Ananta

I quit my job... now becoming a manager!

13 posts in this topic

So, like the title says, I quit my job. Well, in Jan. of this year I had enough and without having anything but a savings I just gave notice and quit. It felt right. Everyone sorta thought I was losing it. Maybe I was...

A little background, I'm a nurse. I was working as a home care coordinator at a hospital. Those jobs are rare, but I couldn't take my shitty boss any longer. I was trying to find something comparable and it just didn't work out. I was unemployed 4 mos, then had to just go back to patient care in the field as a home care nurse. I was a bit bummed, but made the best of it.

The first company I started at was just horrible, quit that place after 6 wks and got hired where I'm now at. I've worked there 4 mos (worked there 8 yrs ago) and I was asked to take a promotion to a clinical manager job that became open this month. Finally, a job that not only gives kudos for a job well done, but a raise, extra vacation time and I will be a boss.

Only bummer is I have to wait until they hire someone to replace me in the field, before I move into my new position, but hey, I'll take it.

So, sometimes you have to just do what you gotta do and pray it works out!

If you got through my long post, then thanks for reading. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Congratulation! Work hard and you will reap the benefits. 

that's horrible..

i'm so sorry for your loss

I've changed my account password to something I don't remember. 

I do not support actualized.org anymore

goodluck

@Pudgey Thanks!

@Proactive Well, its been rough, but there's a silver lining, so its okay!?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, Girzo said:

That's cool to hear!

Thank you! They have still been looking for a nurse to replace me, before a transition to my new leadership role, but I got a call last night that it might be happening soon. Fingers crossed.?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Shiva Thanks!

Here is the thing, this is new to me. The leadership stuff, because as home care coordinator, that I use to be, it wasn't really a leadership/manager job, just administrative.

The administrator (top dog) of this company just came to me and offered me the job. I didn't have to build any skills, lol. I was actually a bit surprised.

I have an extrovert, a bit perfectionist type personality,  but like my alone time and can also go with the flow too. I don't know how this will turn out. I'm hoping good and that I'll like it, but that's yet to be seen.

Good luck to you also!!!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 The one good thing about having to deal with shitty bosses is the learning curve on how not to behave once you get to a similar position. 

@Shiva You betcha!

@Nickyy This is true!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I'm a mental health nurse, but currently working in a non-clinical role. More of an employment coach, helping people who have been unemployed for a while, back into work and then supporting them to sustain their job. Most of these people have a chronic health condition.

Thinking back over the past 10-15 years, every job I've left, I've quit before lining up a new job. People think I'm crazy for doing that. But sometimes you just have to throw the cards up in the air, and see how they fall :)  Plus, I'm pretty shit at job searching and job hunting unless I put myself under a bit of pressure by first quitting the current job lol 

Anyway, I've always done it this way pretty much. Never been out of work, not even for one day. That could well be good fortune more than pure skill :D

2 hours ago, Bill W said:

I'm a mental health nurse

Sweet! I did this too, just for a short time. I would've stayed, I worked in-patient and loved it, but went on night shift and my body couldn't deal with nights.

t currently working in a non-clinical role. More of an employment coach

I would like this I think, sounds cool.

Thinking back over the past 10-15 years, every job I've left, I've quit before lining up a new job.

Ah, you like living on the edge, lol. I quit my first 2 nursing jobs without another job lined up, but quickly had another job, because I wasn't picky and i was a new grad so they didn't have to pay me top wages back then.

How you managed not being out of work for 1 day though is very impressive. Human resource alone with all the red tape, usually messes that up, for me at least.

Thanks for your reply?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Nice and Best wishes for your manager post...

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

2 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Nice and Best wishes for your manager post...

Thank you!❤

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?