Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cody_Atzori

How do I analyze people using spiral dynamics?

5 posts in this topic

Iv'e just started to realize how profoundly useful the spiral dyanmics model is and how I can use it to change the world, and I really become an expert at it. I'm 16 and I've started to use this model to psychanalyze people so I can help them, I feel that If I train I can use this model unconsciously and really make an impact. So, what are the best questions to ask to really understand where someone is at. I'm contemplating this myself, and I would like some help. What are a few powerful questions you should use to really assess someone, understand them, then use that information to help them elevate up the spiral. What are the top things I should keep in mind when using this model on other people. 

@Cody_Atzori hey Cody. It's impossible to really know where a person is at. you can assume only in general lines (center of gravity of him). A person can be mainly Blue but with 3% of turquoise and you will never know it (and its significant). You have to be very flexible and NEVER think that someone is "below" you because it is not correct. But, you can work with a thing, that you realize in real-time, like a specific behaviour of a person you think is unhealthy, and just make him see that. You cannot convince him to grow to anything but his current stage, but you can light his shadows when you see it. That can help him.

Of course there are extreme cases which in them you CAN tell that a person is really below you like cruel or not-democratic leaders, or if a person is from premitive culture. Even then, there are still things he can teach you! But you cant tell it in the ordinary population that are in your culture. 

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

You need to have a good intuition of the different stages, and then you just listen to what they say. As @Nivsch says, you gotta find their center of gravity. 

When people talk their statements might go a along the lines of:

BLUE BLUE ORANGE BLUE RED BLUE

or something like that. In the example given there is some red and orange, but mostly blue. So one could say that the center of gravity is blue. 

I am myself, heaven and hell.