Joel3102

Richard Dawkins on Joe Rogan

34 posts in this topic

@emind Yes, bitter indeed. Even if Dawkins did DMT or had a strong psychedelic experience where duality collapsed I don't think it would matter honestly. He has decades of his energy and beliefs put into his work. He would call it an interesting experience and construct a theory on how it happened in his brain. There is way too much pride involved, he would not be able to overcome it. The ironic thing is that he says that science is open and celebrates new discoveries while not realizing he has been stagnating for decades.

It's funny that he says that he doesn't want to try psychedelics but he is thiking of maybe take them on his deathbed. 

Imagine if he did that and had a mystical experience. He would scream inside:  "NOOOOOO!!!!!"

xD

He has a very beautiful tie

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

On 10/22/2019 at 0:51 PM, Leo Gura said:

Forgive him father, for he knows not what he says.

Life is magical.

Everything seems a miracle.

Reality is beyond me.

Reality is beyond my comprehension.

Reality is beyond psychedelics.

There is more to reality than consciousness; consciousness is just a limited aspect of reality.

Me on the road less traveled.

This is a good example of the limits of Orange rationalism. Dawkins is a high level Orange when it comes to genetics and evolution. Yet when it comes to trans-rational existentialism - like consciousness he is contracted and at a low level. With his attitude, toxic orange.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:47 PM, Scholar said:

This is the kind of person who would have been preaching catholicism during the "enlightenment" revolution, scoffing at the ignorance of the anti-churchlings. Exact same tone of voice, exact same pose, just that the story is a different one.

You absolutely nailed it.  

I wish for joy in his life  
Suffering from another persons thoughts is not a healthy way of living  

I couldn’t quite finish the podcast either before I had to go have another listen to this one.   The Q&A session is maybe the best part because it’s some unique material.   

Really the ultimate reply to Dawkins’ arguments.

I listened maybe 3/4 of the podcast. I agree that Dawkins has a very stagnant world view and can be annoyingly one-dimensional in his thinking (spiritual/religious person = deluded, prone to be a terrorist, not able to handle science or any kind of rational thinking 

materialist = mature and modern person, can be allowed to be a scientist/science teacher).

He had an interesting thought about similar religions being the most hostile towards each other. That seems to be true at least regarding monotheistic religions. I wonder would same apply to Hinduism vs. Buddhism?

Similar sub-sciences also tend to be the most hostile to one another.

Survival = differentiation

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:31 AM, Nahm said:

@Esoteric Remember watching the debates...and being all “yeah Richard! Tell those idiots what’s up!”. 

Haha me ?

Thank God I'm not an atheist anymore. I used to listen to him, now I cringe listening to him.

15 minutes ago, nahtanoj said:

Thank God I'm not an atheist anymore. I used to listen to him, now I cringe listening to him.

Now you just have to realize that he and all atheists are you ;)

Then you will cringe at the shadow you've made of him. That's the double mindfuck here.

Judging ignorance is still ignorance.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Now you just have to realize that he and all atheists are you ;)

Then you will cringe at the shadow you've made of him. That's the double mindfuck here.

Judging ignorance is still ignorance.

Yowza! Life’s a fucking trip lol