Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strangeloop

I'm an EGO

28 posts in this topic

God is a giant Ego, this giant ego spreads into pieces of ego which are each separate human and creature. So why kill yourself? Why kill the ego?

Leo said that ego is in a way but I don't think so. I otherwise do the opposite and work with my ego cultivating it nurturing it. I guess I'm just afraid of an ego backlash. Anyways if I'm the self which is the ego then killing it seems impossible cuz it's so strong

@Strangeloop your true nature is completely selfless and formless.   You have to dissolve your own selfishness to realize your true nature.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Isn't that going from one side to another from being selfish to being selfless, from being with form to being formless?

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Strangeloop your true nature is completely selfless and formless.   You have to dissolve your own selfishness to realize your true nature.  

you can't be selfless and alive in the same time.
good try.

@Aeris that's right.  That's why the ego dissolves with a mystical experience of the Absolute in which you are pure Being.

Back in the ego one has to strive to purify and embody.  No one said it was easy.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Strangeloop

You are confusing ego with infinite beings. LEO said that God split itself into trillions of pieces of ITSELF, but that is NOT ego. Ego is a person SENSE of self. Sense of Sense is a duality and is encapsulated by absolute infinity. In order for you to SENSE yourself, there must be NO-SELF, to begin with. Absolute Infinity doesn't have a PERSONAL IDENTITY since it is EVERYTHING. What you are trying to do is justify the survival of the ego, by claiming God is a GIANT EGO. Therefore, you are confusing what absolute infinity is and what the EGO is. They are two different things. 

@Pudgey Okay so then the ego is my physical body the human form, and the God part is everything around that human self including the human self

@Strangeloop

Exactly. God exists outside of concept but it is ALSO the concept. Ego is a concept constructed by the mind to give you a sense of identity. When you take a psychedelic or meditate for long hours, it can strip the mind-ego and you become everything. This "everything" (The Absolute) can only be experienced by you, it is not conceptual.  You cannot put it into the concept, but you can meditate and contemplate it or hack your way with DMT (or whatever other people here recommends - safely). 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The ego is to be integrated, not denied or abandoned. Guided into the light lovingly, with compassion and understanding.

It's quite ridiculous to think God would create ego in order to kill it mercilessly. That's nonsense.

Cowardly.

Ego is the soul in its most dormant phase of evolution. It is a sleeping God. It is important to identify the distinction, in order to be the guide we came here to be. This way the ego can surrender to divine guidance and everything can serve its purpose.

That's true, divinely orchestrated perfection and harmony. 

Edited by ivankiss

3 hours ago, Strangeloop said:

I otherwise do the opposite and work with my ego cultivating it nurturing it. I guess I'm just afraid of an ego backlash. 

You speak of the ego like it is your dog. 

What is the difference between “you” and “your ego”?

23 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

It's quite ridiculous to think God would create ego in order to kill it mercilessly. That's nonsense.

Who is saying that?  It is about getting the devilry out of the ego so that you can embody your true nature in its finite form.   IMO unless you work on these things it will be much harder to awaken to yourself - even if you took 5-MEO.   Then after awakening one can fall back into devilry so the work is just commencing.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Serotoninluv well if you looked into my mind you would see that there are multiple entities that are fighting between each other, you could call it collective ego doing it's work. 

Sure from a non-dual perspective I'm the ego and I'm not the ego also I'm God and I'm not God to add up I'm the difference between the two and the sameness between the two.

But from dual perspective God me dictates to the ego me and sometimes the ego becomes God and starts dictating the God which became the ego. 

It's crazy.

1 minute ago, Strangeloop said:

But from dual perspective God me dictates to the ego me and sometimes the ego becomes God and starts dictating the God which became the ego. .

You are creating these distinctions and story. It can have practical value in life and be amazing to explore, yet it is also imagination you are creating.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus here about what "ego" actually means. 

Sense of self? Invidual "me"? Something else? 

I'm also not sure what "God" means here. It sounds something like Hindu Brahman, but this is far from clear. 

Without some clarity and consensus about these terms, it's difficult to have a meaningful  discussion. 

Edited by Dinsdale

@Dinsdale It's very hard to distinct the ego from the self (if they are separate) and God. There's a lot of overlaps and crashes of boundaries that are happening once you really get deeply into this stuff

@Inliytened1 Who's saying that? An overwhelmed, dishonored and disrespected ego. 

Its just a tendency that can be easily developed if one gets too excited about "becoming God". Many view ego as some sort of an anomaly; an error, that needs to be deleted.

And that couldn't be further from truth.