traveler

Have you guys met the gateless gate?

32 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, traveler said:

I have no idea what kensho or satori is

From zen Buddhism. Could you elaborate more on your 'awakening' experience?

It's just a sense that you're about to transcend your person, followed by a fear of leaving the world behind. I can't really explain it, best I can do is what I originally wrote on the post. 

@traveler What if you weren't transcending your person as you so describe, you were just realising what you truly are? You just put on another pair of glasses and saw the real deal. Or,  you saw the screen instead of the content. The sky instead of the clouds. We can get stuck in thought stories about the fear awakening can bring. What is fear? Do you fear the nose on your face? Do you fear what is? I'm asking you, but I'm actually asking myself. ? 

Edited by Surfingthewave

Ofc not. A gateless gate is a koan. To succeed at it you must realize that no such thing exists like no-gate. There is no reality to such a thing as no gate. It either is there or it isn't. 

But what you are describing sounds like "I can't" like you are discouraging yourself with that belief. 

13 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

@traveler What if you weren't transcending your person as you so describe, you were just realising what you truly are? You just put on another pair of glasses and saw the real deal. Or,  you saw the screen instead of the content. The sky instead of the clouds. We can get stuck in thought stories about the fear awakening can bring. What is fear? Do you fear the nose on your face? Do you fear what is? I'm asking you, but I'm actually asking myself. ? 

Yeah definitely. Thank you.  

The experience is very real in the moment, but it's just an experience. If I'm honest I don't really care, I did when I made the post but i don't care now. Lolz. Wtf is all this seeking about anyway, all the questions make me sick. Haha. Good night.

11 minutes ago, njuufa said:

Ofc not. A gateless gate is a koan. To succeed at it you must realize that no such thing exists like no-gate. There is no reality to such a thing as no gate. It either is there or it isn't. 

But what you are describing sounds like "I can't" like you are discouraging yourself with that belief. 

You could almost say that, that realization is the gateless gate ?

2 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

@traveler What is the gateless gate? 

It is something that would be a problem for a farmer who has a lot of land. Nightmare. 

@traveler Glad you don't care. Wow, I think I just heard that gateless gate opening. Good night to you. 

@Bill W Haha, indeed. A strangeloop springs to mind. Or one of those crop circles that doesn't exist. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

The mindfuck there’s no mindfuck. 

The mindfuckless mindfuck. 

The gateless gate is referring to Enlightenment itself...it is the description of when you fully drop the egoic self agenda and who you think you are and realize your true self that its always been. 

There's a saying in samadhi nobody can enter the gateless gate so be nobody.

The great way is not difficult for those who have no preferences.( this is a good one too)

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, traveler said:

It's just a sense that you're about to transcend your person, followed by a fear of leaving the world behind. I can't really explain it, best I can do is what I originally wrote on the post. 

From Samadhi movie:

Samadhi is not about attaining or adding something more to yourself. To realize Samadhi is to learn to die before you die. Life and death are like yin and yang, an inseparable continuum endlessly unfolding with no beginning and no end. When we push away death, we also push away life. When you experience the truth directly of who you are, there is no longer any fear or life or death. We are told who we are by our society and our culture, and at the same time we are slaves to the deeper unconscious biological cravings and aversions that govern our choices. The ego construct is nothing more than the impulse to repeat. It is simply the path that energy once took, and the tendency for the energy to take that path again, whether it is negative or positive for the organism. 

It’s important to note that when we accept reality as it is, it doesn’t necessarily mean that we stop taking action in the world, or we become meditating pacifists. 

Actually the opposite can be true; when we’re free to act without being driven by unconscious motives, then it is possible to act in alignment with the Tao, with the full force of our inner energy behind us. 

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

19 hours ago, traveler said:

My mind often uses my family as an excuse: "I will turn into an insane person, starring into nothingness, not recognizing my family and I will hurt them so much by doing that" that's an example of a thought. It seems irrational but in the moment the thought is insanely convincing.

Don’t trust your mind,It will bring you any argument, which will be even more credible than until now, just so you don't leave it.?