traveler

Have you guys met the gateless gate?

32 posts in this topic

Ever since I had my big awakening experience, I haven't had a single day of not pursuing enlightenment. It's like everything is so dry and lifeless when you're in duality. When I meditate and get in touch with my self it's better, and I feel in some of those moments that I am enlightened or that my conceptualizing mind has seen through its tricks. But yesterday I got a taste of the depth of what all of this is about again. I had a quick glimpse into a state of samadhi. These glimpses reminds you how absolutely mind blowing and insane this enlightenment thing is for the person, the person would never pursue enlightenment they knew what it really meant. Passing through the gateless gate is terrifying, it feels like you are leaving EVERYTHING behind. Your family, your friends, your body, your mind, humanity, the world. It is the death of you! 

You know that it has to be done though, so when you can't go through with it, you descend to maya the endless circle of life again. In some ways that feels good, because it's safe, but the urge to be free will come again and you'll do the same thing over and over again. That is the reason that truth never is in the future truth is now! The ego will always have an great excuse to stay in maya when you are at the edge of oblivion. The excuses will be so convincing everytime. My mind often uses my family as an excuse: "I will turn into an insane person, starring into nothingness, not recognizing my family and I will hurt them so much by doing that" that's an example of a thought. It seems irrational but in the moment the thought is insanely convincing.

Too pass there has to be a complete surrendering to god. The absolute test of your faith. 

@traveler powerful stuff.   In the end you are surrendering to yourself.   It's not so much a test of faith to me as it is to become and embody your True nature - to realize your full Infinite power and be in complete alignment with that.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There seems to be a line that can be crossed. From the known to the unknown. From time to eternity. From body mind to nothingness. That is what I mean. It is the leap of faith. Jumping into the infinite abyss where no person can enter.

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@traveler The gateless gate = mayaless maya. 

Nice one 

3 hours ago, traveler said:

Ever since I had my big awakening experience, I haven't had a single day of not pursuing enlightenment. It's like everything is so dry and lifeless when you're in duality. When I meditate and get in touch with my self it's better, and I feel in some of those moments that I am enlightened or that my conceptualizing mind has seen through its tricks. But yesterday I got a taste of the depth of what all of this is about again. I had a quick glimpse into a state of samadhi. These glimpses reminds you how absolutely mind blowing and insane this enlightenment thing is for the person, the person would never pursue enlightenment they knew what it really meant. Passing through the gateless gate is terrifying, it feels like you are leaving EVERYTHING behind. Your family, your friends, your body, your mind, humanity, the world. It is the death of you! 

You know that it has to be done though, so when you can't go through with it, you descend to maya the endless circle of life again. In some ways that feels good, because it's safe, but the urge to be free will come again and you'll do the same thing over and over again. That is the reason that truth never is in the future truth is now! The ego will always have an great excuse to stay in maya when you are at the edge of oblivion. The excuses will be so convincing everytime. My mind often uses my family as an excuse: "I will turn into an insane person, starring into nothingness, not recognizing my family and I will hurt them so much by doing that" that's an example of a thought. It seems irrational but in the moment the thought is insanely convincing.

Too pass there has to be a complete surrendering to god. The absolute test of your faith. 

Ya the plunge can be SUPER scary, but like Leo was saying in his most recent video, you shouldn't feel like you have to or that if you don't your doing something wrong.  When your ready your ready.  Sometimes when you've just had enough of this life you look at that no coming back and your like, what the hell do I really have to lose, I've done it all, seen it all, fucked it all, spent and pleasured through it all, suffered, loved....  So why not....  Its also really not what your expecting when you look back or what you feared and maybe not even what you believed would happened....What does your heart tell you....If you deeply feel your not ready for what ever that mysterious pull is, then just respect that, but if you feel like letting go a little more, then do it without hesitation or what mind trick crys out once you've seen your answer.

@Mu_ thank you ?

Seems like I saw, spent and fucked it all in my previous lives, because there hasn't been much of that in my current life and I have no desire for it either. 

My mind often uses my family as an excuse: "I will turn into an insane person, starring into nothingness, not recognizing my family and I will hurt them so much by doing that" that's an example of a thought. It seems irrational but in the moment the thought is insanely convincing.

Maybe you're right, instead of getting free you are walking towards eternal damnation.

3 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

Maybe you're right, instead of getting free you are walking towards eternal damnation.

What are you getting at?

@traveler  You say that's an excuse but how do you know that you're not going to damn yourself if you make the jump ?

5 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

@traveler  You say that's an excuse but how do you know that you're not going to damn yourself if you make the jump ?

Because I won't be there if I make the jump

@traveler it's good if you have that knowledge then you don't need the excuses cited above anymore

1 minute ago, Tetcher said:

@traveler it's good if you have that knowledge then you don't need the excuses cited above anymore

The interesting thing with this shit, is that you can be so god damn confused about it all, then it's all clear and not as fantastical as you imagined it to be, then you forget about it and your mind creates images of how amazing it was and then your back to your search again and then it feels like your on the edge of getting it and you feel like you're gonna die and then you realise it and on and on and on and down the stream we sail. It's a joke

@traveler well said, what you experienced as this gate from which there is no comeback maybe it was just part of the experience and even if you went through your trip would have showed you new things but maybe you would still be back to your old good self after the trip end. A bit like Leo says he physically died during some of his trips yet he always came back to the good old Leo.

Edited by Tetcher

3 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

@traveler What is the gateless gate? 

It is a gate that is gateless

4 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Are you referring to kensho or satori?

I have no idea what kensho or satori is