7thLetter

Generally I’m happy, but the desire for women makes me unhappy.

46 posts in this topic

Its desire for love not women. Self-Love is Key to Freedom!

B R E A T H E

On 10/31/2019 at 8:47 AM, Mikael89 said:

Same here.

It's the only reason why I sometimes have suicidal thoughts.

Try psychoanalysis. You once wrote you are taking antidepressants. I also feel crap for the same reason.

2 hours ago, pluto said:

Its desire for love not women. Self-Love is Key to Freedom!

It is the need to satisfy for psychological me. It is more than just sex. It is a desire to have sex with a beautiful woman, so to fit to the popular culture (a real man should have beautiful women and etc), to feel worthy, to have sense of accomplishment, to feel complete, to feel that your life is in order, your time is not wasted and etc.

5 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Yeah, everything is a story and all is relative, but I'm just saying. I want my story to be more fun than just banging gals and me being desperate for them. I agree that the story can fall into place when being in the present moment, but for some it's harder. That's why I'm saying it in a different way.

For some, health/mental health comes first, and then money, and then date/sex. Start simple and practice present moment. Otherwise, your story may not turn out as you like it. It could go way off on a tangent.

5 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Yeah, everything is a story and all is relative, but I'm just saying. I want my story to be more fun than just banging gals and me being desperate for them. I agree that the story can fall into place when being in the present moment, but for some it's harder. That's why I'm saying it in a different way.

For some, health/mental health comes first, and then money, and then date/sex. Start simple and practice present moment. Otherwise, your story may not turn out as you like it. It could go way off on a tangent.

I've never met a person who's story turned out the way they planned.

That's because the story is called a story, and why we developed spiritual systems to wake future generations up. 

2 hours ago, Nickyy said:

I've never met a person who's story turned out the way they planned.

I meant I wouldn't go and find a date when I'm down like that. Would you?

2 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

I meant I wouldn't go and find a date when I'm down like that. Would you?

Probably not, no. Looking for sex from that place is just looking for a substitute for being.

But it doesn't take much to come out of a down period.

Seconds of time. 

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

For me it's more than sex. For me it's mainly about having a love relationship, having a connection, being a couple, you know, not just sex, jeez.

@7thLetterGood luck with that. I think this is an idea that is sold to us by society in order to control us. Most people are not capable of having a connection, not unless they are on a spiritual path.

Maybe you will be lucky enough to meet someone who is committed to PD and you can start a friendship and see what develops?

Have you got something against just having sexual partners for a while. 

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Why are everyone talking about sex sex sex... For me it's more than sex. For me it's mainly about having a love relationship, having a connection, being a couple, you know, not just sex, jeez.

If you have read my statements in this thread, I actually agree with you here a lot more than what the others are saying. That's why I'm married with children for over 20 yrs. I've talked about this already in my previous posts. However, if a person didn't go through this, they tend to judge me saying that I like to follow society, and I'm in "stage blue." :D I think that's ridiculous because tier 2 is composed of all the tier 1 colors in healthy ways. The individual has to figure out how to do this.

30 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

I think that's ridiculous because tier 2 is composed of all the tier 1 colors in healthy ways. The individual has to figure out how to do this

As in,

"look at me, look what I can do?"

You use the word ridiculous, of which the root word is ridicule 

41 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

As in,

"look at me, look what I can do?"

You use the word ridiculous, of which the root word is ridicule 

I think you totally misunderstood. Now, I'm talking about something nuanced, not shallow. Yes, approaching ppl, like gals, who embody "traditional" rules because they want to set certain healthy boundaries, and then judging them is ridiculous. That could be the reason why guys spend hundreds of hours approaching the wrong gals and wasting their time, and not knowing what's going on when the gals reject. Nothing wrong with these gals. I'm talking about gals who embodied and transcended stage blue. I have doubts that you're going to even get my point cause you made such simple statements. You can't just focus on the present moment when you don't know what's going on.

3 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

I think you totally misunderstood. Now, I'm talking about something nuanced, not shallow. Yes, approaching ppl, like gals, who embody "traditional" rules because they want to set certain healthy boundaries, and then judging them is ridiculous. That could be the reason why guys spend hundreds of hours approaching the wrong gals and wasting their time, and not knowing what's going on when the gals reject. Nothing wrong with these gals. I'm talking about gals who embodied and transcend stage blue. I have doubts that you're going to even get my point cause you made such simple statements. You can't just focus on the present moment when you don't know what's going on.

Ridicule means you still assign blame to others for there behaviours, but there is no ego to blame. They have no control or choice.

This is compassion, and a spiritual truth.

If you don't embody this, then youre not really enlightened

@Nickyy so are you saying that spending hundreds of hours and wasting your own time on approaching the wrong gals is full of compassion? And then, you go and spend money on PUA, and they teach you the same thing--nothing nuanced. Just saying some truths.

6 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

I think you totally misunderstood. Now, I'm talking about something nuanced, not shallow. Yes, approaching ppl, like gals, who embody "traditional" rules because they want to set certain healthy boundaries, and then judging them is ridiculous. That could be the reason why guys spend hundreds of hours approaching the wrong gals and wasting their time, and not knowing what's going on when the gals reject. Nothing wrong with these gals. I'm talking about gals who embodied and transcend stage blue. I have doubts that you're going to even get my point cause you made such simple statements. You can't just focus on the present moment when you don't know what's going on.

However, it's ok of you to feel the impulse to ridicule. You must be allowed to express your emotions in order to let them be integrated. But to claim you're more developed than others is inauthentic at this point 

On 10/31/2019 at 9:39 AM, Leo Gura said:

As the Buddha wisely pointed out 2500 years ago, all desire leads to suffering.

This is highly inaccurate and also a mistranslation. "Suffering arises from attachment to desires." That is, attachment to desires lead to suffering. Not the desires themselves.

Not having your desires met can certainly be painful, but luckily pain is not equal to suffering. It's quite beautiful, really.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

7 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

Ridicule means you still assign blame to others for there behaviours, but there is no ego to blame. They have no control or choice.

This is compassion, and a spiritual truth.

If you don't embody this, then youre not really enlightened

What you said here is not enlightenment at all. Enlightenment has nothing to do with what someone else thinks of you, or how you define ridiculous or compassion. :D

1 minute ago, Key Elements said:

@Nickyy so are you saying that spending hundreds of hours and wasting your own time on approaching the wrong gals is full of compassion? And then, you go and spend money on PUA, and they teach you the same thing--nothing nuanced. Just saying some truths.

Im sorry, but never said any of that stuff. My purpose here is to help people live in the now and help them live their lives. I never mentioned pick up. Pick up is egoic and nothing to do with genuine personal development. But if you need to have sex you need to have sex and there is nothing wrong with that. But trying to find real love in among a society that is mostly still egoic capitalists is hard work and probably impossible unless you find another person who's committed to pd

2 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

What you said here is not enlightenment at all. Enlightenment has nothing to do with what someone else thinks of you, or how you define ridiculous or compassion. :D

There is only one definition of ridiculous. It means you're open to ridiculing others because they don't live upto your personal ideals. You clearly hold people and yourself responsible for things. That means you haven't embodied a non dual principle. Which means you have some work to do on yourself 

@Nickyy I think everyone has the right to their own opinions. Calling out someone as enlightened or not is judging. Btw, you're off topic.

5 minutes ago, Commodent said:

This is highly inaccurate and also a mistranslation. "Suffering arises from attachment to desires." That is, attachment to desires lead to suffering. Not the desires themselves.

Not having your desires met can certainly be painful, but luckily pain is not equal to suffering. It's quite beautiful, really.

Exactly. You can have desire, and if nobody responds it's only a big deal to the ego, not to the true self that is timeless, because time is an illusion and desires come and go while the true self is always now with what arises, good or bad.

Well said. And thank you for challenging erroneous assumptions and distortions about Truth