other young people in the UK between 1985 and well into the 2000's?)

Not one issue reported apart from Lea Bet's, who actually died from drinking too much water. 

@NickyyMDMA tolerance builds up very quickly, so you will have to be taking more and more each weekend. As such you are putting massive amounts of the drug into your system. There comes a point, in my experience, that MDMA basically stops giving you a high, and only destroys your brain.

You're right. You need to take more each time. I ended up taking ten pills one night. My memory is fine. Do I look like someone who's brain damaged? 

@Nickyy So yea, when you say every weekend  for years, you must not mean that literally.

Yes, literally. I did what everyone else did (millions of us) every weekend. The rave scene was not built on alcohol. It was built on ecstacy. An underground music scene is a weekly event. Do some research on YouTube if you don't think it's possible to do ecstacy every week for years on end. I took ten e's one night on my 4th year. I actually stopped going out because everyone was too much into cocaine, and that wasn't my thing. But I have friends now who went out for years after I  left the scene. So what you're saying is just not true.

@Nickyy 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071023/ 

They talk about the memory loss here. And there's all kinds of studies out there proving it. 

Just because you have some studies, doesn't mean that you can prove cause and effect. Cause and effect to date has never been established. 

Yes, celery can cause some people to die of anaphylaxis. But that doesn't render celery itself a problem. There is no evidence that MDMA is harmful at all.

Edited by Nickyy

10 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

MDMA is most often laced with meth, the type of brain damage associated with long term meth usage is different from what happens with misuse of MDMA. Plus, I'm more interested in discussing direct experience. 

Ok, well if you're interested in discussing direct experience, then why are you dismissing my and others direct experience?

Because it doesn't conform to your bias?