The Don

Wow! My depression is gone.

15 posts in this topic

Hello.

A lot of you guys know me and what I've been going through lately. It's called The Dark Night of the Soul.

"The Dark Night of the Soul" represents darkness, sorrow, and despair. Some people associate it with a meaningless life.

When you meditate for longer periods of time, The Dark Night of the Soul (depression, sorrow, sadness, meaninglessness and so forth) may strike you but don't worry; it's not a bad thing. It will go away gradually if you keep yourself mindful and conscious of the whole process. It will go away if you let it be without resistance and just observe the sensations in your body, your feelings, and your thoughts. It's important not to take it seriously in the sense that you don't have to identify yourself with being depressed or sad.

The trick is to be mindful all the time, even when nothing seems clear.

This article can be helpful to people who meditate: https://www.shambhala.com/snowlion_articles/purification-dreams-aches-turbulence-and-other-signs-of-progress/

This one as well: https://jackkornfield.com/purification-the-gateway-to-higher-states/

On the other hand, my consciousness has shifted. It's a beautiful thing and it's a lot to handle but in a good way.

There are lots of benefits that come when you raise your consciousness with (a) meditation practice:

- reading without being distracted;

- having clear thoughts;

- having NO brain fog;

- writing without being distracted;

-  watching a video without your mind wandering all the time;

- your inner resistance to study disappear;

- you feel better in your own body;

And a lot more. I'll stop here.

When you go through difficult times, come back to this topic and read it again, again and again.

Peace and well being to all of you. :)

Me on the road less traveled.

Thank u a lot for ur story ❤️ I appreciate and I resonate with it! I hope u will have great days and blissed joy

1 minute ago, Fede83 said:

Thank u a lot for ur story ❤️ I appreciate and I resonate with it! I hope u will have great days and blissed joy

You are welcome! It's great when you can help unhappy people become happy.

That’s great! Enjoy the feeling :)

Now you got the “guns” to use just in case it happens again. Every problem has a solution. ;)

I have an opinion on everything :D

Good for you. Keep practicing. Dark night has a tendency to return.

Nice one...stay present, grateful and accepting of the current situation.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@The Don aye similar thing happened with me. Except I wasn't depressed I was just psychotic. It's an incredibly strong motivator to continue the path for me. If I stop, I suffer

3 hours ago, Aaron p said:

It's an incredibly strong motivator to continue the path for me.

Yeah. I'm not afraid of depression anymore. Nothing scares me anymore.

I have the ability to understand and observe any negative emotion that influences how we perceive reality.

When you have a bad day, it's not because of you; it's because of a negative emotion. That's a powerful insight.

Anyway, as I was reading an article, I stumbled upon this quote from the Buddha:

Who is your enemy? Mind is your enemy. No one can harm you more than a mind untrained. Who is your friend? Mind is your friend. Nothing can help you more that a trained mind, not even your loving parents. —Buddha

It tells you everything you need to know about the mind.

Edited by The Don
To correct something. A bug.

@The Don uyou mentioned that to be conscious all thet ime even if it doesn’t seems clear... but I am not able to... I will be knowing buy I will end up sticking and sad to the stories in my thought.

?IngitScooby ?

Human emotions have the potential to influence your perception of reality. In fact, they do.

Human emotions come and go. They are like entities in existence, wanting to survive. They are like visitors, they come and go.

When you are depressed, remind yourself that it's temporarily. Your depression will go away.

Now, take into consideration the fact that it's very hard to perceive reality objectively when you're depressed. It feels like "your depression" will never go away. You are so discouraged... You don't know what to do.

Some emotions like sadness, gloominess, and despair are associated with depression and they tell you that life is meaningless. When they bubble up, your reality is very dark. You need to be conscious of that so they won't influence you too much.

When those kinds of emotions go, reality becomes bright and beautiful.

On the other hand, your emotions are telling you something. Just be conscious of what they're trying to tell you. Don't react against them. Don't suppress them. Let them come; let them go. Be just a spectator. Don't identify yourself with your emotions. Just let them have their course. Let your emotions manifest as they like while you're just a spectator. At some point, they will pass...

Thank you❤

I've had much success in work and business recently, but shitty luck in emotional stability and relationships. It's really torn me up and Im struggling daily. So, thanks for the reminders.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?