lmfao

Am I destined to be in a state of perpetual confusion?

10 posts in this topic

I did some inquiry and meditation today, examining thoughts like "I am thinking" and then asking myself "How do I know I am thinking?", or I would hold 3 fingers up on one hand and 2 fingers up on the other hand, asking myself how I know there is a difference between the two. And for whatever reason it created a shift for me and me realise how there's nothing to hold onto, and its stirred some negative emotions. I can't even recognise who or what I am, since thinking is so confused. I suppose I just have to go into those negative reactions.

At the end of the day, I'm just seeking psychological security. Why else would I have been motivated to do any of this? I say I want the truth, but I only say that I want the truth because wanting the truth is supposed to bring happiness. Obviously I've heard in theory that to seek security through fixed concepts in a world of flux is one of the main causes of misery. But to experience first hand how much work this sort of thing requires, how there's nothing to hold onto,  is a different thing. I just don't see how its possible to transcend the mind when it's so powerful. For reference, I haven't been meditating regularly for a few months now. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

There are alternatives to meditation, maybe some chanting, or practising mindfulness, or whatever. 

It isn't one size fits all, so explore widely and be creative. Obviously it isn't an intellectual exercise, so have some trust in your intuition. It doesn't involve ill-defined jargon and theories, so always question "deepities". It doesnt  involve grasping at beliefs, so try to keep an open mind. And it doesnt involve blind belief in gurus. 

I've found it helpful to view this as a journey of exploration, rather than as searching for some ill-defined "ultimate truth". 

Edited by Dinsdale

@Dinsdale

8 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

There are alternatives to meditation, maybe some chanting, or practising mindfulness, or whatever. 

It isn't one size fits all, so explore widely and be creative. Obviously it isn't an intellectual exercise, so have some trust in your intuition. It doesn't involve ill-defined jargon and theories, so always question "deepities". It doesnt  involve grasping at beliefs, so try to keep an open mind. And it doesnt involve blind belief in gurus. 

I've found it helpful to view this as a journey of exploration, rather than as searching for some ill-defined "ultimate truth". 

Yeah i should try different practices i suppose. Thanks for the advice sage. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

"Am I destined to be in a state of perpetual confusion?"

No you are not. In fact life is about finding your true Self and you cannot do otherwise. 

On 26.10.2019 at 3:02 PM, lmfao said:

I'm just seeking psychological security.

Everyone does. To face subconscious beliefs and to prove them wrong may be scary. But you are safe all the time. 

On 26.10.2019 at 3:02 PM, lmfao said:

I just don't see how its possible to transcend the mind when it's so powerful.

By seeking insight. Showing your mind the truth forces the mind to accept the truth, because it is the truth. Your mind will rewire itself and align to truth. There is really nothing for you to do but to look for the truth. 

Find out what gives you strength doing so. Know you are safe, trust, love. Recognize relief. See what you are doing it for. 

On 10/26/2019 at 9:02 AM, lmfao said:

I did some inquiry and meditation today, examining thoughts like "I am thinking" and then asking myself "How do I know I am thinking?", or I would hold 3 fingers up on one hand and 2 fingers up on the other hand, asking myself how I know there is a difference between the two. And for whatever reason it created a shift for me and me realise how there's nothing to hold onto, and its stirred some negative emotions. I can't even recognise who or what I am, since thinking is so confused. I suppose I just have to go into those negative reactions.

You might look at how it is that you can’t find the negative emotions...due to the fact that you’re creating them. Maybe look from that perspective...how am I creating this, right now

At the end of the day, I'm just seeking psychological security. Why else would I have been motivated to do any of this? I say I want the truth, but I only say that I want the truth because wanting the truth is supposed to bring happiness. Obviously I've heard in theory that to seek security through fixed concepts in a world of flux is one of the main causes of misery. But to experience first hand how much work this sort of thing requires, how there's nothing to hold onto,  is a different thing. I just don't see how its possible to transcend the mind when it's so powerful. For reference, I haven't been meditating regularly for a few months now. 

You can never transcend what you are in this moment creating, and referencing what you are creating, as something you need to transcend. It’ll never work. Psychological security, is that there isn’t any need for it to begin with. You’re on point about getting back to daily meditation. Much easier to see this when the ‘process’ is slowed down. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm How to deal with triggers?

Abusive People for example? 

“ If someone is raping your daughter. "Ofcourse you Will beat crap out of guy and call the police. 

♥️

Really curious. 

@zeroISinfinity

The other side of this wall is a thought.

You can never transcend what you are in this moment creating.

Make a cup of coffee for example...can’t understand it, understanding is creating it. 

If you had to understand to create, you could never create because there isn’t anything to understand. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm OK. 

Enjoy your Being One kiddo. Can't bare so much Love. Well it was worthy removing the "confused". 

Thanks. 

Hope so one Day when Self♥️ Realized  hippie chick enters my life with some magic ?‍♂️

@NahmLove you Thanks for your enormous help. Big big thanks. 

Meanwhile Just work for this World when All doors are open. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity