Miavono

Kanye?

9 posts in this topic

As a musician I find it intriguing to follow other artists and see their perspectives and spiritual development. I can't figure Kanye out. what do you think? he's got some epic artistry and seems to be genuine about his purpose here but at the same time seems to gravitate towards controversial thinking for the sake of it. Where is he on the spiral? some things he says suggest green/maybe yellow, many others suggest purple red, blue and orange, depends on his mood.

He seems to have life experience that is unlike anyone else I can think of which would likely bring up some pretty profound thoughts and opportunities to awaken or at least grow spiritually, but the opportunity to get lost in ego, addiction and devilry also seems enormous. Part of me thinks that there's not really much to learn that is truly deep/ spiritually developed from him, but another part feels like there must be, but you just need to take his words with a pinch of salt.

It would be too easy to just criticize, and I get the obvious criticisms, but I feel there are some gems of wisdom in him somewhere among the crazy. 

what do you think?

He's one of my favorite musicians, watched many interviews and followed him through the years, and at the moment I'd say he's Stage Blue through and through. Occasionally he'll fall into Stage Red thinking (Yeezus), during his lower periods, but at the moment he's in a healthy version of Stage Blue. He was so close to being Green last year (Ye, Kids See Ghosts), but now the dogmatic religious thinking patterns from his College Dropout days are having a backlash.

I think he's more artistically developed than he is self-actualized. He's a brilliant artist, powerful speaker, and a really bright guy, but it's obvious he's got a lot of growth to do.

Edit: Just forgot to add that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is like the epitome of Stage Orange, like a pure Orange album

Edited by EternalForest

I'd say he's between orange and green.

I love the new album and his other projects too.

I think his relationship with God is real and we can learn from anybody. His music is genuine and has empowering messages!

I like Kanye despite what he says sometimes. We just have to be able to decipher if what he says is truth or not by meditating and contemplating on it. I personally started to pick up and read the Bible after he announced the album. There's definitely wisdom in there.

He seems to have a few screws loose. Maybe that's part of what makes him good at his art.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He seems to have a few screws loose.

The guy supports Trump soooo. . . . I guess Trumpists must be creative geniuses. :P

Has anyone considered him to be autistic? He’s also said to have a constant stream of ideas like Elon Musk

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

6 hours ago, see_on_see said:

Kanye West a good artist? LOL

He's only considered good in his own context, like all mainstream rappers. As a person, he's the musical equivalent of Donald Trump. 

Except Kanye is not a mainstream rapper.

@Display_Name  Kids see ghosts was fucking mindblowing, psychedelic trip in an album. The blend of genres, style and emotions was undeniably genius. Cudi and kanye ftw aha.