GGG

Dealing with people who try to sabotage your road to self actualization

38 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has advice on how to deal with people who try to knock you off your path to self realization/development. I have had enough experiences in life to know that whenever I start to work on myself and gain momentum, whether it be career/life purpose, dating, finances, etc, there will be people who try to sabotage it. This is usually done unconsciously on their part. But reflecting on my past, it seems that it is almost inevitable that I will run into these people as soon as i gain momentum and try to change my life. Maybe it is something internal I need to work on. Please share any advice/wisdom that you have regarding this.

Thank You.

Cut such people out of your life. Simple.

Unless you're making it up as an excuse. In which case that's your shadow at work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yea cut em off. Pretty quickly you'll realize that you are in a different reality. & others are still stuck in the past. Seems so far in the past. As if time stop for them. It became unrelatable.

It is highly related to karma too. & relativity..

"...in their ears is deafness, and it is upon them blindness. They are (as if) being called from a place far distant ..." 41:44

Edited by Angelite

EVERY experience is a gift, even if it may appear otherwise, take it with grace for 'thoughts' don't change WHAT IS

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

@GGG There's only one person who can make you go offtrack.

EXACTLY. Sometimes you gotta take responsibility and give yourself the ol one-two Mayweather (just don't forget to assist in your own recovery! xD

@GGG Me too. everyone you know is your light and dark side of you. Observe it, learn from it, gratitude about it and change it. 

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Unless you're making it up as an excuse. In which case that's your shadow at work.

Wow. @Leo Gura, it feels cool that you read and answered my question. Thank you.

Yes, the inner resistance to change is a factor I need to consider as well. It seems that many of us are fighting change inside and out. This is some fruit for thought.

11 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@GGG There's only one person who can make you go offtrack.

Good point. Keeping focus on what needs to be done, regardless of circumstance, is crucial.

Edited by GGG

Unless you plan to move into a cave, this is life. I deal with most of them with compassion as best I can. But in general, move away from too much fear coming your way. There are some people I avoid as best I can, but at work and other places there is just no way "all the time" to avoid the ego's out there. 

I say things like "we just don't think the same way" rather than argue my point. If they were ready we would not argue so they are not ready if they want to argue, let them go. It is their path and they can walk it any way they wish. 

Additionally I try to learn from them. I find most people who annoy me are reflecting something back that I need to look at within myself, perhaps all people who annoy me are doing this. Use all experiences as a tool, it takes away their power and allows you to be mindful when dealing with them. The experience is there to evolve you. Not to annoy you as it seems. I also know when I am annoyed, it is my ego not my real awareness I am dealing with. The idea that "others" even exist is my ego talking to me, "they" become "us" when I get out of the ego. 

You can get more out of someone who seems against you, than anyone who seems with you. By more I mean growth, expansion, become who you really are. Not some petty ego who allows others to control him. Duality has its purpose. It is in the figuring out what you are not that you will become what you are. You cannot be tall unless you know short, at least as an idea. You are not this or that, you are in truth defining yourself as what you are not. So now you noticed more things you are not, you are not the person who stops others from growing...right? You are defining yourself all the time, it is part of what you are here to do. Don't miss a chance to notice what you are not, it is in these concepts you will figure out what you are.

The real growth in me was when I started to release all that I thought I was, the "I" death. When others damage you, it is your ego that is doing all the damage.

The more you think you are a you, you have this persona to keep safe and take care of.

The less you believe in the you, you have built up, the less this will happen in general. 

Play well my friends

David

I saw this a few days ago: 

IMG_20191024_134139.jpg

Sometimes reality simply won't let you grow.

There's nothing you can do about it.

IMG_20191024 st.jpg

This plant is lucky that i've noticed it. What if I didn't?

It is their nature to move towards the Sunlight..

People appear in your life so you could realize the truth which you are. Even the people who want you to pull you off the path are merely testing the validity and the degree of truth which you have realized. I like to affirm it before I walk away. Because then I can be sure that I do not break the code. It would be stupid to leave it within to rotten because it serves everyone from not leaving the room dumber when they entered it. It doesn't really matter which room you enter and who is in there, it is always the case. 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:57 AM, Thewritersunion said:

@GGG what do they do?

Oh man.... I think I can write a book about the things that people do to sabotage/stifle your personal growth/success. Mostly it seems that these behaviors are caused by envy or people comparing themselves to you and using you as a measuring tool for their success.

Currently, I am more concerned with work/biz environments where people tend to compete for things like promotions/sales/clients/etc. I've worked in toxic places before and prefer to remove myself from such environments but most parts of the business world are competitive and it is hard to maintain the "creative" paradigm sometimes.

The same thing applies to dating. I can think back to past friends who would unconsciously try to hinder my success because they did not want to see me get more girls or better girls than them. I am conscious enough to get rid of such people now, but that was not always the case.  

What some of the answers provided here made me consider is my own part in these relationships I am complaining about and how I end up in them, though sometimes I do not have a choice (ex:family). The idea of how our environment is a reflection of our own selves rings a bell a bit -- I also have an ego that has worldly desires and possibly have had a similar effect on other people without even realizing it. And, perhaps, blaming other people for lack of personal success is also something I am doing.

Maybe these are all life lessons for me to learn from, but we have finite time on earth and these lessons are costly.

Thanks for all of your answer BTW. :)

And today, I force it out

IMG_20191025_095923.jpg

IMG_20191024_124443.jpg

Slightly above it is this yellow leaf :

IMG_20191024_123745.jpg

I think it's dying. 

IMG_20191024_122954.jpgIMG_20191024_123005.jpg

#storyofmyplant~

Edited by Angelite

On 10/22/2019 at 6:43 PM, GGG said:

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has advice on how to deal with people who try to knock you off your path to self realization/development.

It is you which gives mind to this. Your nextdoor neighbor doesn’t have a care in the world about it - because he’s not believing the thoughts like you are. The universe will continue to deliver to you in kind, with this similar event again and again, as a kind and loving teacher, teaching you there is no assertion. You have to give up your past to realize the difference. 

I have had enough experiences in life to know that whenever I start to work on myself and gain momentum, whether it be career/life purpose, dating, finances, etc, there will be people who try to sabotage it.

But not yet enough experience to realize the projection of past onto present at play, which is facilitating your future deterministically right under your nose. The past is not an indicator of the future when it comes to perspective, it is the inhibitor. One perspective is, there is no certainty in the future at all. Another is that there is complete certainty of the future - because you’ll be there, and you’ll be bringing the best of you. That much can be known, and no more is ever needed. 

This is usually done unconsciously on their part.

The way you are perceiving this is unconsciously, via conditioning / identification. 

But reflecting on my past,

Why though? Really. 

it seems that it is almost inevitable that I will run into these people as soon as i gain momentum and try to change my life.

So what. Neighbor doesn’t care. Why do you? Do you really need validation, approval, etc, from them? I don’t think you do actually. 

Maybe it is something internal I need to work on. Please share any advice/wisdom that you have regarding this.

Stop judging them, and you are no longer creating the problem, and there is then no need of a solution. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, GGG said:

@Angelite I like your plant. What is it??

Joe...you're so not deep

IMG_20191026_081038.jpg

A plant that crystallize~ [re:giving you infinite insights about everything]

~~

Before the Buddha reached enlightment the demon mara kept trying to stop him until he realized the demon was himself the entire time. 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:31 AM, Leo Gura said:

How would you cut unconscious forum members out without banning them? By ignoring them?

On 10/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, Nahm said:

@Nahm How do I reach a point where I am not judging people? Also, I think it is important to judge people...