Loving Radiance

Third eye causing threatening pressure

12 posts in this topic

Description of the process:

During vipassana meditation the third eye will eventually begin to exert a pulsating pressure. When intensely focussing on that sensation and descending into it, all of perception seems to be fully encompassed by this force. Then two pressure points seem to appear which are located over the oral cavity. They feel strong and filled with enormous energy which are now enabled be seen for awareness. Sometimes it feels like a stuffy nose but with pressure on the whole forehead with the two points at its peak pressure.

Then usually the mind interprets the pressure as blood veins. The veins seem to explode at any second just by descending into the sensation. The imagery and imagined sensation of exploding veins and resulting inner bleeding seem to be life threatening. The knowing that I could die from going further is overwhelming. Then concentration is willfully ceased, and the usual scanning of the body continues.

Am I afraid to lose my identity? Could it be a threshold guardian or a calling – from hero’s journey lens it makes sense.

Speaking of lenses, I wear glasses since a decade; It could be a cause. I do not wear them during meditation. Anyhow, this searching for a root cause could also be a distraction.

Your 2 cents?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

What is the position of your jaw when you meditate? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Loving Radiance I have same experiences. It feels like you are ramping up the energy upward your head and if you are gonna go deeper you will either die or go insane. Frightful experience..

Mahadev

@Loving Radiance I don't even know where I'am at the moment.. But yes I'am concentrating on the lower ones. I found a para-psychologist in my city and talked about chakras a lot, it seems like opening your third eye is ain't much of a problem, but the lower ones are the problem. They are a bit closed-up thus making the higher ones (third eye) more active, but imbalanced through the whole.

I actually had a dream about chakras, I dreamed of a swinging from side to side sort of a tree, which had 7 centers. The really big ones were in the top area and the smaller ones in the bottom, and it swung around from side to side like crazy cause of the active upper centers and what do you know it snapped in the bottom. That dream woke me up to concentrate on my lower chakras, no one gives a fuck about the lower ones, so it's kind of a counter-intuitive thing going on here.

Mahadev

@Loving Radiance I started getting the same thing a couple years ago when I lock myself into the present moment. I take it as a sign that Im doing something right.

Ignore all fears. Fears are irrelevant to anything and everything.

15 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

During vipassana meditation the third eye will eventually begin to exert a pulsating pressure. 

I felt the same pulsating pressure I could feel it penetrate into my skull. It got too intense towards the end of my vipassana course. I also had two more pressure points but they were above my ears.

Instead of feeling they are exploding you can explore an avenue in which you recontextualize this sensation into something more grounded and peaceful. 

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

I have a hunch that you all may see some changes if you begin to pay more attention to the things you are seeing/(feeling) OUTSIDE of your meditation practice. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Matt8800 How was the journey for you afterwards?

@Pacific Sage Seems like that could work. I will try it out, thank you.

@mandyjw Every day the world is changed anew. Experience and sensations are fresh. Do you mean changes in spiritual connection with the world?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.