Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maya_0

Looking for super cheap place to do solo meditation retreat

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knew of some super cheap accommodation, maybe in South East Asia, or somewhere warm, where I could live in a natural environment in a hut, tent, cave, cabin or some rustic housing ? I'm looking to spend less than $10 a day on accomodation. Primitive plumbing is ok ; as long as it doesn't have rotting structure and bugs coming out of holes in the floor! Prefer it to be somewhere quiet but not too far from where I could go buy food and provisions. 

I'm also not so much interested in attending a meditation centre because I want to follow my own schedule and practice. 

Thanks so much.

?

Thailand has really clean and good accommodation and a lot to choose from for $10. Do not book in advance though, prices for places online are much higher than if you look once you are there. Just stay away from tourist spots.

If you camp out near the beach in Hawaii that can be basically free.

Food is pricey in Hawaii though. But if you wanted to go real cheap you could live off rice/bread/junk food.

Tickets to Hawaii cost $800-$1000 from West Coast.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

does it make any sense that a flight from the us to hawaii is more expensive than to south east asia? i guess looking for meaning in this doesn`t really make sense, although a hut in thailand might be a little more expensive than three bucks per night. you could probably find something in brazil, too. there are plenty of beautiful places, question is what your main goal of the trip is, why do you even have to fly if you then just sit in a hut?