Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmcnicho

I Feel Like There's Very Little Truth in This World

8 posts in this topic

I just see ego and lies all around me.  I've been considering different career paths, and everything seems to boil down to manipulating people in order to get some money.  Money is completely meaningless anyway, and people spend it on silly things.  You can survive pretty comfortably on $30,000 a year, so I don't see why people want more than that.

So much suffering is inflicted upon people and we're doing so much damage to our future.  And the thing is most people aren't actively malevolent, they're just either too lazy to pay attention or just don't care.

Politics is so full of shit.  Even people I agree with are full of shit in their own way.  We have so much work to do collectively, but very little of it is getting done.  I feel like the world is a giant machine of ego and devilry and everything I could do would just feed back into it.

Even those who oppose the system end up being a controlled opposition, to appease everyone else and give them false hope.  It's gotten to the point where I just don't want to do anything.  I'm not depressed, I love myself and I love life. I just don't want to be manipulated by the system.

There's so many lies, I'm just looking for truth.  I've been reading lots of great books, but no source is a hundred percent pure.  I sometimes lose motivation to read something when I realize it's only giving me a partial perspective.

I feel like 99% of people over 30 have sold their soul to society.  They have bad marriages, mediocre kids, meaningless jobs and are content to waste their entire lives.  I'm in my early twenties now and get so much terrible advise.  I'm conscious enough to reject it, because I feel like the modern world has descended into total nihilism.

I can't imagine myself becoming like the people I see around me, but don't see viable alternatives.  I absolutely love life, but I'd happily die to avoid becoming a slave.

Maybe that's the key to finding truth: 

Put meaning ahead of survival

For what it's worth, I can relate pretty well to what you're saying here. I'm in a similar spot in my life. Parents want me to pursue either a college degree or some sort of apprenticeship, but to me it's all the same basically because in every way imaginable, it would all be totally wasted time for me, time spent on doing something that I don't want to do, that I see no value or true purpose in. 

Obviously when I told them that I'd put all that I have into something that I'm actually passionate about and that does have some purpose to it (at least for me) like writing books or making good music, they wouldn't support that because it's not "serious" or "safe" enough. But kinda like you, I would have loved to tell them that I would rather die than doing anything else than writing my first book (which I have now finally accomplished and which (the book) I'm about a month away from publishing) because it really is that important to me - but obv. if I would have told them that, they wouldn't have been able to understand or relate in any way and probably just would have thought that I went completely insane. 

But whatever.... I guess you just need to find something through which you really want to- and can provide something genuinely meaningful and valuable to the world and then follow through on that 101%.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

2 hours ago, bmcnicho said:

I just see ego and lies all around me.  I've been considering different career paths, and everything seems to boil down to manipulating people in order to get some money.  Money is completely meaningless anyway, and people spend it on silly things.  You can survive pretty comfortably on $30,000 a year, so I don't see why people want more than that.

So much suffering is inflicted upon people and we're doing so much damage to our future.  And the thing is most people aren't actively malevolent, they're just either too lazy to pay attention or just don't care.

Politics is so full of shit.  Even people I agree with are full of shit in their own way.  We have so much work to do collectively, but very little of it is getting done.  I feel like the world is a giant machine of ego and devilry and everything I could do would just feed back into it.

Even those who oppose the system end up being a controlled opposition, to appease everyone else and give them false hope.  It's gotten to the point where I just don't want to do anything.  I'm not depressed, I love myself and I love life. I just don't want to be manipulated by the system.

There's so many lies, I'm just looking for truth.  I've been reading lots of great books, but no source is a hundred percent pure.  I sometimes lose motivation to read something when I realize it's only giving me a partial perspective.

I feel like 99% of people over 30 have sold their soul to society.  They have bad marriages, mediocre kids, meaningless jobs and are content to waste their entire lives.  I'm in my early twenties now and get so much terrible advise.  I'm conscious enough to reject it, because I feel like the modern world has descended into total nihilism.

I can't imagine myself becoming like the people I see around me, but don't see viable alternatives.  I absolutely love life, but I'd happily die to avoid becoming a slave.

Maybe that's the key to finding truth: 

Put meaning ahead of survival

It seems to me that the opposite is true. Those of us at stage orange aren't in nihilism, most people I see are very happy, motivated and have varying degrees of purpose. Spirituality threw me deeply into nihilism and meaninglessness but that's just an ego reaction to it. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Yep that's relatable the worst part is feeling of helplessness and not finding your place in the society.

Everything is bullshit on some level. It is all fake, illusion, no one is out there, just you. If by some magic everyone lost their ego, we would all become very robotic, it would be boring as it gets. I think God is looking for more than boring robots to incarnate as. God loves all the BS, it defines who God is. 

Duality;

"Imagine that you are in a white room with white walls and a white ceiling with no corners. Imagine you were suspended in the middle of this room by some invisible force. You are dangling there in mid air, you cannot touch anything nor hear anything and all you see is whiteness. How long do you think you will exist in your own experience? Pretty soon you would literally leave your mind. Your mind is the part of you that is concerned with making sense of all incoming data. Without any data incoming your mind has nothing to do. The moment you go out of your mind you cease to exist in your own experience, you don’t know anything in particular about yourself. Are you big? Are you small? You cannot know because there is nothing outside of yourself with which to compare yourself. Are you good, are you evil, you cannot know. Are you even here? You cannot know because there is nothing over there. You cannot know anything about yourself in your own experience. You can conceptualize it all you want, but you cannot experience it.

Then something happens to change all this. Their appears a tiny dot on the wall. It’s as if someone has come along and squirted the wall with a tiny dot of ink. The dot has saved you. Now there is something else, there is you and the dot on the wall. Suddenly you can make some decisions again, you can have some experiences again. The dot is over there, that means you must be over here. The dot is smaller than you so you are bigger than it. You are starting to define yourself again in relationship to the dot on the wall. Your relationship with the dot soon becomes sacred because it has given you back a sense of yourself. Now a kitten comes in the room. You don’t know who is doing all this but you are grateful. Because now some more decisions can be made. The kitten appears softer, but you appear smarter.  It is faster but you are stronger. More things  begin appearing in the room and you begin to expand your definition of self. Then it dawns on you….. only in the presence of something else can you know yourself, this something else is that which you are not. Thus in the absence of what you are not, that which you are, is not.

You have remembered an enormous truth, and you vow never to forget it again. You welcome every other person place and thing in your life with open arms. You reject none of it because you see now that all that appears in your life is a blessing. Presenting you with a greater opportunity to define who you are and to know yourself as that."

Play well my friends

David

17 hours ago, bmcnicho said:

Every thing is a partial truth. Everything is Truth. 

It is super common for the mind to seek Absolute Truth in a perceptual relative world. Conflating absolute and relative often causes inner turmoil. 

Tell me whats bad about manipulation?

Why do you need people to be truthful and honest? Can you let go of that need?

In the end you cant change the outside. Your are the only variable you can change.

Life is always fair.  

Whatever things you want to fix or change will require you to expand beyond your limits and transcend yourself.  As you go through the journey you will begin to develop more compassion for the things you used to judge.  

Edited by Tanz