Michael Paul

A warning to those pursuing Kundalini

99 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I wonder if kundalini is a write off. Not the sensations, or the experience, but “kundalini”. 

I have no idea wtf kundalini is, I just had a big experience and call it kundalini so people have an idea of what I'm talking about, and I think everyone else is doing the same. We are all frauds, and we don't know shit. Thank god.

2 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

@OBEler I had been meditating seriously (every day for an hour or longer) for 2 years prior. But ya I sat down, closed my eyes, took 3 deep breathes and I was hit by a truck! It felt like orgasmic energy flowing through my body with its most intense position going up my spine and exploding out of my head. My abdomen felt like it had a fire burning inside with intense heat radiating into and outside my body. I also remember the largest smile being on my face and thinking “this was how happy the Buddha was” 
My mind was in heaven and every cell in my body was vibrating organisms. 

Id empty my bank account to feel it again just once. 

Yeah it is better than a heroin high so it is said.. (I have not done heroin but i have felt the bliss of Pure Being and it is awesome.  You can feel it fill your entire body and also when it leaves.  

@Nahm maybe the term Kundalini is a write off - but the phenomena is real - i call it Being.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I wonder if kundalini is a write off. Not the sensations, or the experience, but “kundalini”. 

@Nahm  To an extent you’re right, the term Kundalini has a lot of baggage. There’s a ton of misinformation and mythology surrounding it. But there is definitely a reservoir of life force energy located at the base of the spine which can be moved through the spine to the top of the head which can alter your perceptions and consciousness.

Agreed. Also, in the spirit of untangling, or unraveling it, and finishing it out, what if perception and consciousness doesn’t change, but perspective changes, in the sense, that perception and consciousness doesn’t change? Might shift the focus to what is this which is unchanging, from what is this change.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Michael Paul can you give me te exercises for tantric yoga you did? I already had a kundalini rising during a weed trip and know exactly how it feels. Like your spine is on fire. This energy raised like a rocket up my spine but as it reached the head it had no power anymore so there was nothing special to feel as it reached the head, just a little tingle sensation. Afterwards I forgot about this experience until I read about kundalini awakening. I try since 2 years to raise this energy again through kriya and meditation. I feel I am total ready for this

@Nahm Never thought of it in that light. I’ll have to meditate on that, thanks for the insight.

@OBEler I was doing the Cool Draw and the Big Draw from Mantak Chia’s The Multi-Orgasmic Man. Please, if you’re going to do those practices, for the love of God, follow his instructions and heed his warnings. You run the risk of severely unbalancing your energetic system if you go into this unprepared and recklessly. Don’t do this unless you’re absolutely sure you want to feel energy rise to your brain and remain in your head. It may change you forever.

@Michael Paul I will do this on top of kriya yoga. Thank you ! I will be careful.

I already can feel once a day spontaneously a strange liquid cold energy in my brain. It lasts for 2 seconds. It feels very good. it is different than the energy I feel during meditation. It feels like it wants something. 

9 hours ago, Michael Paul said:

Be careful. Kundalini is an extremely powerful energy that should only be activated under guidance and with proper care and preparation. Speaking from personal experience with an involuntary awakening at age 18, just know that if you go down the path of Kundalini that you are sure to experience some very dark moments where the light will seem very distant, even if you take proper care and are responsible about it. Kundalini doesn’t mess around, and it’s crucial that we understand the dangers involved in pursuing it recklessly. It is not for the faint of heart. 

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. Any comments on your own experience with this energy are welcome, of course ?.

What do you mean by kundalini?

Is your involuntary 'awakening' an enlightenment experience or a 'kensho' or a kundalini?

How do you know your awakening is kundalini? What did you use to determine it's a kundalini?

What were you presently identified as before/after kundalini?

What is your consciousness like now? Do you still experience normal states of consciousness like waking up from sleep, feeling emotions throughout the day, going to sleep, having dreams? Experience higher states of consciousness?

Lastly, do you now own a pet snake and act emo?

26 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

What do you mean by kundalini?

Is your involuntary 'awakening' an enlightenment experience or a 'kensho' or a kundalini?

How do you know your awakening is kundalini? What did you use to determine it's a kundalini?

What were you presently identified as before/after kundalini?

What is your consciousness like now? Do you still experience normal states of consciousness like waking up from sleep, feeling emotions throughout the day, going to sleep, having dreams? Experience higher states of consciousness?

Lastly, do you now own a pet snake and act emo?

As I described in a post in this same thread, kundalini is a term used to point to a large reservoir of Prana (life force energy) located at the base of the spine.

From talking to various masters around the world and studying the topic intensely, I have determined that, yes, I indeed did have a legitimate kundalini awakening. This creates an initial higher state of awareness/consciousness, which can (but may not necessarily) lead to full enlightenment.

Prior to this awakening, my identification was strictly with the body and the mind. However, after a tumultuous few years and much growth, I have discovered my true nature as the Self. When you realize the Self, you can have periods of time where you feel completely egoless. I must say that kundalini in and of itself does not necessarily lead to full enlightenment. You have to utilize it in conjunction with other practices and research in order to fully awaken. In other words, kundalini is just one aspect of awakening.

I often experience transcendental subjective states of consciousness, some of which feel analogous to being in the best dream you’ve ever had while awake during the day. However, they are often short lived. I still experience the full gamut of human life, including sleep, dreams, and normal human emotions.

Your last question made me laugh out loud because of the contrast, thanks for the chuckle ?. 

In case anyone is wondering, I am 23 years old.

Edited by Michael Paul

@Red-White-Light Yes, psychosis can occur via kundalini. However, this psychosis is typically different in nature than that of a serious mental illness such as Bipolar I or Schizophrenia. I recommend doing some research on the difference. Kundalini psychosis tends to resolve on its own through grounding techniques and such, whereas mental illness requires a much more physical intervention (medication).

Why does Rupert Spira talk about enlightenment/awakening as very infrequently being an intense experience, and yet almost everyone here reports intense experiences? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Red-White-Light Kundalini in and of itself may create transient hallucinatory experiences, but in my experience and talking to various masters around the world, I don’t think it would necessarily precipitate serious mental illness. The two may coincide, but to say Kundalini triggers them is probably inaccurate.

@mandyjw Rupert Spira has been on his own path in life. Some people grow through intensity, others through serenity. I think the best way to grow is a combination of the two.

@Thewritersunion By intense I mean going to the extremes of positive and/or negative. Everything exists on a spectrum, and in the world of spirituality you can have deeply positive moments and deeply negative moments. I’ve experienced the entire spectrum, and the best way to describe it is as intense.

On 21.10.2019 at 10:27 PM, mandyjw said:

Why does Rupert Spira talk about enlightenment/awakening as very infrequently being an intense experience, and yet almost everyone here reports intense experiences? 

Awakening / enlightenment occurs spontaneously, but due to the variety of methods that lead to its experimentation, it may have varying degrees of intensity, and the process of incorporating the experience thereafter appears as if it were gradual.

@Michael Paul

On 22/10/2019 at 5:52 PM, Michael Paul said:

@Red-White-Light Kundalini in and of itself may create transient hallucinatory experiences, but in my experience and talking to various masters around the world, I don’t think it would necessarily precipitate serious mental illness. The two may coincide, but to say Kundalini triggers them is probably inaccurate.

There's some level of truth to my statement. There are enough online case studies on YouTube, however we don't truly know the full story for each case.