Michael Paul

A warning to those pursuing Kundalini

99 posts in this topic

On 22/10/2019 at 6:14 AM, Nahm said:

I wonder if kundalini is a write off. Not the sensations, or the experience, but “kundalini”. 

It is a write off, but its also very useful for healing. Just because something is imaginary doesn't mean it isn't useful or highly valuable. The theory and practices revolving around kundalini are super effective for healing, but I'm very sure no one has actually verified the existence of kundalini. The sensations and experiences for which people use the word to point to are very real though. 

@electroBeam

By write off, I don’t mean imaginary. I mean one is choosing what does not feel good to one, and not seeing it because it is being ‘written off’, or attributed to something else.  

26 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

The sensations and experiences for which people use the word to point to are very real though. 

Indeed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@electroBeam

By write off, I don’t mean imaginary. I mean one is choosing what does not feel good to one, and not seeing it because it is being ‘written off’, or attributed to something else.  

Indeed. 

In that sense of the word, yes definitely. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on the planet has experienced kundalini before but had 'written it off' because they just assume its a feeling or dopamine in the brain or whatever.

I've thought for some time now that everyone has actually had 'spiritual' experiences before but just not recognised it as such. This was the case for me. When I first heard of kundalini, I was suprised that it wasn't something from a different dimension, something totally different. I was suprised that kundalini was just 'a feeling' that was amplified using meditative techniques.

Prana, kundalini, there are all just 'feelings'. But actually when you channel kundalini to the crown chakra and have a massive explosion, you realise there's more to this 'feeling' that's beyond physical reality. How interesting. 

Edited by electroBeam

@Maximus Sounds like kundalini arousal. Bliss states come and go, it’s best not to be attached to them.

Some people are determined (meaning, you can’t avoid it) to experience the darkness at certain points in their journey. This is completely normal, don’t be afraid of it. However, the light will return when you continue to meditate and seek higher truths. When it does, you realize it had been there all along, you just couldn’t detect it.

Should one continue the practices during kundalini awakening?

The pressure and warm feeling inside the body has spread from arms and legs to the whole body in the past few months. There is energy even inside the head and it feels like I am dying every moment. Waking up between 3 and 4 every night and not being able to get back to sleep. 

Does Reiki help?

@Good-boy Reiki does not help significantly (maybe slightly) in my personal experience. I recommend doing basic meditation.

@Nickyy Dark night(s) can last for extremely long periods of time.

Thank you, guys, for sharing your experiences with kundalini. I have a question. Did you continue practicing after kundalini awakening or did you stop? (out of fear or whatever reason)

@Buba I kept doing basic meditation for awhile but eventually you’re in a semi-meditative state 24/7 post-Kundalini awakening.

1 hour ago, Michael Paul said:

@Buba I kept doing basic meditation for awhile but eventually you’re in a semi-meditative state 24/7 post-Kundalini awakening.

I wonder if keeping practicing will help to pass through dark moments faster. Why do some people have this period for years and others just for several months?

Have you tried an earthing mat? I sleep on one every night, it does help to drain the excess energy. It’s really just the same thing as bare feet on the ground or having a coldish shower.

I have an opinion on everything :D

@Michael Paul I have had kundalini  for the last 7 months. The main difficulty with it is severe insomnia. What's your opinion on masturbating when  you have kundalini to help with symptoms, do it regularly or preserve your seman?

@Buba Everyone is on a unique path. Some people are being elevated through different experiences, some of which are dark. These can be an extreme catalyst for growth.

@bobbyward Masturbation can be grounding during the kundalini process. Just don’t over saturate yourself with it.

6 hours ago, Michael Paul said:

@Buba Everyone is on a unique path. Some people are being elevated through different experiences, some of which are dark. These can be an extreme catalyst for growth.

@bobbyward Masturbation can be grounding during the kundalini process. Just don’t over saturate yourself with it.

In last year’s January I had severe depersonalization, depression, anxiety and etc after 7-8 months of 20 minutes daily meditation. I could not go to work. I could not even talk. I could not eat. I stopped meditation.

So how one can survive this for years? Without work, in constant anxiety and etc

Edited by Buba

I have been using Kundalini Yoga methods for a couple of years now. This is definitely true. It can grow you spiritually almost as as fast as it can backfire.

Edited by Dantas

@Buba I’ve been through something similar. It’s hard. You have to keep going and not give up, eventually it gets better and you learn how to live with it.

@bobbyward My kundalini activated by having cold showers, meditating an hour daily, 15 minutes of pranaya breathing, intermittent fasting and doing no fap from February to September. On certain days the energy is so strong that I have no choice but to masturbate, sometimes 2-3 times a day, but no fap seems like a no go at the moment.

Edited by Good-boy

5 hours ago, Michael Paul said:

@Buba I’ve been through something similar. It’s hard. You have to keep going and not give up, eventually it gets better and you learn how to live with it.

Thank you very much. It is hard for me to accept that life is utterly meaningless and my values, family, myself do not exist.

And by the way I have never had Kundalini awakening.

Edited by Buba

Hi everyone, 

New here, joined specifically because there are a number of interesting Kundalini-related discussions going on, which I'd like to participate in. I do recognise a couple of people from other forums.

I have also experienced a Kundalini Awakening, which was either spontaneous or a result of spiritual practice and study, depending on your perspective. The date when it happened, December 2012, makes me think it wasn't coincidental and was always meant to happen during that time and the way it did. I know several people who also experienced awakenings at around the same time, so it would seem to me that some sort of subtle spiritual or perhaps density shift did take place at around that time and it triggered something in people who were sensitive to it or ready to experience an awakening.

As Michael stated in his OP, it is a dangerous thing, a Kundalini Awakening and the potential for things to go wrong is very real. After the initial euphoria (my experience was essentially identical to what Gopi Krishna describes in his books, which I only found out about afterwards), I went through what is generally known as the "Dark Night of the Soul" and suffered from many neurological and psychological issues, including chest pain, panic attacks and related agoraphobia. I was unemployed for several years as I was basically unable to function normally and received no help at all, from anyone. 

Thankfully, I had ample savings and managed to gradually work through my various problems and issues, to the extent that I am fine now and enjoying the positive side of being "awake" if you want to call it that. I also received substantial divine help and developed a close personal relationship with various deities over the years, who saved my life and sanity as well as a few other people I asked them to assist with. I don't want to go into this now, but perhaps I will write about it in more detail at a later stage. 

If you have any questions or concerns, or need help with any issues you are experiencing, Kundalini-wise, feel free to ask, I will do my best to try and help.

Edited by Dumuzzi