Peanut

Pain beneath shoulder blades after workout

13 posts in this topic

Hi! After workout and sometimes during workout i get alot of pain just beneath the shoulder blades, someones posted about a similar problem on reddit with this image but he only got the tip to stretch more. I seem to have the same problem but only beneath the shoulders, so the two lower circles basically. Pls help:(Yl5Udqn.jpg

@Peanut You need to do more rotator cuff exercises, thoracic mobility, strict form rows, chest stretching etc. Check out athlean x. 

@Peanut

Try this Routine:

Main Exercises

Overhead Squat (Thoracic Mobility)

Wide-Grip Cable Rows

Face Pulls

On an incline bench:

Super-Set

W-Raises

Y-Raises

T-Raises

Stretching

Neck Stretching

Pectoral Stretching 

@Peanut stretch more lol. And be aware of how you’re sitting in your daily life. Do you hunch over? Are you even aware that you’re hunched over? Do you sit all day at a desk or..? 

@Red-White-Light Careful about telling someone to do an overhead squat when the vast majority of non-athletes don't have the mobility or motor control to do one correctly without injuring themselves, will just make his shoulder related problem worse. You need maximal ankle hip shoulder and thoracic mobility to do one.

@Peanut Look into shoulder external rotation exercises, scapular retraction and depression

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

What a coincidence. I'm having the same. 

Could I call it synchronicity? xD

Edited by Kidorikko

Thanks for The replys. 

Will chek out The exercises. @MeditationdudeI do yoga like 1h a Day... I used to sit at a desk all Day for like 7 yrs or something. Now i started exercising alot, running, yoga but keep geting this schoulder pain and it is geting worse and worse. But you are right ofcourse i do sit hunched over alot still. 

@Kidorikko

Haha Who knows. I deffentely encourage you to take care of this and take it seriously as it dose get worse and worse. Im at The point where i cant really do any other excercie untill i fixed this. 

8 hours ago, Peanut said:

Thanks for The replys. 

Will chek out The exercises. @MeditationdudeI do yoga like 1h a Day... I used to sit at a desk all Day for like 7 yrs or something. Now i started exercising alot, running, yoga but keep geting this schoulder pain and it is geting worse and worse. But you are right ofcourse i do sit hunched over alot still. 

@Kidorikko

Haha Who knows. I deffentely encourage you to take care of this and take it seriously as it dose get worse and worse. Im at The point where i cant really do any other excercie untill i fixed this. 

I also do yoga and work out. This combo might be to blame.

Do you alternate between workout and yoga days?

Also, what asanas do you usually perform? For how long have been doing yoga? 

There is certainly a link between scapular pain and yoga plus workout plus prolonged sitting. xD

On 10/25/2019 at 1:03 PM, Red-White-Light said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise It's not dangerous if done progressively, like most exercises. The overhead squat fixes so many imbalances which is why it's so effective.

Thats not the point, you a prescribing an overhead squat to fix a shoulder problem, when so many other factors go into the mobility to get into position to do one, it is indirect and will most likely cause more problems if attempted by a person that isnt experienced in doing it.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

26 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise Since when did functional movement patterns create problems? ?

Lol, any movement can create a problem for certain people who arent ready for the movement. Regardless of how functional or beneficial it is if done correctly.

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise