arletbode

How To Find Zones Of Genius?

18 posts in this topic

I downloaded the Big Leap book, hoping to find a way to figure out my zones of genius. However, I wasn't able to find it. How did you go about it?

I am also interested in this topic. I would like to now how you became aware which is your zone of genius. ?

@Ire @arletbode In the Big Leap there is on example in which on guy dies working himself to death.. The author told him to start doing what he loves at least one hour daily...  following your bliss would be the key to find your Zone of Genius, the Zone of Excellence is the one where you get comfortable and in which society wants you to be,

Even I didn't find how to find the Zone of Genius in the first reading, so reading it again.. Try to take down few notes if you can and do the exercises, follow the process and forget about the results.. (finding the Zone of Genius) 

Edited by Elton

I feel like I'm discovering my Zone of Genius and I realized a couple of Zones of Genius! I am deeply passionate for storytelling because I'm fascinated by tracing the origins of a folk tale or song like an anthropologist by studying different sources and folktale classifications. I love asking questions like "what makes a great story?" "what makes a story timeless or a cultural fad?" "what distinguishes an homage from a rip-off?" "how does storytelling connect to all intellectual domains?" "How can I master the art of storytelling?" My second zone of genius is deeply connecting with people on the Autism Spectrum or who feel like they don't belong in society.

Edited by Zane

On 5/26/2016 at 11:35 PM, arletbode said:

I downloaded the Big Leap book, hoping to find a way to figure out my zones of genius. However, I wasn't able to find it. How did you go about it?

what is a zone of genius?

On 5/26/2016 at 11:35 PM, arletbode said:

1 hour ago, charlie2dogs said:

what is a zone of genius?

A fancy name for Enlightenment?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

5 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

A fancy name for Enlightenment?

there is a huge misconception about enlightenment, there are no levels to enlightenment you are or you ain't , there is no inbetween, 

@charlie2dogs Interesting. Is it possible that people call that way when you begin "walking the path" like "levels to enlightenment" but they are not really levels?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

5 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

@charlie2dogs Interesting. Is it possible that people call that way when you begin "walking the path" like "levels to enlightenment" but they are not really levels?

as i said before there are no levels to self realization ( enlightenment) they talk about levels because they have no understanding of what it really is, and what happens when one is,  what most are experiencing is personal growth.  Personal growth may never lead to enlightenment, meditation may never lead to enlightenment.  Most of this site is not about enlightenment, or attaining enlightenment, it is about dealing with issues of the human identity.  You can deal with human identity issues forever and you may never be enlightened.  Enlightenment isnt about personal growth, its about being and functioning as something other than the human identity.  Most will refute this but it will do no good, because most are not enlightened, and in this world of religious fanaticism, newageism, and liberalism, warped thinking, the world has tainted the word enlightenment until anyone can be on a level of enlightenment.  Those who are know better, and you cant tell those who have a belief based on speculation, and other people's thoughts and ideas. Most of the people writing and talking about enlightenment , are not enlightened,  this may sound harsh and judgmental but sometimes reality will seem harsh in the face of nonsense, belief, programing, speculation about things that humans know nothing about.   As for the path, there is none that is another misconception, where do these paths lead, when are you supposed to reach your destination, most have no expectation of arrival of the path that they are on because they have been taught, that its about levels. journeys, and paths. How can one go to a place they know nothing about, when everything they know came from others, most of whom didn't know just like them.  I have written a lot of things on this site but not once was it about taking a journey, a path, level, it is always about one thing, and that is self realization and how to attain it.  I know there are a few who have considered those things, and they will profit from it, the rest will hold on to their beliefs.  Beliefs are the most destructive thing you can put your hand on, it imprisons you for a very long time most often. 

There are two kinds of experience, one is the experience of the human identity, which is always controlled by programing, false belief and the warped perception created by those two.  Then there is the experience of the awakened being, they can see the reality without programing, false belief, and warped perception destroying it before it can be experienced.  So looking at experience one should  examine  the quality of it and where it came from and what perception influenced it.  For the human identity this is hard stuff to face, and most likely impossible for most but for the few who can, mastery awaits them.

For the few, the mundane answers of this world will not fulfill the desire to know the reality of themselves, and the world and universe around them, and to experience liberation in a way that everything outside of them is not what controls them and their destiny.

@charlie2dogs  Thank you very much for your response. Very rich and it makes a lot of sense. There are like 2 schools of thought (or that I heard) that one says you have to do nothing to become enlightened, because we are already it, but we can't perceive it.

And another one which says you have to make the best effort until you realize that there's nothing you can do and you surrender really (not your personality surrendering, like a fake surrender) and when you really surrender you get enlightenment.

What do you think about that, I really would like to know what to do, or not - do. Thanks for your time!

I appreciate it.

I forgot to mention, I agree about the belief. I have a lot of limiting beliefs. I was thinking in personal growth as a way to eliminate some of those limiting belief and in that way maybe I can "see" better and understand what enlightenment is about.

Thanks again!

5 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

....the experience of the awakened being, they can see the reality without programing, false belief, and warped perception destroying it before it can be experienced. 

Charlie.  I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your presence here. Your instruction to just sit and become one with the life force is the best teaching I've had on this "path".  

I cannot fathom some of your experiences, but I have a personal policy that nothing is nonsense and that nothing need be ruled out.  Your life is your life and others may not understand it, I don't, but this is not a reflection of you, but them. 

Thanks again 

Mal

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

@charlie2dogs  Thank you very much for your response. Very rich and it makes a lot of sense. There are like 2 schools of thought (or that I heard) that one says you have to do nothing to become enlightened, because we are already it, but we can't perceive it.

And another one which says you have to make the best effort until you realize that there's nothing you can do and you surrender really (not your personality surrendering, like a fake surrender) and when you really surrender you get enlightenment.

What do you think about that, I really would like to know what to do, or not - do. Thanks for your time!

I appreciate it.

if we were already enlightened doesn't it stand to reason we would know it, how can you be enlightened and not know it.  the second one is contradictory, why would you make the best effort you could only to realize that there is nothing you can do.  neither of these really  make a lot of sense, but only leads to more confusion.

we existed as consciousness before this body.  we as consciousness was not born.  we were instrumental in the creation of this body to experience this physical existence in.  After taking up the body, because of programing, and being taught many false beliefs, and our desires it gave us a warped perception of everything, in this happening we as consciousness became lost so to speak in the human identity believing that the identity is who we are and we continually reinforced that and some of that has to do with quantum memory, that which was rooted in the consciousness when it took up this body .  it seems that for some, there is an awakening that begins within consciousness at some point,  events of many kinds, including pain, suffering, fear in the identity body could trigger the awakening process.  for most that is a long drawn out process that requires a very long time, and that is due to many things,  we have a lot of people trying to teach about self realization that have never experienced it, that creates a lot of confusion for many people and hinders them. Much of it is done to make money, recognition.  when a spark is lit within consciousness, a process of awakening begins.  there begins to be this struggle and this struggle includes the identity body,  to understand the reality of life, the world around us, the universe, and who and what we really are,  this may not happen to many, i call them the few.  for these there seems to be a desire within the consciousness that continues to spark the awakening, and this is reflected within the identity body.  the body is the reflection of consciousness, 

the identity, with its programing, false belief, warped perceptions, and many desires has the ability to resist the urges of consciousness to awaken.  this may be hard to grasp, but in my own experience, consciousness was attempting to awaken within me long before it did,  at the time what it was bringing was of no interest to me or i gave it no place to expand, as i had my own desires to fulfill and i was heavily programed and had a major belief system in place.  it is said that many are called but few are chosen, consciousness calls many,, many times, but that call isnt responded to by the human identity by very many,  for all the reasons i gave above.  The few begin to work with consciousness in a very real way, then growth begins to speed up, and more awakening occurs.  If the identity body is able to embrace this and seek to experience the real part of itself it will lead to self realization.  This is not easy to put into words its more complicated than you can write in a couple paragraphs, but i tried to condense it to give you an idea of this process.

Now forget everything i have written.  Where are you in this right now, what is happening within you, has a spark been lit, that has caused you to begin to awaken, to know the reality of yourself and the world around you, to really know.  If the answer is yes, then what is the most important thing that you can do to ensure success and attain your highest potential in this life.

Self realization or as some call it enlightenment, is when you no longer are under the control of the identity body with its ego, and desires of the flesh but rather you are functioning from your place of realness, and that is consciousness, a being of consciousness instead of a human identity.  You begin to see with clarity, you will see what others can't see, you will experience peace and you will be able to experience joy in your life.  So how to get to this place,  working on personal growth is great, but that dont mean you will ever become enlightened or self realized.  You get to that place when you can embrace the life force within you and be one with it, and when that happens you will be experiencing the moment of life, in a fully conscious and present space of being within that moment. so if you want to practice, practice this, work at being in the moment, there and aware, and work at being quiet and still and experiencing the life force within you.  at some point a shift will occur within you, you will shift from the human identity to the being of consciousness, you will have returned home to your true state of being.  in one of the bibles it says that man fell from his first estate, what was that, it wasn't the human identity, it was what was before it.

This short text cannot do this subject justice, its impossible to do but i have tried to give you a brief glimpse of what i have experienced in this short space.  The paragraph above this one is all you need. the rest is unimportant and will only lead to confusion if you are not careful because it will conflict with what you know, believe, and have been taught.  the goal is liberation and self realization, not dissecting philosophies, doctrines, beliefs, and religions.

2 hours ago, Mal said:

Charlie.  I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your presence here. Your instruction to just sit and become one with the life force is the best teaching I've had on this "path".  

I cannot fathom some of your experiences, but I have a personal policy that nothing is nonsense and that nothing need be ruled out.  Your life is your life and others may not understand it, I don't, but this is not a reflection of you, but them. 

Thanks again 

Mal

you are welcome mal

@charlie2dogs  Thank you very much! I really appreciate  a lot the time you took for the explanation. Thanks, I am really grateful because of your very detailed explanation, it really cleared my mind in a lot of things.

My ego part wants to say things about experiences that I had, but I think it will ruin the thread hehehe... that's more maybe for my journal in the journal area of the forum.

I am here more to be quiet and listen, learning from everyone, thanks again Charlie.

Very much appreciated your help.

Sorry, something came to my mind. I came here to this forum more to try to improve my business and make more money and now I am feeling that that's not important at all.

Thanks again.

I was reading again your writings @charlie2dogs  and I think this  is what I needed to understand

" If the identity body is able to embrace this and seek to experience the real part of itself it will lead to self realization."

and this:

"work at being in the moment, there and aware, and work at being quiet and still and experiencing the life force within you"

I will work more on being still and quiet and follow the life force.

Thanks a lot!