Rasheed

Is peanut butter healthy?

22 posts in this topic

Is peanut butter healthy to eat? If not, what are alternatives? I have a choice of coconut creme instead, which one is better?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Rasheed It's probably one of the most healthy foods you could find.

Just make sure its a natural one. 

Good advice about buying natural one. I looked at the description of peanut butter which I bought lately, it is not natural. Next time I will make sure, I buy organic one. Thank you.

What's your opinion about coconut creme?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Rasheed If you go by google's nutritional facts, it seems to have a lot of saturated fats. But it also looks like it has some health benefits. 

In moderation it should be OK. I wouldn't over use it personally 

2 hours ago, fridjonk said:

@Rasheed If you go by google's nutritional facts, it seems to have a lot of saturated fats. But it also looks like it has some health benefits. 

In moderation it should be OK. I wouldn't over use it personally 

Thanks. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

3 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Eric berg always says crazy stuff. I don’t trust him. 

3 hours ago, Johnny said:

no

What is your alternative?

no, on a mechanical level imagine how long it takes for your stomach to process this cement/petroleum.

i went running after banana peanuts butter, i had stomach cramps and it was difficult to follow-up.

since that day, i thought never ever.

just 3-4 nuts a day is enough for me, of various kinds (it's high in carbs).

17 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

no, on a mechanical level imagine how long it takes for your stomach to process this cement/petroleum.

i went running after banana peanuts butter, i had stomach cramps and it was difficult to follow-up.

since that day, i thought never ever.

just 3-4 nuts a day is enough for me, of various kinds (it's high in carbs).

If it is organic one?

Yes it can be depending on your caloric needs, activity level, and when you consume it. I think its best kept in moderation because some negative effects can come from of the chemicals naturally produced by peanuts. I say listen to your body. If you live an active healthy life and you are craving it your body probably could use it.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Listen to YOUR body is the most important. Experiment with it. 

7 hours ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

It has a lot of omega 6 in it and will cause inflammation.

Not always the case

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

10 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Not always the case

Correct. It has a bad omega 6 to omega 3 ratio and that is the problem.

Hallå

5 hours ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

This applies to organic peanut butter as well?

On 10/27/2019 at 5:14 PM, fridjonk said:

Listen to YOUR body is the most important. Experiment with it. 

I Agree with you.

On 10/27/2019 at 9:33 AM, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Yes it can be depending on your caloric needs, activity level, and when you consume it. I think its best kept in moderation because some negative effects can come from of the chemicals naturally produced by peanuts. I say listen to your body. If you live an active healthy life and you are craving it your body probably could use it.

1000%

8 hours ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

This could pose problems to people with a slow metabolism but there are other factors that will determine whether too many omega 6s are bad. 

6 hours ago, Rasheed said:

This applies to organic peanut butter as well?

Yep! But it's WAYYY better to eat peanut butter that just contains peanuts and seasalt than the ones with vegetable(seed) oils and sugar.

Hallå